SU sees sharp uptick in NIL contributions | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU sees sharp uptick in NIL contributions

Not sure how much Orange United or other collectives nationwide are disclosing specific dollar amounts that players receive. I could be wrong. I'll certainly ask Orange United's GM about it, but he's declined to provide those kinds of specifics in the past.
I would love to hear about plans to better educate the fan base as well. Particularly how to cut through the fallacy that NIL is supported by OPM and how a grass roots fan knows what channel best fits their values. Specifically do they feel they compete with 315 Foundation, Athletes Who Care, Elite NIL, oh, and maybe even SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL.

Posted in another thread, but if everyone from here who contributes goes to the Community tab on the Orange United website and posts, or replies to my posts, a reference to the SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL Initiative and syracusefan.com it will give them an idea how critical our aggregate support can be. Might open up the door for some cool joint venture events too.

I would love to hear about plans to better educate the fan base as well. Particularly how to cut through the fallacy that NIL is supported by OPM and how a grass roots fan knows what channel best fits their values. Specifically do they feel they compete with 315 Foundation, Athletes Who Care, Elite NIL, oh, and maybe even SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL.
Well, Orange United's GM has told me on several occasions since they launched that education and awareness are key, and I think both are still lacking at this point. As far as the other collectives, Jason Belzer, who runs the organization that manages Orange United, told me when Orange United launched that he doesn't view these other collectives as competitors. I believe there was a Daily Orange story in recent days where Belzer said he has tried to have discussions with these other collectives about teaming up...

Yeah doubt they will give much information on it

That’s why I say, these kids throwing these numbers out there are pie in the sky numbers

A majority of the players aren’t receiving very much NIL money despite what the national narrative is
Totally, totally agree, my friend. I take all the "numbers" I read about on social media with the proverbial grain of salt.

Should do a big campaign on signing day. And another for spring game. More for summer practices. Then the season too.

They expected it would take a few years to build up a good base of everyday fans / subscribers. The more we each can do, the better. If every subscriber got five more….we could be running a very solid MLM operation here!
Should have a telethon. Bring in Rick Steves to stump for it and give away some European travel books and videos.

The new paradigm that is the world of high level college sports today in order to stay "competitive" etc., and "plans to better educate the fan base," IMO, probably will be a very difficult pitch, especially for those that aren't serious fans or diehards like us, etc.

I think many see these individuals already as very privileged and entitled to begin with. Getting free rides, stipends, other perks, etc. that come with the honor of being a scholarship athlete nowadays. Pleading for additional (so called) NIL coin to boot, simply to go straight in their pockets, most likely will be looked at as complete/further excess for the these very fortunate and privileged young adults.

Last edited:
Yeah, Jason puts good stuff out on X. I'm hoping to have a chat with him and Mark Hayes, Orange United's GM, next week to discuss all of this stuff!!
I have many questions for Hayes….

I have many questions for Hayes….
I'm happy to include them in my list of Qs for him when we speak, if you feel comfortable sharing...also feel free to send me a PM!

It shall be known. I am one.
I feel the need to repeat that there is a Community section on the OrangeUnited website where members can post in a message board format. If everyone here who contributes that they are now OrangeUnited donors thanks to their involvement with syracusefan.com and the SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL Initiative they will realize how impactful we are in the aggregate. This will open up opportunities for us to potentially work together on some exciting projects. Takes all of 30 seconds but only a handful of us have done so as of this morning. Feel free to respond to one of my posts there with a “Ditto!” or post your own.

Mark Hayes is a great guy. He’s done all the marketing stuff for the Crunch the past 15 years. He and I were on the hill at the same time and he may best be remembered by people approaching 40 as a Faegans bartender.

Last edited:
Mark Hayes is a great guy. He’s done all the marketing stuff for the crunch for the past 15 years. He and I were on the hill at the same time and he may best be remembered by people approaching 40 as a Faegans bartender.
That's why he looked familiar! Good on him man. Always seemed like a decent dude. Faegans flip night was killer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom