Syracuse’s potential under Fran Brown | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse’s potential under Fran Brown

There are 189 NFL players that grew up within 5/6 hours of Cuse. Thats more than massive Texas(154), or Michigan.

Top kids have been picking the SEC, or B10. Fran owning NJ is a great start. Winning can help change the perception of other NE kids. I'm REALLY hoping the ACC does great in the Playoffs! That'll help, too.

Fran has the potential to be relevant in the Northeast - and that should help keep a lot of kids closer to home. We were a pretty good choice 20 some years ago. He may just bring that back.

View attachment 235704
We’re set up pretty well with our staff to recruit Texas/GA/FL and then clearly NJ/PA, which will spread to NY/NE/OH. And we’ll be playing in California regularly now so that can only help this staff in potentially targeting kids from there.

There are 189 NFL players that grew up within 5/6 hours of Cuse. Thats more than massive Texas(154), or Michigan.

Top kids have been picking the SEC, or B10. Fran owning NJ is a great start. Winning can help change the perception of other NE kids. I'm REALLY hoping the ACC does great in the Playoffs! That'll help, too.

Fran has the potential to be relevant in the Northeast - and that should help keep a lot of kids closer to home. We were a pretty good choice 20 some years ago. He may just bring that back.

View attachment 235704

Somebody tell me how Nebraska became a powerhouse and why Boise State and the Dakota States could probably run us out of the Dome?

Somebody tell me how Nebraska became a powerhouse and why Boise State and the Dakota States could probably run us out of the Dome?
Culture, recruiting, and coaching. Heck. Look how few players are in Oregon.

We've stunk for most of 20 years. Winning helps, too. Losing can be a death sentence, if you cant fix it.

The biggest issue I have is this doesn’t tell an effective story … why not do this based on P4/P5 rosters to show where the top college talent comes from as that is what matters.

Only roughly 250+ kids get drafted each year which makes up roughly 3 full 85 scholarship rosters. Plenty of really good players don’t make the league or better yet spend a long time there.

Some folks don’t like snow but some of us don’t like soul crushing heat and humidity. Both will keep you inside and increasingly that will be the case from the mid-Atlantic on south. Ditto for air quality concerns related to wildfires - those are increasing in the southeast. I got the impression Syracuse was less affected by Canadian wildfires this summer than other locales - including NYC (and North Carolina where I live). And drought conditions are going to drive some migration out of areas of the Midwest … if it’s one thing central NY doesn’t have to worry about it’s water.

Any narrative about snow and cold is outdated and doesn’t speak to contemporary weather conditions and concerns.

The biggest issue I have is this doesn’t tell an effective story … why not do this based on P4/P5 rosters to show where the top college talent comes from as that is what matters.

Only roughly 250+ kids get drafted each year which makes up roughly 3 full 85 scholarship rosters. Plenty of really good players don’t make the league or better yet spend a long time there.

But, as we've discovered, depth matters, too. One thing I've heard about Nebraska is that players who could have gotten D-1 scholarships used to walk on there so they cold be part of a Nebraska team.

Culture, recruiting, and coaching. Heck. Look how few players are in Oregon.

We've stunk for most of 20 years. Winning helps, too. Losing can be a death sentence, if you cant fix it.

Part of that culture is a loyal and loud fan base. The most consistently successful programs consistently pack their stadiums through good or bad, in some cases even for their spring game. Our fan base is like a housewife going through the produce section of the supermarket, squeezing the tomatoes to see if they are ripe. Fans need to be investors, not just consumers.

We’re set up pretty well with our staff to recruit Texas/GA/FL and then clearly NJ/PA, which will spread to NY/NE/OH. And we’ll be playing in California regularly now so that can only help this staff in potentially targeting kids from there.
And judging by the offers, getting back into DC- Maryland. That was a very productive area for us when we were good. I love that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom