SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

Good things happen in 3s. Let’s get Armstrong’s name into that transfer portal.
First, kudos to John Wildhack for convincing the BOT to spend the money to hire these guys. I am sure we broke all kinds of records for paying assistant coaches here. Don’t think Syracuse has ever hired assistant coaches for football as distinguished as these guys. Awesome. My wildest dreams have come true.

Virginia finished 2nd in passing yards and 3rd in total offense in the country this past season. They have taken an awful Virginia offense and made it the best unit in the conference, and one of the best in the country.

We caught a break with UVA’s unfortunate outbreak of COVID in that we can now tell our recruits who the new OC and QB coaches will be.

It will be interesting to see if they install their offense here or if an attempt is made to meld elements of the Babers offense with the Anae offense. Bronco was a defensive guy who was in on Rocky Long’s 3-3-5 early and I think he contributed little to the UVa offense. If you could combine the best elements of these schemes together, it could be amazing.

I would think the first objective is to get some OL and WRs, and maybe a TE on board to address existing weaknesses on the roster. Players in the portal are going to find Syracuse a lot more attractive today than they did yesterday.

And maybe Taj sees that the architects of the nations’ #3 offense are coming to Syracuse and decides to stay? He apparently ran into some problems with academics trying to transfer. My guess is that it would be easier for him to stay eligible if he did not transfer.

First, kudos to John Wildhack for convincing the BOT to spend the money to hire these guys. I am sure we broke all kinds of records for paying assistant coaches here. Don’t think Syracuse has ever hired assistant coaches for football as distinguished as these guys. Awesome. My wildest dreams have come true.

Virginia finished 2nd in passing yards and 3rd in total offense in the country this past season. They have taken an awful Virginia offense and made it the best unit in the conference, and one of the best in the country.

We caught a break with UVA’s unfortunate outbreak of COVID in that we can now tell our recruits who the new OC and QB coaches will be.

It will be interesting to see if they install their offense here or if an attempt is made to meld elements of the Babers offense with the Anae offense. Bronco was a defensive guy who was in on Rocky Long’s 3-3-5 early and I think he contributed little to the UVa offense. If you could combine the best elements of these schemes together, it could be amazing.

I would think the first objective is to get some OL and WRs, and maybe a TE on board to address existing weaknesses on the roster. Players in the portal are going to find Syracuse a lot more attractive today than they did yesterday.

And maybe Taj sees that the architects of the nations’ #3 offense are coming to Syracuse and decides to stay? He apparently ran into some problems with academics trying to transfer. My guess is that it would be easier for him to stay eligible if he did not transfer.
Great job by JW and Dino to land these two. If Dino can focus on being the CEO and White and Anae focus on game planning and calling we have a chance to become good quickly. Next step if it hasnt already happened is to restructure Dino and give him time to let his new staff work their magic.
First Lacrosse and now this. Two home runs by our AD . Cant wait to see whats in store when Jim decides to retire. Im thrilled.

I do wonder if this might entice some offensive portal guys to return, kinda like how the ST coach convinced Bolinsky and Andre to do another year.

Very interested in watching the UVA QBs decision. I know previous he said it was UVA or NFL but that was before we hired both his OC and his QB coach. I think if he isn’t going to the NFL he would at least listen to the sales pitch. Also doesn’t UVA have some good offensive linemen in the portal?

Very interesting to see our WRs with an actual designed route tree I think that will help everyone be on the same page.

Ohana baby!
Sean Solomon Fox GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

I wonder what sort of guarantees or reassurances that Beck and Anae got. You have to think they could have gotten gigs at a lot of places with more long term stability than a 2 year left hc coming off of multiple losing seasons.
I can now promise you that Dino will be here for at least two more years. Given these assistants, I'm totally ok with that.

I wonder what sort of guarantees or reassurances that Beck and Anae got. You have to think they could have gotten gigs at a lot of places with more long term stability than a 2 year left hc coming off of multiple losing seasons.
Turnaround opportunity. Take Syracuse from averaging 125 yards passing a game to 250+ With shrader and you just earned yourself a HC/OC position. (Anae and Beck respectively)

Dino has absolutely killed this off-season already and we still have months of the transfer portal cycle left.

I was going to be optimistic by the time it was August anyways but gd I’m ready to go now
The transformation from the Sunday after the Pitt game has been stunning. There should be no question now that University supports JW's vision for the football program, including being competitive in the ACC. The investments are being made across the board.

Now...Dino has to win

Ehh...I don't know about that. The guys that left at the end of the season, I could see taking some of them back. But guys who quit on their teammates in the middle of the year, those are not guys I would take back.