SU opens -18.5 over Montana st... | Syracusefan.com

SU opens -18.5 over Montana st...

Me too. Was just looking at their season stats and they have 5 guys shooting 39% or better from 3... as a team they average just over 9 made per game and 24 attempts per game.
Granted they haven't played a murderer's row schedule, Wyoming probably the best team they've played (who, oddly, they've already played twice and split with) - in any case, SU perimeter defense better be ready and active.

oh geez, and looks like they have a Euro big (from Turkey) that's a 3-pt sharp shooter - he's made 43% so far

pearl31 said:
Me too. Was just looking at their season stats and they have 5 guys shooting 39% or better from 3... as a team they average just over 9 made per game and 24 attempts per game. Granted they haven't played a murderer's row schedule, Wyoming probably the best team they've played (who, oddly, they've already played twice and split with) - in any case, SU perimeter defense better be ready and active.

Wyoming has trouble getting opponents who want to come to Laramie especially after making the tournament last year. So they scheduled a non conference home and home to fill out their schedule

Wyoming has trouble getting opponents who want to come to Laramie especially after making the tournament last year. So they scheduled a non conference home and home to fill out their schedule
ahh I see

This would have to be one of the worst teams in the galaxy for us to be favored by 18 plus. Shocking.

This would have to be one of the worst teams in the galaxy for us to be favored by 18 plus. Shocking.

Being the idiot I am for taking St Johns -7.5 against IW I'd love to jump on this and think it's a lock. Unfortunately we have a squad that is capable of throttling this team and could win by 30. I also wont bet on it because I lost my sports betting money and weekend drinking money when I put it all on the Johnnies Friday.

At first look, I definitely agree. But, there are literally only 9 teams in the country that have a worse defense efficiency ranking than Montana St. And they are deep in the 300's in steals, blocks and creating turnovers. Just a defensive mess. They are a good 3pt shooting team so we'll see.

This looks like a game where you take Montana St. and bet enough to pay off the Christmas mortgage.

I was thinking the same thing. How does one not take Montana St.?

KP rankings seem to suggest a 17.5 point game, so it fits in based on the efficiency numbers, but it does not fit in with the "generalizations".

1) The most efficient way to beat a really bad defensive team is getting a bunch of easy 2's -- and we shoot way too many 3's and dont have the big guys to get easy 2's.
2) 3 point shooting teams hurt us.

Point 2) I believe to be mostly false... but a few hot nights over the years have skewed how we think.

I would lean to Montana St, but I don't think it's that bad a number.

Montana State is one of the worst teams in the country. And while we beat them no sweat there are still telltale signs that we are not going to like ACC play. 48-45 on the glass. 7-25 28% from 3 against a small, slow team. How many easy buckets did we give up at the rim? Way too many. But tonight I'll just enjoy an easy win.

Madbiker said:
Montana State is one of the worst teams in the country. And while we beat them no sweat there are still telltale signs that we are not going to like ACC play. 48-45 on the glass. 7-25 28% from 3 against a small, slow team. How many easy buckets did we give up at the rim? Way too many. But tonight I'll just enjoy an easy win.

We've been fooled into thinking we're a good 3 point shooting team.

We're really not.

We're average, sometimes above average.

Many of the teams we've played this year are better than us from 3.

Hopefully you didn't go that.

heatmiser.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom