SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

The responses in this thread are great and should get every Syracuse fan excited.
When have we last worshipped a position coach? Swag Daddy a little….and Lustig after he left…but this is impressive.

Don’t worry, he doesn’t want to be anywhere near this program or university either

His many Instagram stories talking about how much he disliked Syracuse showed that… mainly him complaining about the weather and then him being too excited to move out at the end of the semester

He gone
Pretty weak sauce by Harris. We’ve had very easy winters the last few years he was here.

Yeah, my parents have great stories about the blizzard of '66. People using second story windows to get out of houses and things like that.
In ‘66, I had to go out on the roof to shovel it off. In ‘93 we got a lot of snow in a 24 hour period. 43” as I remember. I needed milk and after digging out my car I called Wegmans to see if they were open. They were, and I asked when they were closing. “Christmas” was the answer.

Last edited:
The blizzard of 66 was far worse than 93. 77 may have been too.

I'm living in the same house, with a detached garage set back from the house. We had to tunnel into it with the one shovel we kept in the house to get the rest of our shovels in '66, (I was 12). In 1993 the snow didn't come up to the bottom of the windowsill on the side of the garage.

Let’s not forget about the hire of a high end ST coach which appears to have landed us Smyzt and a potential punter.
SU needs the best coaches they can afford. Look what Doug accomplished.
Know more than ever with the fluctuations in rosters coaching will make an even bigger impact.

White= Better D
Schmidt = Better OL
No specials coach...

Coaching matters

I'm living in the same house, with a detached garage set back from the house. We had to tunnel into it with the one shovel we kept in the house to get the rest of our shovels in '66, (I was 12). In 1993 the snow didn't come up to the bottom of the windowsill on the side of the garage.
I could touch the top of the street lamps.

Superb work by wildhack. Those who question his intentions are crazy. I believe in him.

I do think the key is Beck. Anae and Dino are in their 60s. I wonder if the plan is to bring in Theo Epstein esque savant and to take over once the other guys ride into sunset in x years. He may see Syracuse a destination for a guy who isn’t grass is greener. We didn’t fire Dino and others took notice is my guess

I’m thinking he could be the anti Tom O’Brien.

FWIW...
This past season a TE from UVa. 6'7" 265 lbs...
44 receptions ...598 yds...8 TDs.
pinch me...I'm dreaming.
Luke Benson and Landon Morris be like:

Damn Damn Damn.jpg

You'll need a least two - "Anae is an offensive genius" and "I can come up with a better offense than Anae." Games will usually fall into one or the other category depending on how impressed/upset you are. There will be some plays that click perfectly and some that make you scratch your head in every game. What varies from one week to another, and affects your viewpoint, is how much of each occurs.
On this board, that means about 11 will be started.

Which will be whittled down to two by merging them, with 6 resulting "Where did my post go????" threads. ;)