SU-Wisconsin series cancelled | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU-Wisconsin series cancelled

i really dont get the concern over playing Wisc.. they will be no better than they are now.. just a solid team with very little upside.. i expected that if we were what we hope to be by 2020 it would be a very winnable game.

i really dont get the concern over playing Wisc.. they will be no better than they are now.. just a solid team with very little upside.. i expected that if we were what we hope to be by 2020 it would be a very winnable game.

You are massively optimistic. We are going to play teams in the alumni / CNY refugee footprint. I guess plan B would be the Kansas types.

I'm going to guess (and hope) that there were some back channel conversations with one or more schools agreeable to scheduling with us before this was announced so that we had some OK options for the OOC P5 game we'll need.

YES!! YES!! YES!!! I love it. Now go schedule a bottom feeding P5 team baby! Rutgers and Kansas we may be calling!!

This is a GLORIOUS day for SU Football

They are a Top 10 team every year. They probably will be in the playoff this year. They are a College Football Powerhouse that is many levels ahead of SU football. We aren't even close to being there level. Wisconsin is closer to Alabama than they are SU.

Last edited:
For P5: Rutgers would be my first choice. Army IIRC counts too as a P5. More Army would be good too.

Outside the local area: Maryland, WVU, Vandy all make some sense.
I will take Maryland. No to WVU and Vandy.

If Army counts sign them to a 10 year deal.

Was pretty excited to head out there for the game, but this is the right decision for our program right now, as long as we make the right move on the replacement opponent ...

WVU is good but not great...plus a historic rival.

Vandy is a private school, winnable and a cool town to visit.

Army is a nobrainer for us to go from 4 to 6 games scheduled in the next 10 seasons

Army is a no-brainer I totally agree.

The "cool town to visit" should have no say in who we schedule at all. Like it should mean zero. WVU being a historic rival should also play no factor. It's the dawning of a new day of SU football. We schedule to win, not to have nice "make a wish foundation type trips" for rich boosters to travel to nice towns opponents play in so they have a good vacation for a weekend in the fall. Don't care if we have to travel to some dump of a city to play a weak P5 school, schedule them. And the historic rival thing shouldn't also play a factor, can't live in the past we have to live in the now and the future!

Nope...we play FSU, Clemson every year.

If we get good...opportunities will come to schedule up on pretty short notice.

The hottest fire makes the strongest steal.

The hottest fire makes the strongest steal.

That's fine, but if you don't acquire the wins necessary to recruit at a high level and make a bowl game year in and year out early in the tenure, you run the risk of becoming Rutgers. I think by 2020 we'll be much better than that and the Wisconsin games would make more sense but if you're being cautious, you want to make sure you extend seasons and have more practices to develop youth.

What? They are a top 10 team every freaking year and we have been unranked for 16 years straight! Please

Exactly.

NO win whatsoever in this matchup...other than the fun of watching two Under Armour teams go at each other. ;)

I’d be thrilled to trade this Wisky series (hell, throw in an NCAA tourney appearance in hoops) to make it to UA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom