SU-ND Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU-ND Thread

LOL at the Notre Dame fan at the bottom of the screen, making signals on the turnover. You're down 17 douchebag.

I'm no HOF coach, but Jesus! Jim needs to chill.

Howard took an open, in-rhythm 3 and nearly hit it. You don't get points for almost making a shot, but he's going to likely be a low 30% 3-point shooter for his career (I think he's only shot like 10 this year). That's far from a bad shot.

And then he flipped out on Frank for trying to make a play at the rim and coming about an inch away from a clean block.

I feel bad for the kid.

Here is my opinion, take from it what you will (only a High School coach).

With a team like Syracuse, which has several very good 3 pt. shooters, 3 pt shooting can become contagious to the point where everyone on the team - good shooter or not - feels like they can make the shot.

Something you have to address in practice is what a good shot is for each player at the current time. For Frank, he is much stronger driving to the rim and in the pick and roll. That deep 3 was a shot he can get at any point in the shot clock, Jim wants him to attack according to his strengths or pass to someone who's strength is the 3.

IF Jim has discussed that with him before, THEN I can see him being visibly upset. That being said, as is the norm with Jim, he probably got a bittttt too emotional.

I'm no HOF coach, but Jesus! Jim needs to chill.

Howard took an open, in-rhythm 3 and nearly hit it. You don't get points for almost making a shot, but he's going to likely be a low 30% 3-point shooter for his career (I think he's only shot like 10 this year). That's far from a bad shot.

And then he flipped out on Frank for trying to make a play at the rim and coming about an inch away from a clean block.

I feel bad for the kid.
He's trying to keep the intensity high. Also Frank made 3 stupid mistakes in about one minute.

UConn down by 1 late in the first against Cincy at home. They are putting themselves on the bubble if they lose this.

Worse yet, they have to deal with Mike Patrick on play by play.

I don't know how many outside shots we hit....
But isn't this a decent team when Malachi-G-Carney are relentless in the lane?
Always think to get a high percentage shot and then kick it off if that's the look they're given.

And the defense is pretty decent tonight. We have this in us every single game.

Yeah, Robey! Nice block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom