SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

I apologize for responding to you. I wanted to post that link and tried to use reply from your post ans delete your quote, so it was clean. But I couldn’t do it.

Back to the thread…yes, things look good. Trying hard not to get my hopes up so I am not crushed if this doesn’t happen.

We never hire the best coaches.

It would be awesome to have the best OC and QB coach in the conference. What a fantastic improvement over where things were a couple of years ago.
If the likes of Gilbert and Martin don’t tickle your fancy, well I just don’t know what to tell you ;)

How about Martin and Lewis?

Lewis_and_Martin.jpg

Yeah I remember the team getting a standing ovation after the Minnesota loss. It was night and day improvement.
I don’t remember that. But mainly because I drank 17 beers, slipped on the Dome bleachers and slid down 12 rows like a gd toboggan into two very nice older gentlemen whom I almost Bruce Lee’d over the 3rd level railings.

I don’t remember that. But mainly because I drank 17 beers, slipped on the Dome bleachers and slid down 12 rows like a gd toboggan into two very nice older gentlemen whom I almost Bruce Lee’d over the 3rd level railings.
Sounds horrible, but I'm also envisioning that while you're sliding down you're just like, knocking nachos up out of people's hands and cheese and tortilla rounds and jalapenos are flying everywhere and it's chaos.

Sounds horrible, but I'm also envisioning that whole you're sliding down you're just like, knocking nachos up out of people's hands and cheese and tortilla rounds and jalapenos are flying everywhere and it's chaos.
Lol - it was a pretty straight shot. But in hindsight, probably could’ve been pretty bad. But, there was definitely at least one nachos grande on the floor bc of that slide.

Yeah I remember the team getting a standing ovation after the Minnesota loss. It was night and day improvement.

I remember the offensive coaches getting an ovation as the descended from the booth at halftime because we'd scored 20 points in the first half after years of G-Rob's limp-wristed attacks. Unfortunately we didn't score in the second half and lost 20-23 in overtime.

I remember the offensive coaches getting an ovation as the descended from the booth at halftime because we'd scored 20 points in the first half after years of G-Rob's limp-wristed attacks. Unfortunately we didn't score in the second half and lost 20-23 in overtime.
If my memory is correct we had a shot at the end but Paulus missed the receiver. After the clock expired everyone in that end zone stood and clapped as they walked down for the anthem.

If my memory is correct we had a shot at the end but Paulus missed the receiver. After the clock expired everyone in that end zone stood and clapped as they walked down for the anthem.

I was in the corner end zone (TexanMark tix specials if I remember correctly) and everyone was on their feet clapping and yelling as players walked over for the anthem.

Back to the subject of the thread, at least topics more related to it…

The UVa football board has a bunch of rumors that UVa is out for the Fenway Bowl. A message was sent to football alums last night confirming this.

The SMU team has decided to wait before flying to Boston to see if UVa is going to try and play.

Another rumor has Armstrong as one of the starters out with COVID. I expect a formal announcement that UVa is out will be made shortly.

Not a good way to start a new bowl game.

The UVa football board has a bunch of rumors that UVa is out for the Fenway Bowl. A message was sent to football alums last night confirming this.

The SMU team has decided to wait before flying to Boston to see if UVa is going to try and play.

Another rumor has Armstrong as one of the starters out with COVID. I expect a formal announcement that UVa is out will be made shortly.

I guess making a bowl and getting it cancelled is better than not making a bowl in the first place.

Wow...crazy stuff. Gotta believe an official announcement would happen pretty soon.