Sure | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they didn’t have that streak, and syracuse does. You can qualify the results all you want, difference is one team has it and all the other blue bloods don’t. Keep being mad about it though.
The streak doesn’t exist offiically. It’s only within our fanbase.

The wins were vacated. 2011-2012 season wins were vacated. Thus in the record books our winning season streak doesn’t exist.

I would rather have another NC than have no losing seasons.
With nonconference games being able to scheduled its not hard to continue that streak.

Winning NCs and being top 10 is more impressive.

But they didn’t have that streak, and syracuse does. You can qualify the results all you want, difference is one team has it and all the other blue bloods don’t. Keep being mad about it though.
I'm sure they are quite disappointed they don't have that participation award of no losing seasons to display next to their multitude of conference and national championships. Yeah, sorry, no losing seasons is great. But it also comes with a lot of snickers about our cupcake scheduling that happened for years and years.

Regular season they were 11-11, when was the last time syracuse entered the post season .500? I’ll wait.
I’ll wait until you tell me when we have as many championships as Duke does. Just stop it, whatever this arguement is that you are making holds no water.

I'm sure they are quite disappointed they don't have that participation award of no losing seasons to display next to their multitude of conference and national championships. Yeah, sorry, no losing seasons is great. But it also comes with a lot of snickers about our cupcake scheduling that happened for years and years.

Yeah if you were to tell a Duke, Kansas or UK fan about the streak the response is more likely than not to be something like “well yeah, look who they play!”

Yeah if you were to tell a Duke, Kansas or UK fan about the streak the response is more likely than not to be something like “well yeah, look who they play!”
"Don't leave NY in the preseason"

And they weren't wrong most years.

Snickering from anti-JB people, everyone else realizes just about every team schedules 6-8 guaranteed wins a year at least. This is such a tired argument and is disproven by non-conference schedule ranking every year. I’ll never understand the loathe people have for a coach that has made this program relevant, all of this twisting and qualification of achievements in an effort to make a coach seem like he somehow cheated his way to success. Are you jealous? Are you trolling? There are valid arguments against JB, but this scheduling b.s. is not one of them.
I’ll wait until you tell me when we have as many championships as Duke does. Just stop it, whatever this arguement is that you are making holds no water.
My argument is that syracuse hasn’t had a losing season in over 46 years, I don’t think you could find a more airtight argument. I don’t think a drop of water would fall out of that argument.

Torrence has bad FT numbers too. (38.5) Should we bench him?

Williams is shooting 10% from 3 and FG% is 37%. Boeheim has seen enough.

I'd rather play Torrence and shift Buddy to forward and give him and the centers the PT when guys sit.
You took the opposite of my intended point. Bennie shooting 50% FT is not a reason for him not to play. JB is 58%.

Unpopular opinion: no one cares about the streak outside of Syracuse.
If and when it does get broken, it will be in the headlines. Now I'm not saying ESPN will break into regular programming with a news bulletin, but it's a bigger deal than some think.

If and when it does get broken, it will be in the headlines. Now I'm not saying ESPN will break into regular programming with a news bulletin, but it's a bigger deal than some think.

Probably because of all those cuse alums amirite

Seriously it’ll be an ESPN story for sure. Unfortunately we’re not gonna have to wait long to find out how big of one.

Nationally, no one pays attention to Syracuse until the end of Feb when it’s bubble season and then the March runs put a bandaid on everything.
I wore a block S white cuse shirt while I was in San Francisco in 2016, not one person mentioned Syracuse but had a few people ask me about Stanford football.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Snickering from anti-JB people, everyone else realizes just about every team schedules 6-8 guaranteed wins a year at least. This is such a tired argument and is disproven by non-conference schedule ranking every year. I’ll never understand the loathe people have for a coach that has made this program relevant, all of this twisting and qualification of achievements in an effort to make a coach seem like he somehow cheated his way to success. Are you jealous? Are you trolling? There are valid arguments against JB, but this scheduling b.s. is not one of them.

My argument is that syracuse hasn’t had a losing season in over 46 years, I don’t think you could find a more airtight argument. I don’t think a drop of water would fall out of that argument.
The late 80s until about 2007 you’re absolutely wrong. Our non conferences were a joke. It was until we missed the tournament even though we won 20 games that we changed the cupcake portion of our schedule when the committee smarted up to teams doing this.

And my point was you were wrong about dukes losing and or .500 record, as you were trying to use that as the crux of your argument that this happens to everyone. Unfortunately our program has been floundering for years and 18-14 records have been masked by a couple sweet 16 runs while most without orange colored glasses have seen the major underlying issues facing this program. Maybe people are ok with what’s transpired here but looking at the majority of posts people want and expect more, that doesn’t make them bad fans it shows they want more for the program then what we’ve witnessed.

And my point was you were wrong about dukes losing and or .500 record, as you were trying to use that as the crux of your argument that this happens to everyone. Unfortunately our program has been floundering for years and 18-14 records have been masked by a couple sweet 16 runs while most without orange colored glasses have seen the major underlying issues facing this program. Maybe people are ok with what’s transpired here but looking at the majority of posts people want and expect more, that doesn’t make them bad fans it shows they want more for the program then what we’ve witnessed.
It doesn’t make them bad fans, it just makes them fans and fans usually are wrong with how to solve the problem. I know it makes people feel better to think there are magic answers off in the mist, but when JB leaves, be prepared for a ROUGH few years, maybe even a couple losing seasons in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom