SU bowl projections | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Wagner is obviously almost certainly a win. If we only go 2-6 in the other eight games and make a crap bowl, I will be very bummed out.
From where we are now it would be a disappointment but it would be a successful season.

Need to get over the hump of making bowl games consistently. It starts with clawing out one so you can get a second consecutive one the following season.

If we make it to 5/0, the team will have probably exceeded the expectations for wins overall by a good chunk of this board going into the season. If the team ended up with only 2 more wins that is still a pretty darn good outcome considering the going in expectations. Honestly more then 7 would be gravy on top. Again allot of folks had this team winning maybe 3 or 4. Some thought they were reaching for 6 given schedule. Just enjoy the ride here….maybe we see 8 or 9.

Bowl projections are so confusing, I still don’t understand how it all works. Gonna try to finally figure it out this year as we will almost certainly be in the mix!

Reading the new names of some of the bowl games gave me a chuckle. :p

We will have just played in Boston on November 26th. It would be a truly awful move to ask Syracuse to go there again less than a month later.

No one is going to want to make two cold weather trips that close together to the same place. Except maybe some alums and fans in the Boston area.
I'm sure our southern overlords will totally take that into consideration when making their deals :rolleyes:

If we make it to 5/0, the team will have probably exceeded the expectations for wins overall by a good chunk of this board going into the season. If the team ended up with only 2 more wins that is still a pretty darn good outcome considering the going in expectations. Honestly more then 7 would be gravy on top. Again allot of folks had this team winning maybe 3 or 4. Some thought they were reaching for 6 given schedule. Just enjoy the ride here….maybe we see 8 or 9.
I have to disagree. That may be the perception from the outside, but we witnessed last years team lose 4 games by a total of 17 points. In addition the way we lost 3 of those games (Obvious game mismanagement), even if we split those 4, we are 7-5 with a possible bowl win. That totally changes the preseason perception of this team who is bringing back an all-American and all league players on both sides of the ball.

“If” we start this season 5-0, and the rest of the schedule that once looked daunting, now looks much more manageable. If don’t win 3 or 4 of the last 7 I would be a bit disappointed based on who we have on this team and how they are playing. These are the seasons we need to make count. We won’t always have multiple NFL draft picks on both side of the ball and home run/can’t miss coordinators on both sides of the ball.

Must be fun to have a job where you predict stuff that means absolutely nothing and there’s no repercussions for being wrong
I wouldn't know, but I would like to find out.

Awesome!
I'll let him know (I'm all the way in Jersey) in case he is interested :)
We will be at Trident Grill II. Mostly older fans. 40-70 range. But serious SU fans. There is a possible person who just graduated college. He has come before with a friend. This is a first game watch in Tucson. We do a ton of them in Phoenix. DM me if he is coming. Or tell him to just show up and ask for Linda.
2900 N Swan Road Tucson, AZ 85712

We will be at Trident Grill II. Mostly older fans. 40-70 range. But serious SU fans. There is a possible person who just graduated college. He has come before with a friend. This is a first game watch in Tucson. We do a ton of them in Phoenix. DM me if he is coming. Or tell him to just show up and ask for Linda.
2900 N Swan Road Tucson, AZ 85712

Linda does a great job with these, I had the privilege of joining them a couple of years back for a Cuse Hoops March Madness game. If your in the area definitely try and attend!

Linda does a great job with these, I had the privilege of joining them a couple of years back for a Cuse Hoops March Madness game. If your in the area definitely try and attend!
haha. I'm retired, lol. But I do assist.

I have to disagree. That may be the perception from the outside, but we witnessed last years team lose 4 games by a total of 17 points. In addition the way we lost 3 of those games (Obvious game mismanagement), even if we split those 4, we are 7-5 with a possible bowl win. That totally changes the preseason perception of this team who is bringing back an all-American and all league players on both sides of the ball.

“If” we start this season 5-0, and the rest of the schedule that once looked daunting, now looks much more manageable. If don’t win 3 or 4 of the last 7 I would be a bit disappointed based on who we have on this team and how they are playing. These are the seasons we need to make count. We won’t always have multiple NFL draft picks on both side of the ball and home run/can’t miss coordinators on both sides of the ball.
If we get 8 or 9 wins we get a good bowl game, Garrett and Tucker are must see on a national level. The talking heads like Dino, and want Syracuse to do well.

If we get 8 or 9 wins we get a good bowl game, Garrett and Tucker are must see on a national level. The talking heads like Dino, and want Syracuse to do well.
Will Sean play in whatever bowl game we get? I sure hope so. I can’t picture him letting us down but the safe play is to sit out before draft.

Will Sean play in whatever bowl game we get? I sure hope so. I can’t picture him letting us down but the safe play is to sit out before draft.

Uh if he continues playing how he has the first 3 games he won’t be entering the draft after this season

He looks like an average ACC running back so far this season

Uh if he continues playing how he has the first 3 games he won’t be entering the draft after this season

He looks like an average ACC running back so far this season
Personally I suspect it’s a combination of a deep bruise from the Louisville game and not having Elmore in front of him. I’m convinced he’s playing hurt. They’re obviously not going to say that, as having him on the field influences how the opposition schemes us.

Personally I suspect it’s a combination of a deep bruise from the Louisville game and not having Elmore in front of him. I’m convinced he’s playing hurt. They’re obviously not going to say that, as having him on the field influences how the opposition schemes us.
I don't get why people think losing Elmore is hurting Tucker...Elmore only played 4 games last year and Sean did just fine. Not meant as a slap to Elmore but I don't think he's much of a factor.

Yeah Dino’s presser Monday says otherwise……

He said that his performances will be under a microscope and they need to figure out what’s going on and that he would consider him “physically healthy”

Knowing Dino, don’t think he would say that unless he was absolutely healthy as Dino usually holds those things pretty close to his chest

Are the game watches still at same bar?
idk. Not up to me. We have not done game watches since before COVID. This is the first one. Notre Dame will be where the Notre Dame alumni club meet. Half Moon is the best option, but I am not the decision maker. You need to watch our facebook page and be on our email list.

We will have just played in Boston on November 26th. It would be a truly awful move to ask Syracuse to go there again less than a month later.

No one is going to want to make two cold weather trips that close together to the same place. Except maybe some alums and fans in the Boston area.
Nah. Boston is a fun city, tons of history and entertaining things to do. And playing a game in venerable Fenway would be fun, I wouldn't mind watching from the Monster seats, I bet it's a great view and vantage point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom