Syracuse 2015-2016 ACC schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse 2015-2016 ACC schedule

Calilivin28 said:
Wonder what the new format would be with 16 teams in terms of a rotation. Hate to say it, but UConn possibly?

Not happening.

Fine, if you only watch SU on TV. But if you like to actually see them play in person and you don't live a short driving distance from SU, it's nice to have some regional games. But I guess we live in a made for TV world.

The AD really bent over backwards to give the tri-state area crowd regional games. St. John's, Villanova, our usual MSG games, and Georgetown. After a decade off Boston is back on the schedule, but whatever.

I said trade BC for Louisville.
Pitt isn't going away sadly. If us could trade Pitt for Louisville I would do it, but UVA fans like having Louisville twice a year because they are good. If we want Louisville twice a year we got to get Pitt to take BC and we take their Louisville.

JB would like the BC x2 for the wins but I would take UL if I could.
Here are the ACC protected rivals
BC-SU, ND
Duke-UNC,Wake
Clemson-Ga. Tech, Florida state
North Carolina- Duke, NC State
Georgia Tech-Notre Dame, Clemson
NC State- UNC, Wake
Wake Forest- Duke, NC State
Miami- Florida State, VPI
Florida State- Miami, Clemson
Pitt- Louisville, Syracuse
Virginia- Louisville, VPI
Virginia Tech- Miami, UVA
Louisville- UVA, Pitt
Notre Dame- Georgia Tech, BC
Syracuse- BC, Pitt

My only change is to replace Pitt with UL as our rival. Not only does Pitt suck and have no tradition whatsoever, but playing them always risks injury to our guys. Additionally, their prison yard style of play seems to beat us more often than not. So assume we split with them most years. Hell that does nothing for me, replace them with a traditional basketball program with real pedigree in Louisville. So we may possibly lose more games to Louisville over the long run, but then again maybe not. and losing to Louisville is about 100x more palatable than losing to Pizz.

Bayside44 said:
The AD really bent over backwards to give the tri-state area crowd regional games. St. John's, Villanova, our usual MSG games, and Georgetown. After a decade off Boston is back on the schedule, but whatever.

Well, I don't think it was a lot to ask for. Our biggest fan base is in the tri-state area. The lacrosse team no longer plays any regular season games in outside of NY state. Absurd for a program that draws many of its recruits from that region.

Honestly we traded PC for BC
Lost Seton Hall, UConn
We are still going to play St. John's, Villanova, Georgetown but man the AD has really screwed northeast fans because we don't get Seton hall and UConn anymore.

Well, I don't think it was a lot to ask for. Our biggest fan base is in the tri-state area. The lacrosse team no longer plays any regular season games in outside of NY state. Absurd for a program that draws many of its recruits from that region.

We give 3 programs a Super Bowl and their biggest draw of the season. The ACC tournament is in DC next season, no reason to play at Georgetown next season. Next to that row of conference games it seems needless.

Alsacs said:
Honestly we traded PC for BC Lost Seton Hall, UConn We are still going to play St. John's, Villanova, Georgetown but man the AD has really screwed northeast fans because we don't get Seton hall and UConn anymore.

We lost the Big East tourney at MSG. That's 2-3 games each year.

We lost Rutgers.

We lost Seton Hall.

We lost PC.

We lost UConn.

The Gtown series was interrupted.

Are we playing St. John's in NYC next year?

Is the series with Nova continuing?

I could care less about games with Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Clemson and FSU.

We're not even playing Duke and Carolina at home on a regular basis.

Never mind that ACC TV coverage has been spotty for a number of fans.

We lost Rutgers.

We lost Seton Hall.

We lost PC.

We lost UConn.

Duke and UNC are on a rotation no different than Georgetown and Connecticut.

PC, SHU, RU haven't been relevant opponents in ages.

Conference games matter more than OOC games for program success.

And we used to bitch about the rotating schedules.

PC is pretty good lately. And Seton Hall is competitive. There's a lot of lousy teams in the ACC.

But that's not the point. It's a matter of serving your fan base with games they can actually attend.

If you don't live in the tri-state area (as I know you don't) it's not a big deal.

Crap. Got spoiled in Atlanta this year with gtech and Clemson road games nearby. Next year is barren for easily manageable cuse games.

And we used to bitch about the rotating schedules.

PC is pretty good lately. And Seton Hall is competitive. There's a lot of lousy teams in the ACC.

But that's not the point. It's a matter of serving your fan base with games they can actually attend.

If you don't live in the tri-state area (as I know you don't) it's not a big deal.

I can walk to Georgetown from where I type this - don't think we should be playing them next season either. I wish our OOC would be as squishy as the half-baked basketball pundits claim it is.

We lost Rutgers.

We lost Seton Hall.

We lost PC.

We lost UConn.

Scratch RU from that list. They are off to the Big Ten, and off our schedule in any case.

We will have one of GTown, St J, Nova on the road each year, based upon the first 2 years' ACC schedules.

We also lost Marquette and DePaul. Want to cry about them?

To me, the only real loss was the BET. After next year, it's off to Brooklyn for 2 years, which is a decent substitute for MSG. And, maybe we can get back in the Garden on a regular basis going forward.

They should take the top 5 teams from the prev year and have each play each other twice (home and away) then play the rest once. As for the rest just let them dook it out for the rest of the games.

longtimefan said:
Scratch RU from that list. They are off to the Big Ten, and off our schedule in any case. We will have one of GTown, St J, Nova on the road each year, based upon the first 2 years' ACC schedules. We also lost Marquette and DePaul. Want to cry about them? To me, the only real loss was the BET. After next year, it's off to Brooklyn for 2 years, which is a decent substitute for MSG. And, maybe we can get back in the Garden on a regular basis going forward.

Hey, everyone has their opinion.

I'm just not a fan of the ACC.

I miss seeing SU in person, hanging with SU friends.

I used to make 4-5 games a year.

Lucky if I get to 1-2 now.

It is what it is.

We lost Rutgers.

We lost Seton Hall.

We lost PC.

We lost UConn.

Eat a Snickers bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom