SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

1019A350-6B31-4718-AF36-BD079F338C81.gif

Our AD knows what he's doing, go figure...
Agree. This is far better than I would have anticipated. I had expected a young rising coach who had not previously been an OC or a journeyman retread with some baggage. We have hit as close to a home run as SU is going to get.

if Dino can’t make this work going forward, it sure won’t be Wildhack’s fault.

Agree. This is far better than I would have anticipated. I had expected a young rising coach who had not previously been an OC or a journeyman retread with some baggage. We have hit as close to a home run as SU is going to get.

… and some of the potential contract buyout money gets redirected to new coaches.

Look at the bright side. If Dino can’t make this work, there’s an unemployed CEO type head coach who’s familiar with the ACC, would have the OC and QB coach he wants and a DC who runs the 3-3-5 that he wants to use.

And the buyout would cost less.

Look at the bright side. If Dino can’t make this work, there’s an unemployed CEO type head coach who’s familiar with the ACC, would have the OC and QB coach he wants and a DC who runs the 3-3-5 that he wants to use.

Yep, there are all sorts of potential future chess moves that are now available to us if they ever become necessary.

Not sure this was posted elsewhere, feel free to delete if so.

Also, not sure what the crossed fingers thing means... is that a UVA thing?

I've had this thought as well.

I don't know that I've heard such unanimous praise for one coach.

Only one that comes close is upside down Greg Robinson.
I thought Greg did an excellent job here. So it wasn’t unanimous.

Could this have been the result of a "change your staff or I'll change you ultimatum from Wildhack? Maybe Wildhack engineered this and now it will be Dino's challenge to let Anae and Beck run the offense and White the defense while he basically does the radio show?

Last edited:
Could this have bene the result of a "change your staff or I'll change you ultimatum from Wildhack? Maybe Wildhack engineered this and now it will be Dino's challenge to let Anae and Beck run the offense and White the defense while he basically does the radio show?

Nope

Could this have bene the result of a "change your staff or I'll change you ultimatum from Wildhack? Maybe Wildhack engineered this and now it will be Dino's challenge to let Anae and Beck run the offense and White the defense while he basically does the radio show?

It might have been a suggestion, but it was definitely not an ultimatum

It was more of a “Dino what can we do to help you win?” From how I understand it

The blizzard of 66 was far worse than 93. 77 may have been too.
I agree Bees. The 1966 storm was far worse, it lasted for days. I remember it started Friday afternoon and just kept snowing. I didn't drive from noon on Sunday until Tuesday.

Regarding the '93 storm, I have a friend who lived in Palermo in Oswego County. He was a smoker and came home that night with about half a pack of smokes. Palermo got over 100 inches of snow. Instead of rationing his cigarettes he smoked them all then spent several hours tunneling out to his truck to get the butts out of the ashtray. Anybody who has ever smoked can relate to that. Smoking has a very strong hold on you.