SU-FSU Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

SU-FSU Thread

Product-Blonde.png
<rummyrant>
Not even joking. The following hurts a man, it's that good:
rum_pap4.jpg

</rummyrant>
Tag your songs, people! ;)

man, ive never seen the team play such good crisp offense. and then we went into a form of stall ball that I've never actually seen before. We literally went into "hold the ball until the shot clock runs out" for the last five minutes.

man, ive never seen the team play such good crisp offense. and then we went into a form of stall ball that I've never actually seen before. We literally went into "hold the ball until the shot clock runs out" for the last five minutes.
Yeah, that was awful. Slow things down, okay, but at least move the ball around and look for easy scoring opportunities.
Fl State players were so far out defending, there had to be an opening for a lane to the basket at some point.

<rummyrant>
Not even joking. The following hurts a man, it's that good:
rum_pap4.jpg

</rummyrant>
Tag your songs, people! ;)
If my words did glow
With the cold of sunshine
And my tunes were played
On the harp unstrung

Sorry I am late responding - had to watch the game a second time right after it finished - seems so long since we have looked this good.
This is from the ACC statistics web site:

STEALS STPG
1. Michael Gbinije, SYR 2.3
2. Devon Bookert, FSU 1.7
3. Trevor Cooney, SYR 1.6
4. Joel Berry II, UNC 1.6
5. Angel Rodriguez, MIA 1.5

I had a feeling that was what you were referring to. I'm not sold those are the best stats to use to show defensive effectiveness. Playing the zone allows you to step into far more passing lanes since you aren't expected to be right next to your man. I don't know what would be a better one though.

I had a feeling that was what you were referring to. I'm not sold those are the best stats to use to show defensive effectiveness. Playing the zone allows you to step into far more passing lanes since you aren't expected to be right next to your man. I don't know what would be a better one though.

The advanced metrics are even better. We have five players in the top 20 of the ACC in defensive win shares, and three in the top ten. We're really good defensively. If you look how easy it was for us to get looks against some teams (Notre Dame, Duke, Wake, and now FSU), that doesn't happen for other teams against us, especially since JB has been back.

The advanced metrics are even better. We have five players in the top 20 of the ACC in defensive win shares, and three in the top ten. We're really good defensively. If you look how easy it was for us to get looks against some teams (Notre Dame, Duke, Wake, and now FSU), that doesn't happen for other teams against us, especially since JB has been back.

Where would I find those?

I just don't recall any other 2 guards at SU that were ranked that high in conference play. 1 and 3 in rankings given our sometimes struggles on the "O" end is what we have needed to win the games we are winning. Our inside "D" isn't exactly our biggest asset at this time.
Now to continue with watching last nights game for the 3rd time. Incredible starts to both halfs!!! Horrible end to the 1st half and who really cars about the end of the last half. Last night I realized that after one of the late turnovers JB actually had to turn from the floor so the players wouldn't see him grinning. I do not ever remember him finding anything to grin about with a TO. Maybe he is somewhat human.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom