Super Bowl LIV Game | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LIV Game

and both sideline reporters are useless - why in the hell are we hearing from Andy Reid's wife?

I hate those fluff sideline reports. If you have legitimate news on injuries or something going on the sidelines or field, fine. But those pre-produced sideline segments are a total waste of time.

Just didn’t understand why SF got the ball back up three with 6 minutes left then ran for 6 on 1st down, and threw on second and third. You don’t go into a shell completely of course, but if you get plus yards running on 1st, keep going until they stop it. At worst they could have burned more of the clock or KC TOs.
And has nothing to do with the fact I had SF 0; KC 7 in Nuzzi’s pool!

I hate those fluff sideline reports. If you have legitimate news on injuries or something going on the sidelines or field, fine. But those pre-produced sideline segments are a total waste of time.
OT- but you would know do the Chiefs and Royals share parking lots?
I was looking at the Royals 2020 schedule and they are home when opening week for football so the Chiefs could lose the Thursday night opener unless the Royals play a doubleheader if they share parking lots.
This happened to the Ravens after SB 47.

both plays were PI, but one the refs called correctly and the other they missed and the replay judge was chicken to make the correct call, that if it happened in the first quarter they probably do call.

I was looking at the Royals 2020 schedule and they are home when opening week for football so the Chiefs could lose the Thursday night opener unless the Royals play a doubleheader if they share parking lots.
Yes, they share parking lots

Just didn’t understand why SF got the ball back up three with 6 minutes left then ran for 6 on 1st down, and threw on second and third. You don’t go into a shell completely of course, but if you get plus yards running on 1st, keep going until they stop it. At worst they could have burned more of the clock or KC TOs.
And has nothing to do with the fact I had SF 0; KC 7 in Nuzzi’s pool!

I think on that 2nd and 5 the Chiefs stacked the box with 8 guys and dared the 49ers to beat them with the pass. Wasn't a bad playcall, just poor execution

They have different parking lots but the stadiums are right next to each other in what is called the Truman Sports Complex. You use the same entrance to get into the entire complex so it would be a logistical nightmare to try to have the Royals and Chiefs ever play at home on the same day.

1580758249730.jpeg

So when a QB consistently is getting balls batted down at the LOS it’s not on them at all?
Okay.
I guess Tom Brady should blame his OL for the strip sack in the SB against the Eagles.

usually means receivers are getting stared down. amirite?

They have different parking lots but the stadiums are right next to each other in what is called the Truman Sports Complex. You use the same entrance to get into the entire complex so it would be a logistical nightmare to try to have the Royals and Chiefs ever play at home on the same day.

View attachment 176239
That is why the Chiefs have played on the road the first 2 weeks the last 2 years I now realize.
Royals should play DH either the day before or after for the Chiefs fans. It would be the smart thing to do. It's doubtful the Royals owner is as big a dbag as the Orioles owner who wouldn't do that for the Ravens.

Royals have a home game with the A's on September 10th. They better work on that now for the Chiefs fans.

I hate blaming the refs but that OPI on Kittle right before halftime changed the game

Speaking of pass interference, another game-changer was Trevarious Moore on Chief TE Kelce in the end zone on 3rd & 10 from the 21 and the score 20-10. If Chiefs settle for a field goal there, game is different and I like SF chances to hang on. My question is, does that have to be a pass interference call?

Yeah, yeah...Moore didn't turn to make a play on the ball...easy flag...I get it. But the way I look at that play, the ball is slightly underthrown, Moore clearly has position, and essentially jumped straight in the air initiating very little contact. Kelce was trying to reach around him for the ball. Mahomes did not throw a great ball and Kelce did not have great position for it. But the Chiefs are rewarded because Moore did not turn his head.

I looked up the NFL's official rule on pass interference (Section 5, Article 2) and was honestly not sure the exact provision which Moore's action violated. Can someone offer me an interpretation based on that?

Funny thing the tigers have drafted more sb QBs(mahomes) than the lions have.
I actually just posted that same information in the Superbowl QBs thread.

That is why the Chiefs have played on the road the first 2 weeks the last 2 years I now realize.
Royals should play DH either the day before or after for the Chiefs fans. It would be the smart thing to do. It's doubtful the Royals owner is as big a dbag as the Orioles owner who wouldn't do that for the Ravens.

Royals have a home game with the A's on September 10th. They better work on that now for the Chiefs fans.

The Royals now have a new owner John Sherman since David Glass sold the team and passed away. There's nothing to really judge him on yet so it will be interesting to see how he handles it, but I'm guessing he will play nice as much as he possibly can.

he stopped the WR from coming back to the ball. doesnt even have to really be contact

he stopped the WR from coming back to the ball. doesnt even have to really be contact
Nah......This is apparently not considered DPI either
781e52d74e9c76f815f2f83facba8cbc.gif

Don't even get me started on the fact that Dez deserved a 15 yarder for running onto the field with no helmet to argue the call before the refs picked up the flag.

williams running controlled the game his 2 TDS won the game. 100 yds rushing against a solid D. Mahomes was all over.

Could not agree more. This was a great 49er defense and they could never bring Williams down on initial contact. He slipped or broke away and got much of those 100+ yards on his own, including the game-clinching TD. He also made an athletic play to break the plane on his receiving TD.

Mahomes led the first two 4th Quarter scoring drives and had one big pass play on each. Otherwise, he was pretty ordinary. His 78 rating is the lowest ever for a QB who won MVP in a Super Bowl. That says a lot. This year, the voters defaulted that honor to the star player -- plain and simple.

Last edited:
but thats the cowboys.. special rules
Nah nah nah...Lions...special rules.

There was of course the picked up PI vs Dallas that would have sealed our 2nd playoff victory in 60 years.

But don't forget:

The Calvin Johnson Rule

Seattle Batted Ball of Back of Endzone

The Entire 2019 1st Green Bay game

I have plenty.....

Something tells me that this halftime show will fall somewhat short of the 100 million YouTube views that Shakira and JLo have recorded.

Until they rip off those dresses and begin pole dancing. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom