Sure | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
JImmy's at 58%

Torrence has bad FT numbers too. (38.5) Should we bench him?

Williams is shooting 10% from 3 and FG% is 37%. Boeheim has seen enough.

I'd rather play Torrence and shift Buddy to forward and give him and the centers the PT when guys sit.

So Joe shoots FT at 90%, does that make him an All American ?

Yeah, it is fair to say Bennie has not fulfilled the pre-season hype, but it is the coach's job, to coach him up to contribute with the things he can do, and that has sorely been lacking.

More importantly, I am beyond disgusted with the Coach throwing players under the bus while simultaneously never even criticizing his select golden lambs, especially the ones with blood ties. Nepotism at its worst.
What you think he just ignores Benny in practice? Obviously the kid just doesn’t get it, JB is by him all game and he still just doesn’t understand the defense and doesn’t realize he’s not a 3 point shooter. I get it, the grass is always greener, but Benny is a net zero on this team until he learns how to not get lost on defense.

I think his age is showing in is behavior. It's not a knock, see it happening with my mom. 77 going on 78. It's not going to get better. He is past his point of being able to do his job as needed. This is why I think behind the scenes JW and university will nicely push him into retirement.
So not saying I completely disagree, it absolutely could be getting worse, just saying hes thrown players under the bus during pressers and interviews for a very long time. A certain Uconn blog site that I refuse to link to actually made a half butted list recording it that goes back a good chunk of time. Winning helped gloss over it. Drowning in mediocracy and now losing is just making it harder and harder to gloss over as one of his "quirks".

We could really use some of the players right now that hes driving away.

Edit: heres one I'll link to, it's from 8 years ago

So not saying I completely disagree, it absolutely could be getting worse, just saying hes thrown players under the bus during pressers and interviews for a very long time. A certain Uconn blog site that I refuse to link to actually made a half butted list recording it that goes back a good chunk of time. Winning helped gloss over it. Drowning in mediocracy and now losing is just making it harder and harder to gloss over as one of his "quirks".

We could really use some of the players right now that hes driving away.
Going all the way back to his comment. On Conrad, a dead man could get more rebounds. Always felt that was stupid on Jim's part.

What you think he just ignores Benny in practice? Obviously the kid just doesn’t get it, JB is by him all game and he still just doesn’t understand the defense and doesn’t realize he’s not a 3 point shooter. I get it, the grass is always greener, but Benny is a net zero on this team until he learns how to not get lost on defense.
Team defensive efficiency.

1642448727912.png

There was a QB who left the Iowa football program this offseason, because the head coach [Kirk Ferenz] made a joke about him not being ready to play in a press conference. Then afterwards, the family said that they couldn't abide their kid staying, even though they understood Ferenz was trying to make a joke about the situation.

This in on a whole different level.

Seriously it shows you how little he cares about what he says and how it reflects into anyone else in the program
I’ll say this again, he’s the only coach in america that does not talk to his asst coaches during theha game. How is that possible?! It’s absurd at this level and honestly these coaches like Red are so above this crap
In case you don't already know I'll let you in on a secret. Jim is very insecure always has been and always will. He deals with this by becoming aggressive. He doesn't like being questioned about anything. Heck he made his family take back a Christmas present a few years ago because he didn't want to learn how to use a new phone. The guy can coach with the best of them, but he is a complicated and often caustic individual. Bottom line is he isn't going to change and unless JW takes control which i do think he will do Jim is going to be Jim

Most of those words also apply to Jimmy most of the time and Cole at times.

Team defensive efficiency.

View attachment 212919
This is such a old and tired argument, if a team is bad on defense, that doesn’t just magically mean the guys on the bench are better. If he’s not playing, it’s because he actively makes the team worse on defense which we have plenty of evidence of. The difference between fickle fans on this site and Benny Williams is that Benny realizes he’s not ready, which he why he says as much, while fans are still busy asking for mookie Jones to come in and save the 2012 team.

This is such a old and tired argument, if a team is bad on defense, that doesn’t just magically mean the guys on the bench are better. If he’s not playing, it’s because he actively makes the team worse on defense which we have plenty of evidence of. The difference between fickle fans on this site and Benny Williams is that Benny realizes he’s not ready, which he why he says as much, while fans are still busy asking for mookie Jones to come in and save the 2012 team.
Lmao

So Benny makes an extremely mature comment about keeping his head down and seeing things through at Syracuse, he gets his a** super-glued to the bench for the next two games, and then JB flays him in the press for absolutely no reason. Awesome.

Torrence has bad FT numbers too. (38.5) Should we bench him?

Williams is shooting 10% from 3 and FG% is 37%. Boeheim has seen enough.

I'd rather play Torrence and shift Buddy to forward and give him and the centers the PT when guys sit.
Seen enough? Benny had 40 total shots on the year….if 40 shots is all you get before you hit the pile then we might as well stop recruiting

A lot of coaches lose their fastball at the end and just don't have teams that perform at as high a level.

But not all of them make a clown out of themselves. JB's really going for something special here to close the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom