SU-GT Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

SU-GT Thread

GT had 5 more fouls than SU, 19-14. I don't know what guys here see, but the officials were not bad in that game. I mean, just because you don't like a call or a non-call doesn't mean it was the wrong call.

The Tito Santana cross body-block on Malachi at the end of the game was probably illegal in MMA.

OTOH, at least two of the fouls on Coleman were bogus, Howard should have been called for a charge on his drive late in the game, I have no idea where the foul call on G was at the end of the game, and GT could have easily been called for 3-4 more fouls on the offensive glass.

Sometimes the ref gives you one back ... but you didn't hear that from me! :cool:

If I were a GT fan the FH block call would have made me scream at the TV. We got really lucky on that one and then the G foul made up for it I guess. The refs are jerks sometimes.

This was a bizarre game. I never thought we'd lose. It felt like we were much better yet every time I looked at the score, we were tied.

Agreed, no flow or rhythm. Not a lot of finesse. Both teams played like plumbers.

This was a bizarre game. I never thought we'd lose. It felt like we were much better yet every time I looked at the score, we were tied.

I thought at the end it was 50-50 a couple of times!

I don't like it when the refs call that foul on G at the end. That could have lost us the game. That was a really bad call.

What link did you find that led you to believe this haha. They were bad. GT tackling Lydon multiple times on rebounds. Awful call on Silent G, then a legit tackle on that last play to get Smith a shot (didnt mind the no-call on that). And then just three BS fouls on Coleman.

I watched the game from 3 min left in the first. They weren't anything like what the chronic ref-haters here think.

Great gut win...I'm finding that I don't like GT' s style of play in bball or football. Glad we beat them...

Big players inside too. Coleman had a GREAT game even though he was not playing at the end.

I don't like it when the refs call that foul on G at the end. That could have lost us the game. That was a really bad call.

I don't know what the call was based on, but I couldn't see anything on the replay. Of course, it was a different angle from the line the ref had ...

Cowtown said:
I watched the game from 3 min left in the first. They weren't anything like what the chronic ref-haters here think.

Or anywhere near as good as the chronic ref supporters believe.

Or anywhere near as good as the chronic ref supporters believe.

Show me the post in which I, or anyone, stated they were good. It was a dog of a game, and it's nigh unto impossible to do a "good" job in one of those.

Big players inside too. Coleman had a GREAT game even though he was not playing at the end.
It seemed to me that GT ran plays specifically to draw a foul on Coleman. Kinda ticked me off...he was playing well and doesn't need help fouling...

It seemed to me that GT ran plays specifically to draw a foul on Coleman. Kinda ticked me off...he was playing well and doesn't need help with fouls.

I'm not sure about the call he fouled out on. It might be because he put both hands on the player with the ball. In FIBA, the rule book clearly states that's a foul, and it came from the top, in a "point of emphasis" that the refs were supposed to tighten down on that. I'm looking in the NCAA book over on the other window ...

... nah, they want you to buy it, LOL! Maybe some other time ...

Seemed like Malachi almost got run over on the GT throw in at the very end if the game. Refs finished the game very poorly between the phantom G call and the swallow the whistle knock Malachi to the floor throw-in. Fortunately, SU won, so it doesn't have to sux real bad.

I loved when the announcer praised the refs for "tightening" the game up. Getting back control.

You don't do that by calling a ticky tack foul ending someone's day with 6 minutes left. F outta here with that.

The last 10-12 minutes could've been officiated better by 3 gerbils with whistles.

I loved when the announcer praised the refs for "tightening" the game up. Getting back control.

You don't do that by calling a ticky tack foul ending someone's day with 6 minutes left. F outta here with that.

The last 10-12 minutes could've been officiated better by 3 gerbils with whistles.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure a brawl wouldn't have broken out if they had let the last foul on Coleman go.

Hmmm ... are these the guys who kept pounding us with that back door flush? ;)

The Tito Santana cross body-block on Malachi at the end of the game was probably illegal in MMA.

OTOH, at least two of the fouls on Coleman were bogus, Howard should have been called for a charge on his drive late in the game, I have no idea where the foul call on G was at the end of the game, and GT could have easily been called for 3-4 more fouls on the offensive glass.

The internet feed I had kept freezing and I didn't see the foul on MR. Anyway, GT's size gave us a lot more trouble than the officials - that, and the back door lob play. Richardson looked like he thought defense was a spectator sport on those, lol! Anyway, both teams played like crap, we were lucky the GT shooter bricked that last foul shot (I agree, I couldn't see anything G did to put him there) and a win is a win. Especially when you're hovering around the bubble. :)

I like the the end of JB's press conference talking about the zone. "It's not some fuuu... freaking magic trick. You gotta work at it"

Pulled back the f word just in time!

I'll give the refs credit where it's due. I went back and slo-mo'd the suspect fouls starting though with the block/charge on Howard. They actually got that one right, although I thought we got away with one when it happened. It was a bang bang play that wouldn't have been terrible no matter which way they called it. But both of the defenders feet were moving all the way until contact.

The one on G in the loose ball scrum, was literally G having his hand on the jersey of the kid waist high, and didn't seem to push off at all imo.

The cross body check on MR needed no slo mo what so ever. That very well could've cost us the game, glad of course that wasn't the case.

Again, I only started with the block call. I wasn't ambitious enough to go all the way back to all DC's fouls. lol

CuseTG2003 said:
Really dumb foul

It wasn't "dumb". It's what JB screamed out for. But I didn't like the strategy either. Different story if we had fouls to give.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom