SU bowl projections | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

NYC alumni are not reliable unless there is hype.

I fear we only have 12K fans there
Yes but based on unofficial convos I’ve been having with plenty in my circle, they’ll still show up for this one. It’s convenient. Folks are off. And they want to drink that week. Don’t underestimate the drinking prowess of this crowd.

Seems like a missed opportunity to me.
Cuse vs Illinois & our ex QB is a much better story than Cuse vs Minn & our ex AD
True but I am glad, Illinois will be a much more motivated team than Minnesota. Like us, bowls aren’t a given at Illinois. Pinstripe is a booby prize for Minnesota(even though they aren’t the big shots they and their fans seem to think they are)

Yes but based on unofficial convos I’ve been having with plenty in my circle, they’ll still show up for this one. It’s convenient. Folks are off. And they want to drink that week. Don’t underestimate the drinking prowess of this crowd.

Outside of people on this board that I know personally, I have about 10-12 family/friends who went to the first two pinstripe bowls. All but one maybe none are going this year. The excitement just isn’t there and there’s just no Bowl atmosphere or tailgating. Yankee stadium could possibly be the worst bowl venue.

Cuse vs Illinois & our ex QB is a much better story than Cuse vs Minn & our ex AD
0.0% of either of those considerations goes into matchup decisions.

Outside of people on this board that I know personally, I have about 10-12 family/friends who went to the first two pinstripe bowls. All but one maybe nine are going this year. The excitement just isn’t there and there’s just no Bowl atmosphere or tailgating. Yankee stadium could possibly be the worst bowl venue.
I’m struggling with it… I’ve been before, and if I go again it most likely won’t be with my younger daughters. Not sure I want to roll the dice with the weather, they’d be miserable if it’s nasty out.

I want to support the team and celebrate a bowl game. Was really hoping for something just a bit further South.

I’m struggling with it… I’ve been before, and if I go again it most likely won’t be with my younger daughters. Not sure I want to roll the dice with the weather, they’d be miserable if it’s nasty out.

I want to support the team and celebrate a bowl game. Was really hoping for something just a bit further South.

Agreed 144%.

However, Military Bowl isn’t sufficiently further south to make an appreciable difference in the weather.

It’s not like folks @ Pinstripe are gonna be bundled up, while @ Military they’re in shorts & T-shirts.

And as a tourist destination
NYC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Annapolis.

Outside of people on this board that I know personally, I have about 10-12 family/friends who went to the first two pinstripe bowls. All but one maybe nine are going this year. The excitement just isn’t there and there’s just no Bowl atmosphere or tailgating. Yankee stadium could possibly be the worst bowl venue.
I wonder if the fans dont show (which i am NOT advocating for in any way - i am likely going) SU will stop pushing for it so aggressively.

I wonder if the fans dont show (which i am NOT advocating for in any way) SU will stop pushing for it so aggressively.

Um, no.

If the choices were:
Pinstripe, Military, Fenway, then it would be AD malfeasance to NOT push for Pinstripe.

Now - next year?
Maybe JW would ‘push’ for Military, (assuming those same options) just for variety’s sake.

That said - Pinstripe payout is substantially higher than those other 2, IIRC.

True but I am glad, Illinois will be a much more motivated team than Minnesota. Like us, bowls aren’t a given at Illinois. Pinstripe is a booby prize for Minnesota(even though they aren’t the big shots they and their fans seem to think they are)
Great point. Tougher to beat a fired up Illinois than a disappointed Minny. Idc if we play UConn I just want to finish 8-5

I think there’s just as much hype for this team as there was for the previous pinstripe teams. We’ve got recognizable players too and that helps a lot with the casual fans you need to show up to these. So I agree, I think we’ll have at least as good a showing as before.

I wonder if the fans dont show (which i am NOT advocating for in any way - i am likely going) SU will stop pushing for it so aggressively.
I think they wanted it as opposed to the Fenway, Military and Gasparilla Bowls. I think SUAD felt it was the best fit of the bowls available to us.

Um, no.

If the choices were:
Pinstripe, Military, Fenway, then it would be AD malfeasance to NOT push for Pinstripe.

Now - next year?
Maybe JW would ‘push’ for Military, (assuming those same options) just for variety’s sake.

the payout means nothing to us though with all bowl money shared equally amoung the schools and the league getting a cut

Honestly nobody cares about that except people on this board who would go to the game anyway. That’s not going to sell thousands of tickets to a fan that watched 4 ‘cuse football games while TD was here and forgot he was ever on the team. IMO

I think they wanted it as opposed to the Fenway, Military and Gasparilla Bowls. I think SUAD felt it was the best fit of the bowls available to us.
that's my read as well, if we had won one of two other games we would have preferred a southern bowl

Um, no.

If the choices were:

Now - next year?

I keep hearing conflicting info on this. Does SU get the payout or are all the ACC payouts pooled and divided? IF the bigger payout means more money, I 100% get it. If its all pooled, it doesnt matter?

I keep hearing conflicting info on this. Does SU get the payout or are all the ACC payouts pooled and divided? IF the bigger payout means more money, I 100% get it. If its all pooled, it doesnt matter?
its pooled unless they made a change since last year and didnt announce

I don’t know exactly how the ACC does it, but some conferences do it this way;

The school playing the bowl game gets 1/2 of the payout for that game and the other 1/2 goes into a pool to be split between all conference members.

The money is pooled and distributed. If you make the playoffs, or NYD type bowl, there is a bonus which does go directly to the school.

This selection show is the worst television I have ever seen. ESPN is unwatchable these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom