SU sees sharp uptick in NIL contributions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU sees sharp uptick in NIL contributions

Do we have the roster spots would be my bigger concern
I don't think roster spots for that small number of players is the concern. If they are better than what we have currently there will be conversations that need to take place.

NIL is the thing I'm most concerned about. I know players get NIL when transferring but I have no idea how much top tier freshman are expecting to get.

Orange United definitely needs to capitalize on the buzz around the program while they can. The time is now to get people to donate. Hopefully this article helps to get the word out, because if we truly want to compete, we definitely need more than what’s listed in the article.

Glad we're getting some momentum and hope it continues and snowballs into something that catches fire.

Since we've now got an ERob on staff (to cleanse the palate of GROB)...

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

I think right now we have 16 openings so things are going to get interesting.

I'm guessing we'll need openings to grow to at least 30.

Some of that will work itself out naturally.

Guys leave after the season all the time, for any number of reasons.

And surely Fran and staff will likely have "the talk" with some more current recruits from Dino,
as well as some current players.

We will have the space to sign the guys Fran wants.

I think right now we have 16 openings so things are going to get interesting.

I'm guessing we'll need openings to grow to at least 30.
I don't think openings will be an issue. As a new HC Fran will have a 1 time option to free up scholarships as needed.

Yup, going to be some pain
It's a cold business in this regard. We are still talking about college kids here. What I didn't realize initially is that if Fran does revoke a scholarship that player can stay at SU if he chooses and still receive his full scholarship as a nonplayer. That schoarship is then considered "open" and Brown can fill the scholarship. I can't see many displaced players taking that option. It was the NCAAs way of offering some measure of protection for the players.

It's a cold business in this regard. We are still talking about college kids here. What I didn't realize initially is that if Fran does revoke a scholarship that player can stay at SU if he chooses and still receive his full scholarship as a nonplayer. That schoarship is then considered "open" and Brown can fill the scholarship. I can't see many displaced players taking that option. It was the NCAAs way of offering some measure of protection for the players.

Yes, originally designed for Juniors/Seniors about to graduate but has been recently used for freshman/sophmores

Obviously they have the option to transfer and most do if they still want to play

Still sucks and is heartbreaking for these kids

And this includes the “guaranteed” four year schollies which is why they have to allow them to still have a scholarship at the school

I'd imagine by the start of the 2024 season, we could 3x to 4x those subscriber numbers and donations

Guessing we'll make roster spots. In a way that people don't love, but cost of doing business.
I saw an interview of HCFB where he said that he is having conversations with each player prior to this weekend.

This is not only to start building relationships but also to have convos as they are needed I’m sure. We’ll make room as needed.

It's cold but it's fair and honest. Coaches need the roster flexibility, especially in rebuilding/transformation efforts, and the education of the affected players is protected. I would expect most are here to play on the field, not just sit through practices for 4 years. So they'll have that opportunity to go do that elsewhere if they choose to and if not they can still get their degree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom