Sure | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you noticed, JB continually walked down to speak with Benny, but hey it’s easier to notice a coach talking to a starter right?
Actually, I didn't see that. I also didn't see him saying much to his son sitting next to him either.

Maybe. He’s directly responsible for five of our losses so far (Colgate, Georgetown, UVA, Miami, Wake), though. His in-game decisions cost us those games. (Yes, even with some questionable officiating.) Has that ever happened before? Five losses in a season? I know others will say yes, but I won’t. And the season isn’t even over yet.
I initially thought you were talking about Benny and nearly lost my mind. Then I slowed my roll and reread.

I agree. I think he's letting subconscious bias get in his own way.

Another public shaming from JB…does the University see this is happening time and time again?

Sure. I totally believe JB will allow him to earn time in practice. Over his own son...
That’s another matter. I’m just providing the answer to your question.

I initially thought you were talking about Benny and nearly lost my mind. Then I slowed my roll and reread.

I agree. I think he's letting subconscious bias get in his own way.
Worth it.

That’s another matter. I’m just providing the answer to your question.
Feels like you are admitting there are few options for Benny to regain any playing time without some drastic measures. And not by Benny.

Feels like you are admitting there are few options for Benny to regain any playing time without some drastic measures. And not by Benny.
No, I mean it. If he’s going to earn PT, it will have to be during practice. Not a game. Not a game.

Junior played 29 minutes against FSU. Granted, those minutes went to Torrence. It still shows that JB will sit one of his sons under the right circumstances. (I think if he could do it over again, he would play Anselem during that last possession of regulation against Wake.)

No, I mean it. If he’s going to earn PT, it will have to be during practice. Not a game. Not a game.

Junior played 29 minutes against FSU. Granted, those minutes went to Torrence. It still shows that JB will sit one of his sons under the right circumstances. (I think if he could do it over again, he would play Anselem during that last possession of regulation against Wake.)
I hope you're right. But I feel like Benny's only actual chance is to play a game. He's been rebounding pretty well lately. Numbers might not show it, but when the ball is in his area, he's getting the board. And he can't be any further out of place than Jimmy is. He's awful in the zone, regardless if it's 3,4, or 5.

I’ve played quite a bit of golf with JB and the asst coaches during my time. Always thinks he gets bad breaks on the course that only happens to him. Doesn’t think any golf course is really spectacular (Augusta included). The asst coaches had to teach him how to text because he didn’t want to so I know exactly what you’re talking about. Unfortunately there’s so much I know that I can’t share
All true. Jims complicated at best. Hop was able to manage him. Gmac kisses his arse and Red is too nice of a guy and too loyal. Griff doesn't stand a chance although he is probably the one out of the assistants that has the balls to stand up.

Bol does not play either despite reports he is decent in practice. JB also puts all the subs in at the same time instead of rotating through the the game. Not optimistic for the future.
Hamilton put 5 subs in at once Saturday.

My 2 cents…

Anyone remember last year when Edwards couldnt get any time off the bench. Guy would get 30 seconds here and 20 seconds there? Not including the Miami game, he averaged 2.7 mpg in the first 9 out of 10 games. He Only played 23 minutes against Miami because of foul trouble. He played awesome, the defense and zone was completely different when he finally got some time and settled down. He was able to settle down because we had no one else that could get him due to foul trouble. Next three games he gets 1, 2 and 2 minutes. Then the same thing happend in the fourth game against GT. He had to play again extended minutes because of foul trouble.

News break, Edwards did not play more because he got better in practice. He played more because of necesity and he FINALLY got a shot!!!! He finally got a shot to play through his nerves and not look over his shoulder for the quick hook. He finally felt calm and the game settled down for him. It had nothing to do with better ”practice” habits. Edwards is now our most complete player and had he not played last year due to necessity, chances are 1- he transfers because he doesn’t get playing time the rest of the year and 2- we don’t make the tournament and make a run in the tournament.

Last edited:
Here's what really doesn't make sense. Benny was getting frosh Fab, Christmas token minutes that were somewhat bringing along his development. Why the sudden drop-off considering Benny was actually playing better in recent games?

My 2 cents…

Anyone remember last year when Edwards couldnt get any time off the bench. Guy would get 30 seconds here and 20 seconds there? Not including the Miami game, he averaged 2.7 mpg in the first 9 out of 10 games. He Only played 23 minutes against Miami because of foul trouble. He played awesome, the defense and zone was completely different when he finally got some time and settled down. He was able to settle down because we had no one else that could get him due to foul trouble. Next three games he gets 1, 2 and 2 minutes. Then the same thing happend in the fourth game against GT. He had to play again extended minutes because of foul trouble.

News break, Edwards did not play more because he got better in practice. He played more because of necesity and he FINALLY got a shot!!!! He finally got a shot to play through his nerves and not look over his shoulder for the quick hook. He finally felt calm and the game settled down for him. It had nothing to do with better ”practice” habits. Edwards is now our most complete player and had he not played last year due to necessity, chances are 1- he transfers because he doesn’t get playing time the rest of the year and 2- we don’t make the tournament and make a run in the tournament.
He played 7 minutes against WVU.

Here's what really doesn't make sense. Benny was getting frosh Fab, Christmas token minutes that were somewhat bringing along his development. Why the sudden drop-off considering Benny was actually playing better in recent games?
Close games against tougher competition.

Close games against tougher competition.
The data doesn't support your comment:

Wake- 24min
Miami- 9min
Virginia- 12min
IU- 19min
Auburn- 21min
VCU- 17min
Colgate- 22min

His minutes were low back to back vs FSU and Nova. Otherwise, he's gotten decent run all season until the last two games.

The data doesn't support your comment:

Wake- 24min
Miami- 9min
Virginia- 12min
IU- 19min
Auburn- 21min
VCU- 17min
Colgate- 22min

His minutes were low back to back vs FSU and Nova. Otherwise, he's gotten decent run all season until the last two games.
He wasn’t really playing better either.

Fine him for what? I'm not sure what you can fine him for.
It’s a private institution. They can fine him for wearing the wrong tie.

(And they had plenty of opportunities back in the 80s.)

Because Jim is reacting to criticism his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom