Sure | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a roommate who hated breaking up with girlfriends. Didn't have the nads to do it. So he just became a pr!ck to them all the time, trying to force their hand.

I think maybe we're seeing a similar situation.
Well, if JB takes the national championship trophy tied to the back of his car on a few spins through the lots at Manley, I think we'll know something.

It’s truly amazing how Boeheim can’t just shut up in the press.
Saying what he does, doesn’t help the team and if a coach or somebody ripped the lack of athleticism on our team or said boy Syracuse plays ole defense he would go nuts.

I don't understand why this program recruits players out of high school. There are so many very high quality guys who enter the portal and they are a much more known quantity. Get an old NBA coach for the next coach and go all portal. Larranaga is having good success at Miami doing that and Syracuse could get higher level guys than Miami.

Last edited:
JB is a hard ass and has always been so. It is not exactly a secret, so get over it. If you assume that he is easy on his kids, you would probably be wrong. Did you know that he consulted with others to help decide if Jimmy is good enough for Syracuse? Did you also know that it has always been his philosophy that players improve during scrimages and do nof need PT for the sake of learning. Furthermore, Williams shot is a disaster. No coach would play him over Jimmy. This thread is disappointing. Did you posters also know that JB also compared Williams to a player that showed remarkable improvement? I am as disappointed as anyone by the possibility of a losing season and I go back a long ways. Our roster has limitations, and we lost too many recruiting battles. ACC kids do not line up to go to Cuse the way BE kids used to. We are in a difficult position when it comes to recruiting.

JB is a hard ass and has always been so. It is not exactly a secret, so get over it. If you assume that he is easy on his kids, you would probably be wrong. Did you know that he consulted with others to help decide if Jimmy is good enough for Syracuse? Did you also know that it has always been his philosophy that players improve during scrimages and do nof need PT for the sake of learning. Furthermore, Williams shot is a disaster. No coach would play him over Jimmy. This thread is disappointing. Did you posters also know that JB also compared Williams to a player that showed remarkable improvement? I am as disappointed as anyone by the possibility of a losing season and I go back a long ways. Our roster has limitations, and we lost too many recruiting battles. ACC kids do not line up to go to Cuse the way BE kids used to. We are in a difficult position when it comes to recruiting.
If we are in a difficult position recruiting, maybe chasing away players isn’t a smart thing to do, no?

At some point he can’t be allowed to go out on “his terms” this is getting ridiculous and JW has to step in at some point. How do our current recruits see this year after year and think that isn’t going to happen to me. He will change next year for sure.
That’s not how it works. Either you go out on your terms or you don’t. If he’s earned it, it can’t be taken away.

That’s not how it works. Either you go out on your terms or you don’t. If he’s earned it, it can’t be taken away.
Depends what "his terms" means.

We literally play over half our games in old BE arenas and you still blame the ACC move.

Maybe we should have never left Manley for the Dome either.

The solution is simple. Have Julie attend the press with JB. She will cut him off before he says something bad.

Williams got his chance. Hes at 13.2 mins per night on the year that is a lot for a reserve.

He hasn't played well.

I get that rooting for Benny to improve is a feel good storyline fans are demanding the rest of the way but JB desperately wants to stay above .500 and he thinks his best shot is to do it without him.

If you want to roast JB for not having ANY other options I am with you.
Yeah, he has to earn his playing time. That doesn’t mean JB should give up on him. He’s a 5-star prospect.

Two questions if you support JB here.

1- Why? And you don't get the because he is JB. What is the logical benefit of these comments?

2- How does this benefit the program and our future?

Yeah, he has to earn his playing time. That doesn’t mean JB should give up on him. He’s a 5-star prospect.
Do you feel that Boeheim is giving up on BW, or he is using blunt psychology because he thinks BW will meet that challenge?

And what exactly has Jimmy done to earn more minutes than he ever got on dog chit Ivy League teams besides score a bunch points on a million shots while he plays zero defense and misses free throws?
Junior is better than Williams…today. Williams will probably become the better player in the long run…as soon as next year.

I want to see Williams improve and I want to see him on the Syracuse roster. There’s no reason to pretend he’s a better option than Junior right now. Or Swider for that matter. He has more potential, that’s all.

Junior is better than Williams…today. Williams will probably become the better player in the long run…as soon as next year.

I want to see Williams improve and I want to see him on the Syracuse roster. There’s no reason to pretend he’s a better option than Junior right now. Or Swider for that matter. He has more potential, that’s all.

You go with the better guy now over potential when it gets you results. When results and the post season are out of reach, you work to start trying to mold that potential for future results.

Did you know that we were called “The UNLV of the East”?

Yeah, why should we bother listening to what the kid says when we can speculate wildly?
I believe every word Williams said. I also believe he’ll change his mind if he feels like JB doesn’t want him to come back.

Remember, Melo wanted to return for his sophomore season. JB convinced him otherwise.

I mean, if you want to sugar coat it, you can argue that JB isn’t up to coaching Williams to his potential and recognizes he’ll thrive elsewhere, and unfortunately this is how he chooses to handle it.

I believe every word Williams said. I also believe he’ll change his mind if he feels like JB doesn’t want him to come back.

Remember, Melo wanted to return for his sophomore season. JB convinced him otherwise.

I mean, if you want to sugar coat it, you can argue that JB isn’t up to coaching Williams to his potential and recognizes he’ll thrive elsewhere, and unfortunately this is how he chooses to handle it.
I honestly think he gets annoyed that he still has to answer questions. The problem is that is a big part of the gig.

I never said that Benny is better than Jimmy. I’m not pretending that Benny is better than Jimmy or Swider.

Neither of them are so much better than Benny that they should be playing 35+ minutes while Benny watches the entire game with the coaches. Especially on JB’s worst team ever that plays zeroes defense and doesn’t start even an average athlete 1-4. Sweet strawman, though.

He made one mistake the game before last, and then didn't see the floor for a second in the last game. How exactly can he earn his time?

And I think it's very clear that JB has given up on him.

Do you feel that Boeheim is giving up on BW, or he is using blunt psychology because he thinks BW will meet that challenge?
It sounds like the former. I guess we’ll know for sure if he’s still on the team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom