SU-GT Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

SU-GT Thread

One of the difficult things with block/charge is that the call has been interpreted differently by the NCAA and officials' boards over the years. The rule itself has changed as well, and now there's the semi-circle, which was supposed to help simplify but only made it more complicated. So given the number of officials out there - thousands of 'em in college mens ball alone - it's never going to be consistently handled, IMHO. The NBA can make it consistent because they only have 75 officials and they're pros who don't hold other jobs. Anyway, the best way to avoid block/charge issues is to make better decisions with the ball.

It wasn't "dumb". It's what JB screamed out for. But I didn't like the strategy either. Different story if we had fouls to give.

Agreed, the way it unfolded after Cooney's foul (the missed rebound, and the tight foul call on G) shows what can go wrong with that.

So riddle me this, Howard takes a bad shot however TC and MR can't continue to take crap shots but they don't get yanked...hmmmmm

such is the life of a 0.5 in JB's rotation. He looks for an excuse to take Howard out.

Cooney fouled too early

I'd rather foul too early in that situation than not at all. Unlike Hopkins JB was crystal clear in his fouling instructions.

such is the life of a 0.5 in JB's rotation. He looks for an excuse to take Howard out.

It's more than that. TC and MR have both shown the ability to come out of shooting funks and get hot in past games to carry the team's offensive load. Howard probably hasn't shown the ability to do that even in practice. Hence, no green light for Howard.

I kept waiting for TC, MR or Lydon to go on one of their patented hot shooting streaks, but it just didn't happen in this game. Which based on the games so far, is more of an anomaly than anything else and hopefully stays that way. JB wants them to take the shots in the hope that one or more of them turn the corner and get on a hot shooting streak.

Did JB call for us to foul? That was strangely early by TC, I can't fathom we meant to do it so soon. We need to get better in these end of game situations - the three to tie earlier against Wiscy, almost blowing the Duke game, this oddity yesterday. Weird stuff.

I doubt we would want to get into a foul shooting contest with 10 seconds left by putting an 85% shooter on the line for them.
It was clemson that hit the 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom