SU-GT Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU-GT Thread

Good thing Lydon has hit a few treys in the last 90 seconds or we would be in serious trouble

Someone explain why Howard sat the last two minutes

Dude has 4 assists and a couple hockey assists.

But trevor and Richardson are 3-12.

Cooney with 9 shots. Unnecessary.

Just an awful finish to the half, but huge shot by Lydon at the end!

Another terrible last 3 minutes of a first half. Up 7 with 3:30 and fortunate to be tied. Why do we always stink the last 3 minutes of the first half? Seems to always be a problem like forever.

I'll take it...some nice play, some awful play.

Got the stars some rest, we should be able to pull this out if we play our game

Madbiker said:
Another terrible last 3 minutes of a first half. Up 7 with 3:30 and fortunate to be tied. Why do we always stink the last 3 minutes of the first half? Seems to always be a problem like forever.

This is so true.

We tend to start slow a lot as well.

Honestly not surprised Cooney is struggling. When he was on fire Thursday vs ND I turned to Lincolncuse and said hes going to be 1 for the century on Saturday guaranteed. Whenever he has a monster game he usually struggles the following game. Hopefully he breaks out in the second half.

Agreed the offense was flowing really nice. Great pick and rolls and passes by Howard, but once Cooney figured he needed to try to get his own everything went to hell. Now if Howard had done one of the dumb things Cooney did during that stretch he would have been on pine probably rest of the game.

Honestly not surprised Cooney is struggling. When he was on fire Thursday vs ND I turned to Lincolncuse and said hes going to be 1 for the century on Saturday guaranteed. Whenever he has a monster game he usually struggles the following game. Hopefully he breaks out in the second half.
And usually he struggles the game before he goes off...it's a vicious cycle

And usually he struggles the game before he goes off...it's a vicious cycle

Here's to hoping he has a big game Tuesday, ill take the second half of this game though.

Turnovers and poor shot selection hurt us in the first half. We finished with 35 but could have easily had 40+ pts. Need to limit the turnovers and guard Smith.

I noticed he was standing, not moving on O ... tired
But, he's playing extremely well. Great passes!

The importance of this second half has to be known by the team. Let's see if it translates to a sense of urgency.

I fully expect our defense to come out and stay extremely strong in the 2nd half. It will win us the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom