Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not about PG position. Bout having best players Swider impact more than just depth. There is a reason this kid picked us so fast nobody of significance was recruiting him. Just saying he is nothing more than depth. We need impact players.
Or that he grew up in Syracuse and regretted telling Cuse no the first time.

Had he stayed in the class of 2020 instead of reclassifying, I bet his stats look quite a bit different.

I didn’t need or want Michael Jordan, I was happy with Kadary Richmond.
As you saw, people were literally writing that about KR leaving yesterday.

I don’t think we get any better with the minutes available. I hope he does well here but offering 10-14 minutes a game to a transfer isn’t going to get you a great player.
I think all the minute should be up for grabs and they should be selling an open competition.

gauranteeing minutes is no good ...look at AG etc.

if they are keepong minutes for the incumbants it will be a rocky season.

I think all the minute should be up for grabs and they should be selling an open competition.

gauranteeing minutes is no good ...look at AG etc.

if they are keepong minutes for the incumbants it will be a rocky season.
Should be is the key words.

I’m very happy with this- he is young for his class so can develop, he’s physical and plays good D, he wants to be here, he’s a 4 star top 100 kid, he is a point guard, he accepts being a sub, an outside shot can develop. This is a win. Yes, I want Kadary but he ain’t gonna be here.

Quade Green must be watching and being like damn I could have been the next great guard at Cuse and a clear path to the NBA
Could see the same thing happening to Kadary who isn’t even close to as talented coming out of high school as Green

I’m very happy with this- he is young for his class so can develop, he’s physical and plays good D, he wants to be here, he’s a 4 star top 100 kid, he is a point guard, he accepts being a sub, an outside shot can develop. This is a win. Yes, I want Kadary but he ain’t gonna be here.
He’s the highest rated player on the roster.

His Freshman year he played behind Markus Howard who averaged 27ppg. Nobody getting minutes over him.
After Howard left the team crumbled because Woj is a crappy coach and completely mismanaged his team.
You can’t really judge Symir based on these numbers they don’t mean anything.
Also, Symir reclassified to play a year earlier than expected. He was supposed to be a 2020 kid but moved to 2019 when Wojo came after him.

Symir sat behind Markus Howard, the new Big East all time leading scorer, as a reclass freshman, then sat behind Dj Carton a 4/5 star transfer from Ohio state. Losing kadary sucks, will Symir be better? From what we know now, No, but that doesn’t mean he can’t contribute, grow, and get better. As many have said this Covid year has been hell on some students and effected a lot of them, and a change of scenery has helped many players over the years. The problem with this board is theres the always positive and always negative. Stop picking sides you can do both.

Agreed, I also think that Kadary athleticism looked better than it really was cause of the two other guards lack of athleticism. Kind of like the analogy an ok looking chick looks like a hot babe when they surround themselves with ugly friends
I think he looked like a future NBA starting PG.

He’s so inefficient, reckless and bad on defense. What is he so good at that someone else can’t do? Symir could take the same amount of shots as Joe and probably put the same running numbers up, I just don’t see what Joe does.
Gets your goat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors