Dylan Ennis to Oregon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dylan Ennis to Oregon

If it is a choice between Tb and Ennis, it's TB every day of the week and twice on Sunday. A Mickey Dees big vs a guy that won't start at Nova? I think he wants to start or he would stay at Nova where he knows he will at least play coming off the bench. If he was willing to be a reserve and play whenever, sure. But I don't think that is the case.

Take him, for sure, if he wants to come. I don't think you hesitate.

Agreed. If he is a one-year situation, then there is literally no downside. I wish he were more of a natural point guard, but he is a double figure scorer who played on a team that was top 10 all year. Starter, streaky shooter, tough defender, physical kid, etc.

I am a huge proponent of Kaleb Joseph, but I don't think that you hesitate to bring this kind of transfer in if he wanted to come here. Let the chips fall where they may in terms of PT.

Agreed. If he is a one-year situation, then there is literally no downside. I wish he were more of a natural point guard, but he is a double figure scorer who played on a team that was top 10 all year. Starter, streaky shooter, tough defender, physical kid, etc.

I am a huge proponent of Kaleb Joseph, but I don't think that you hesitate to bring this kind of transfer in if he wanted to come here. Let the chips fall where they may in terms of PT.
Agreed. We saw what happens when you gamble with limited point guard depth this year. A guy like Ennis would be fantastic to add for that exact reason. Plus, he shot 36% from three last year. I'm not going to turn that away.

Agreed. We saw what happens when you gamble with limited point guard depth this year. A guy like Ennis would be fantastic to add for that exact reason. Plus, he shot 36% from three last year. I'm not going to turn that away.

Not to mention, I'm not that concerned about Ennis not being a "pure" point guard, as we'll also have Gbinije [and Joseph] out there to help orchestrate. We wouldn't need Ennis to be Sherman Douglas.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Don&#39;t even ask SU fans RT <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNDanaOneil">@ESPNDanaOneil</a>: Villanova&#39;s Dylan Ennis will finish his eligibility elsewhere. Leaving Villanova per school</p>&mdash; Mike Waters (@MikeWatersSYR) <a href="">April 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just not sure I understand the logic behind anyone who watched SU play this year, who would then say no to a guy who played major minutes for a #1 seed. Howard wasn't a PG in HS- do we not think he's going to need time to develop?

I just posted the same thing. I would take Ennis over Bryant next year. We need PG options. This kid can be a good rotation/role player. I don't think the Ennis family had a bad experience in Syracuse. If we don't have scholarship restrictions next year we should pursue this kid.
I'd take D Ennis in a heartbeat. But center is a HUGE concern. Are you really comfortable with Diagne holding down the position? I don't see how anyone can count on DC2. How his knee holds up (track record not good) and what his lateral movement and skills will be like after 2 surgeries are highly questionable.

Just not sure I understand the logic behind anyone who watched SU play this year, who would then say no to a guy who played major minutes for a #1 seed. Howard wasn't a PG in HS- do we not think he's going to need time to develop?

Because putting together a winning team is not about collecting as many disjointed pieces as you can. We already have a lot of pieces that don't fit all that well together, why add another?

The kid isn't transferring from Villanova because he wants to be a role player that gets 15-20 minutes per game because he could do that at least that at Nova. So knowing who we have and how JB uses his bench where do you see Dylan Ennis fitting in with the collection of players who are already here or committed here.

In the end there are only two guard positions and 80 minutes to allocate. We already have Cooney and G who will eat major minutes at the guard positions. We also have a McDonald's All American in Richardson who I would hope would get significant minutes. On top of that we have a returning sophomore point guard in Kaleb Joseph and a frosh who people have said has been recruited to play at the point (whether you believe that or not is another question I suppose). Bring in Tyler Ennis and neither of those guys Joseph or Howard sees any minutes. If that happens you are going all in on signing Battle, because the chances that Joseph will stick around or that Howard will be prepared to play the point in his absence in 2016-17 would not be great in my view.

And with respect to redshirting Howard. The program doesn't unilaterally make that decision, the kid has to be on board with it. Look no further than BJ for the evidence of that.

I keep wondering what will happen to Joseph's already fragile confidence if we do go get Ennis. I don't know if he recovers from that.

According to the Philly Daily News, he's transferring because he wants to play a pure PG position. 'Nova's system does not offer that.

So, I wouldn't worry about his shooting. The question is: Do we need a true PG as opposed to an MCW combo guy?

Yes exactly, but it appears a longshot, if it's even possible.

With only 10 scholarship players that include 4 frosh and a kid in Chino that probably won't contribute much, if at all, ANYBODY that can play would be a great add. Throw in his scoring ability and ball handling, and he'd be a great fit.

With loss of McCullough, we are down to our two returning forwards from last year (Roberson/Gbinije) , and Gbinije is used equally at guard. That leaves two unproven incoming frosh to play back up minutes at Center and forward. Coleman will be fine as a starter, IF he is healthy. If not we are in trouble. Obokoh seems like a project to me that can't be counted on.

Can anyone with an inside connection speculate if the staff would have interest in Dylan Ennis for 1 year? He could help at PG and wouldn't upset the numbers for the next year. His family certainly knows the staff.

Duke is a team to watch for Dylan Ennis.

Duke needs him. They could have as little as 5 scholarship players next year if I did my math right.

Kinda what I was thinking. I'd take Dylan as a walk on if Tyler wants to pay his tuition. But take him over Bryant? No way. Of course I am doubting we get Bryant now.

If we can get Bryant, I don't now why we wouldn't be able to get Ennis.

Of course, I think we aren't allowed to get either unless we strike gold with this appeal.

If we can get Bryant, I don't now why we wouldn't be able to get Ennis.

Of course, I think we aren't allowed to get either unless we strike gold with this appeal.
The appeal won't be decided until August. Bryant will sign next week.

Here's the question that needs to be asked:
Why did this kid leave Nova? He's an average guard who played 28 minutes a game for a #1 seed, and they got upset in part because of his play.
Fishy fishy fishy.

Here's the question that needs to be asked:
Why did this kid leave Nova? He's an average guard who played 28 minutes a game for a #1 seed, and they got upset in part because of his play.
Fishy fishy fishy.

my initial guess is that he is going to Duke. and that it has been planned for a while.

They won't be able to field a team next year with the amount of players that they have coming back.

If there is room at the inn of course we should take him. He averaged 9.9 ppg for a number 1 seed and shot 36% from 3. Having another shooter this year could have drastically helped Cooney and Christmas. Only Gbinije shot better from 3 and even though he was a little hesitant shooting he had a lot better looks than Cooney being the second shooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom