SU bowl projections | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Would rather play a better brand like Iowa or Wisconsin.

But at least if it’s Minnesota our travel crowd will look good probably 3 to 1 orange
I imagine the coaching staff would rather play Iowa too. Especially the defensive staff

I imagine the coaching staff would rather play Iowa too. Especially the defensive staff
Any big ten schools going to present size problems in the trenches. Imo the ACC has better LB and CB play than the B1G though.

Minnesota seems to be a team that plays down to their opponent.

We’d be going in, assumingly, with a health Shrader and Tucker and a reassembled WR two deep.

I think this might have been indirectly referenced earlier but the espn "final projection" updated at midnight is split. You'd think the network that programs all of these games would have some clarity.

Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl
Schlabach: Syracuse vs. Minnesota

TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl
Bonagura: Missouri vs. Syracuse

I think this might have been indirectly referenced earlier but the espn "final projection" updated at midnight is split. You'd think the network that programs all of these games would have some clarity.

Two very MEH matchups.

Who did Schlabach have in Pinstripe? Pitt?

Is there any website that lists what to swag bags are for the players at each bowl? If they can't have a warm bowl, I'd be happy for them to come away with some cool stuff (and a win!).

Is the fact that SU lobbied so hard for the pinstripe vs, say, Military, about ease of logistics? Trying to firm up recruiting in NY? Knowing they can sell lots of tickets in NY? All of rhe above? I mean the Bronx can't be anything about rewarding rhe kids right?

Is the fact that SU lobbied so hard for the pinstripe vs, say, Military, about ease of logistics? Trying to firm up recruiting in NY? Knowing they can sell lots of tickets in NY? All of rhe above? I mean the Bronx can't be anything about rewarding rhe kids right?

There’s more to see and do in NYC than anywhere else. I suspect they’ll simply put their coats, hats, and gloves on when they go outside, and greatly enjoy their time there.

Unfortunately that’s what 7-5 tends to get you.
Hey, fine with me. We just need to capitalize. All I see is an opportunity for a win against a big 10. I’ll put my wants aside.

If we get Birmingham...look at alternative cities to fly into like ATL, Nashville, Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach/Destin

The beaches from MS to Panama City are a solid option for a few days

We’re 7-5 , who do you want Bama, Ohio St ?? Perfectly fine matchups IMO.
Not talking about quality. These are just teams from the big 10/sec we’ve played recently

Is there any website that lists what to swag bags are for the players at each bowl? If they can't have a warm bowl, I'd be happy for them to come away with some cool stuff (and a win!).
There will be. Every year espn.com or a similar site covers it.

Yawn we’ve already played them in a bowl can we get someone new and exciting?

Its money. Cuse wont eat as many tickets

I think this will be my last update.

Spent some time reading a bunch of ACC football message boards.

From what I can piece together, here is how it is going to go down…

Orange Clemson
CheezIt FSU
Gator ND
Holiday UNC
Sun Pitt
Mayo NC State
Pinstripe Syracuse
Military Duke
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

It appears that a huge domino in these selections was what the Pinstripe did. They chose Syracuse (no doubt Syracuse lobbied hard for it).

There were apparently expectations Pitt was going to get the nod here (they apparently preferred it over the Sun). When Syracuse was picked instead, it meant the Sun got Pitt (instead of Duke). Wake was expected to get the Military but with Pitt in the Sun, Duke was sent to the Military. And Wake got bumped from the Military to the Gasparilla.

Duke and Wake fans are not happy. Duke fans really wanted the Mayo Bowl, or at least the Sun given their 8-4 record.

And it appears all but certain the B1G team in the Pinstripe will be Minnesota, whose fans are very unhappy. They think they deserved a more prestigious bowl against a more prestigious opponent.

It appears they are still a very stupid fanbase. I look forward to some interesting conversations on this board with some of them.
Didn't we have this in a past bowl scenario and then went and kicked their butttts?

I think this will be my last update.

Spent some time reading a bunch of ACC football message boards.

From what I can piece together, here is how it is going to go down…

Orange Clemson
CheezIt FSU
Gator ND
Holiday UNC
Sun Pitt
Mayo NC State
Pinstripe Syracuse
Military Duke
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

It appears that a huge domino in these selections was what the Pinstripe did. They chose Syracuse (no doubt Syracuse lobbied hard for it).

There were apparently expectations Pitt was going to get the nod here (they apparently preferred it over the Sun). When Syracuse was picked instead, it meant the Sun got Pitt (instead of Duke). Wake was expected to get the Military but with Pitt in the Sun, Duke was sent to the Military. And Wake got bumped from the Military to the Gasparilla.

Duke and Wake fans are not happy. Duke fans really wanted the Mayo Bowl, or at least the Sun given their 8-4 record.

And it appears all but certain the B1G team in the Pinstripe will be Minnesota, whose fans are very unhappy. They think they deserved a more prestigious bowl against a more prestigious opponent.

It appears they are still a very stupid fanbase. I look forward to some interesting conversations on this board with some of them.

If we lobbied hard for the pinstripe and had options, I really hope the players, or at least the captains, had some input.

We will sell a good amount of seats for the Pinstripe. Def a lot more than Military. Hate not having tailgate options but we will go to some fun bars in the city instead.

Not sure SU lobbied for Pinstripe other than saying they don't want the Fenway Bowl this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom