SU Will Miss the BE A Lot More Than the BE Will Miss SU | Syracusefan.com

SU Will Miss the BE A Lot More Than the BE Will Miss SU

Yeah, I'm crying.

Passengers on the Titanic could be heard yelling to the lifeboats "you'll be rowing back later...so why bother getting on?"

a good article...tongue in cheek. Forgot to mention that 'Cuse fills the stands at your home or that 'Cuse is the most recent NC Champ...or that Georgetown doesnt play football or .....in actuallity I will miss games against Georgetown as they are competitive, meaningful, rough and tumble...and Georgetown is a good college...but with all that...the ACC will continue to flourish as the BE wilts.

Wow...they rocked us in the 80's. Bet he and his pals reminisce about that at Joan Jett and Journey concerts.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

This comment should probably be placed in the 'Suggestions' forum. However, if all links to Rivals and Scout are going to be blocked, I think it's appropriate to block all Georgetown fan sites as well. I clicked on your link and my computer barfed.

I look forward to when Georgetown and the rest of the basketball schools become the new Atlantic-10.

Georgetown is going to be Temple in a few years.

Wow...they rocked us in the 80's. Bet he and his Joys "pals" reminisce about that at Joan Jett and Journey concerts.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

6002034545_d64bfe1e81.jpg

That hysterical! Talk about living in the past. So Georgetown got the best of us during the 80's. The article failed to mention that Syracuse has owned them for the 3+ decades since. Syracuse 28 wins vs. 14 for Georgetown!

Dear Casual Hoya,

Patrick Ewing was great but I think he graduated **snicker** about 30 years ago.

First of all SU leads 47-39 alltime in the series. You guys love the ’80s I get it, but how about more recent history?

Since the ‘89-’90 season Syracuse is 26-13 in the series including 3-2 in the BET.

Enjoy the beatdown tomorrow night, you’ve got a full day to get your excuses ready ‘Syracuse players are pros in training, we’re just poor old students… Waaah…!'. Can’t have it both ways boys.

Yeah, we’ll be sorry the rivalry will end when we go to the ACC too, but you guys enjoy playing in the NEW! IMPOROVED! BIG EAST! So jealous that you'll be playing Houston and UCF and we'll have to settle for Duke and UNC.

Very truly yours,

Orange '87

P.S. All your freaking mothers are Hoyas.

I skimmed that article but agree with what everyone else said here. I didn't see one date that wasn't in the 80's. I'm 22 and in my lifetime Syracuse has always dominated Georgetown. I can barely remember them ever beating us in the regular season.

It must bother them to no end that they are going to be stuck in a conference with UCF, USF, Houston, a sliding Memphis and SMU. I see our best days ahead of us, flush with new rivalries, excellent facilities and the money needed to keep our program at a championship contending level. Their program peaked 28 years ago. That has to hurt.

And Georgetown fans need to remember that Colgate used to be a pretty big rival, (and paraphrasing one of my favorite lines ever from a television show in the series finale of Rome) go and look for them now. I'm in the minority, but Georgetown does not deserve to play us. This means more to them than it does to us, and I don't think we should be propping up their program while it begins its inevitable slide to irrelevance.

It must bother them to no end that they are going to be stuck in a conference with UCF, USF, Houston, a sliding Memphis and SMU. I see our best days ahead of us, flush with new rivalries, excellent facilities and the money needed to keep our program at a championship contending level. Their program peaked 28 years ago. That has to hurt.

And Georgetown fans need to remember that Colgate used to be a pretty big rival, (and paraphrasing one of my favorite lines ever from a television show in the series finale of Rome) go and look for them now. I'm in the minority, but Georgetown does not deserve to play us. This means more to them than it does to us, and I don't think we should be propping up their program while it begins its inevitable slide to irrelevance.
In terms of the last 10 years we certainly have a number of other rivalries that have been closer/more intense than GTown; UConn, Nova, Pitt. GTown has nothing, they need us a lot more than we need them. They are grasping at straws saying they "made us". We're about to be a conference with Pitt, UNC, Duke, up and coming teams such as FSU, NC State and UVA. The Big East is dead.

We're Ohio State, Georgetown is Toledo.

Perfectly said and dead on. Its very doubtful that CasualHoya believes what he types. More wishful thinking than anything else. I would bet anything that Georgetown in 15 years is going to look very different than the Gtown of the 80-00s Big East.

We're Ohio State, Georgetown is Toledo.

We're Syracuse and Georgetown is Georgetown. That seems analogous to Ohio State and Toledo.

Wow, is there any bigger compliment to Syracuse than an anti-syraucse article that is forced ignore the last 20 plus years of basketball, plus the fact that we are currently #2 in the country and running away with the Big East?

For an article titled SU will miss the Big East more than the Big East will miss SU they could not think of a single valid point to support their argument other than the fact that Georgetown was better than us in the 80's. Times are good!

I'll miss playing Georgetown, but I wont miss Georgetown, The Big East will soon be the Big Least. In a couple of years UCONN and maybe even Rutgirls will be gone. What they will be left with is a few eastern catholic colleges and the leftovers from leagues who were not good enough to be invited to a real conference. Sure, occasionally they may have a top 15 team, but it will be a league on par with maybe the A-10

30 years ago, John Thompson proclaimed that he was making Georgetown "the UCLA of the East."

Five years from now, they will be scrambling to be the Gonzaga of the East.

From our good friends at Casual Hoya

http://www.casualhoya.com/2012/2/7/2776588/state-of-the-hoyas-georgetown-syracuse[/quote]

A monumentally transparent attempt to deny the anguish they feel at losing the team their fans think is their biggest rival from their schedule.

They are experts at this. They also feel its Maryland's loss for not playing them even though Maryland typically sells out and Georgetown doesn't come close to selling out except when the Verizon Center is half full of opposing fans.

Consider the GU schedule without SU, Pitt and WV. They are taking a huge hit.

So when someone writes that SU needs the Big East more than the Big East needs them, its not close to being credible.

30 years ago, John Thompson proclaimed that he was making Georgetown "the UCLA of the East."

Five years from now, they will be scrambling to be the Gonzaga of the East.

They already are, arent they? ...of course, the only difference is that JB respects Mark Few...

When you haven't been relevant for 25 years you are forced to reminisce. Poor little hoya bastards.

Honestly I hate moving to the goddamn ACC, I really do. I would like to freeze time to when we had 14 teams and 2 of them were really good at football or at least had the potential to be.

I understand why it is happening but I hate it and am starting to hate football by association.

Perfectly said and dead on. Its very doubtful that CasualHoya believes what he types. More wishful thinking than anything else. I would bet anything that Georgetown in 15 years is going to look very different than the Gtown of the 80-00s Big East.
Patriot League, here they come.

Honestly I hate moving to the goddamn ACC, I really do. I would like to freeze time to when we had 14 teams and 2 of them were really good at football or at least had the potential to be.

I understand why it is happening but I hate it and am starting to hate football by association.

I think we would all like to freeze time (2002). I just hope that when you say you "hate" the move to the ACC, you blame the Big East leadership and not SU administrators. SU played the hand they were dealt by the BE. We simply said "no thank you" to the current set-up. IMO, with each and every announcement of new BE members, our move is VALIDATED. Remember, Memphis hired Tranghese because they had applied to the BE countless times and were turned down. And now they will become members. That says a lot about the direction of the conference; they are scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point. See ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom