SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

I’ve been critical of DB but I’m now good with him having at least a couple more years. These have been great hires this year and I expect some portal talent to follow. We could be a very good team over the next few years. So happy my saturdays are no longer free to do whatever I want like I was thinking

Don’t worry, he doesn’t want to be anywhere near this program or university either

His many Instagram stories talking about how much he disliked Syracuse showed that… mainly him complaining about the weather and then him being too excited to move out at the end of the semester

He gone
Considering he couldn’t transfer to Kentucky due to academic issues, he may be gone for any program for a while, at least an FBS program

I’ve been critical of DB but I’m now good with him having at least a couple more years. These have been great hires this year and I expect some portal talent to follow. We could be a very good team over the next few years. So happy my saturdays are no longer free to do whatever I want like I was thinking

Same I am willing to give DB at least two more years I think next year will be a little bit of a learning curve with the offense but due to the track record of the new OC and QB coach I am willing to look past the W/L record for next year if we are install a new offense.

Does Bronco become an extra support coach at SU or ‘Bama? ;)

But that can also be a positive for those who never had much snow growing up
Absolutely. Most people here in Knoxville are amazed when I say I moved to get away from it. If you've never experienced it, it can be a nice change up, at least short term. The thing about being a student is that you don't have to drive 20 miles in it to get to work and most don't have to snowblow their driveways. Those are two of the worst parts. I thought snow was great until I grew up and had to start doing those.

Conversely, I think all the people here are whiners when they complain about the heat and humidity in the summer.

That’s the same report based on the tweet from rittenberg. All SI did was take the tweet and make it an article.

“Syracuse has its offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, according to a report from ESPN's Adam Rittenberg.”
Yes ...and didn't even Rittenberg say "according to sources?" There really is no official word ...just yet

I was told by JW in an email the other day that “he is working day and night with Dino and just has a few loose ends to tie up and they are hoping for an official announcement next week”

This was on Friday when I was asking him about a couple things
You don’t mess around, do you? You go right to the top demanding answers. I like it!

First, kudos to John Wildhack for convincing the BOT to spend the money to hire these guys. I am sure we broke all kinds of records for paying assistant coaches here. Don’t think Syracuse has ever hired assistant coaches for football as distinguished as these guys. Awesome. My wildest dreams have come true.

Virginia finished 2nd in passing yards and 3rd in total offense in the country this past season. They have taken an awful Virginia offense and made it the best unit in the conference, and one of the best in the country.

We caught a break with UVA’s unfortunate outbreak of COVID in that we can now tell our recruits who the new OC and QB coaches will be.

It will be interesting to see if they install their offense here or if an attempt is made to meld elements of the Babers offense with the Anae offense. Bronco was a defensive guy who was in on Rocky Long’s 3-3-5 early and I think he contributed little to the UVa offense. If you could combine the best elements of these schemes together, it could be amazing.

I would think the first objective is to get some OL and WRs, and maybe a TE on board to address existing weaknesses on the roster. Players in the portal are going to find Syracuse a lot more attractive today than they did yesterday.

And maybe Taj sees that the architects of the nations’ #3 offense are coming to Syracuse and decides to stay? He apparently ran into some problems with academics trying to transfer. My guess is that it would be easier for him to stay eligible if he did not transfer.
Yes to everything, but I think Taj needs an attitude adjustment if he stays. He always seemed to be mad or visibly disappointed with Devito. And we still have Tucker and I don't think Taj shares the spotlight well. Just my thoughts. Or maybe lesson already learned. And he does have to be happy with the coaching changes. I'm fine with him staying as long as he stays without any added drama.

Ehh...I don't know about that. The guys that left at the end of the season, I could see taking some of them back. But guys who quit on their teammates in the middle of the year, those are not guys I would take back.
You have to get used to this new normal. Not really on those guys. These are the rules that have been set in play, and they need to get their names out front quickly. More an NCAA over kill decision. They are kids. I'll take any of them back.

I was told by JW in an email the other day that “he is working day and night with Dino and just has a few loose ends to tie up and they are hoping for an official announcement next week”

This was on Friday when I was asking him about a couple things
I assume this will now be a Monday morning announcement now that Virginia is out of a bowl game, and the cat is out of the bag. Otherwise it will be such old news by the time Wildhack announces it. He deserves the honor of making it official while it is still fresh to most (other than all of us who knew about it).

That’s the same report based on the tweet from rittenberg. All SI did was take the tweet and make it an article.

“Syracuse has its offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, according to a report from ESPN's Adam Rittenberg.”
AND the Daily Orange has now run with it, and being an SU related publication, I think they may have had real confirmation from someone? The double secret kind of confirmation? We don't want our student newspaper embarrassed!!

Jaime Beck’s retweets pretty much confirming the inevitable. Their beat writers heaping praise on his “impeccable” skills developing QBs and such.

This is a 180 from the reports we heard after hiring Gilbert…..just sayin’…

Last edited:
Freaking awesome. I predict these two will have a Tony White-esque impact on the offensive side of the ball. Home run.

Now, let's go poach the hell out of UVa recruits / land some of their portal transfers!

So you're saying I can look Forward to the first game thread next Fall? ;)

Jaime Beck’s retweets pretty much confirming the inevitable.

4986108A-7E3A-4418-AD00-F1C2ADA72021.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: