SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

Another thing I really like about the potential of Anae and Beck being hired is the presence of the QB coach on the sidelines reviewing replays, formations and providing general guidance "real time " with GS on the sidelines. There were times this season more often than not he would leave the field and there were no calls upstairs with our OC or anything. Having a that QB coach on the sidelines is huge in my opinion .

If your OC and DC are super good with an excellent staff who needs a head coach? These are the two positions that make things happen. Head coach is a ra ra cheerleader, a TEAM coordinator?
Lol. There’s a lot to it, but the big boy programs operate this way yes.

Think CEO.

Me watching Dino, and waiting on the official announcement:

1640016609841.gif

Even a great OC can only scheme so much around a bad offensive line with limited WR weapons.

And with a bad offensive time and limited time to throw, I doubt Tommy would have been successful anyway.
Yep - I was consistent in wanting to see Tommy with at least a mediocre OL and an AET/Ish type WR pairing. Didn’t happen really. He’s flawed - doesn’t mean all pocket QBs are doomed here forever

Agreed on Tommy. I’ve come around to this point - but throwing out all pocket passers seems a bit much.

Dino had TONS of success with strictly pocket passers at his prior stops.

Spare change moves around more in the pocket than the Fat Pirate did, yet that guy put up ridiculous videogame #'s.

A dual-threat is NICE to have, for when plays (inevitably) break down, but not a necessity.
That said - most pocket passers these days can run a bit when needed.

Syracuse: Dino Babers is targeting former Virginia offensive coordinator Robert Anae as the Orange's new offensive coordinator and former UVA quarterbacks coach Jason Beck for the same role, Pete Thamel has shared and we can confirm.

Interesting that the Footballscoop calls Beck the former UVA QB Coach.

Yep - I was consistent in wanting to see Tommy with at least a mediocre OL and an AET/Ish type WR pairing. Didn’t happen really. He’s flawed - doesn’t mean all pocket QBs are doomed here forever
Agree - I think the major challenge here though in consistent success with a pocket passer type QB is having consistent OL's - we have a real challenge with filling in holes when HS prospects don't develop or get DQ'ed due to injury.

Hopeful moving forward with a OL coach like Schmidt that we start getting a lot more proactive about keeping the OL consistent.

Syracuse: Dino Babers is targeting former Virginia offensive coordinator Robert Anae as the Orange's new offensive coordinator and former UVA quarterbacks coach Jason Beck for the same role, Pete Thamel has shared and we can confirm.

Interesting that the Footballscoop calls Beck the former UVA QB Coach.
Could be a typo.

Agree - I think the major challenge here though in consistent success with a pocket passer type QB is having consistent OL's - we have a real challenge with filling in holes when HS prospects don't develop or get DQ'ed due to injury.

Hopeful moving forward with a OL coach like Schmidt that we start getting a lot more proactive about keeping the OL consistent.
Also, Coach Anae being of Samoan decent and a former offensive lineman will help draw more of those polynesian lineman that seem to always be really good.

Where are the flight trackers. Monitoring flights to and from Charlottesville :)
More like they stopped at Bingham's off I-81 and are gaining 10lbs looking at that glorious menu