Syracuse may have offered Georgia RB Kamara first but... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse may have offered Georgia RB Kamara first but...

CuseLegacy

Alabama knows how to mass mail. 105 pieces of mail to Kamara in one day.

yah I just read that article too...but when asked who sticks out the most he mentioned us as well as a couple big dogs, I am sure Alabama and I forget the other one. Its not too bad to be mentioned along with those schools.

Maybe it is just me but that much mail would turn me off to that program ... that's overkill
You beat me to it. Was just going to post the same thing. Out of 105 pieces of mail, what could they possibly be sending him that is not a duplicate? Would really honk me off!

Maybe it is just me but that much mail would turn me off to that program ... that's overkill

Overkill? No Way! Thanks to Alabama the United States Postal Service is now in the black and has said they will lower the price of stamps. Thanks Nick!

yah I just read that article too...but when asked who sticks out the most he mentioned us as well as a couple big dogs, I am sure Alabama and I forget the other one. Its not too bad to be mentioned along with those schools.[/quote

The schools that he said were standing out were Bama, Georgia and Syracuse. I would also just have to imagine that the mailing was a major computer error.

It's also very impersonal.
I would think a recruit would be more swayed by coach taking the time to write a single, sincere, hand-written letter.
More is not always better.

Seems like he was impressed.
http://footballrecruiting./content.asp?CID=1332534

It's also very impersonal.
I would think a recruit would be more swayed by coach taking the time to write a single, sincere, hand-written letter.
More is not always better.
I'm sure it's not just 105 copies of a form letter. He said he hasn't had a chance to read them all - which tells me each of the letters is different and for a school that recruits as well as Alabama I'm sure they're all hand written. These guys know what they're doing.

I'm sure it's not just 105 copies of a form letter. He said he hasn't had a chance to read them all - which tells me each of the letters is different and for a school that recruits as well as Alabama I'm sure they're all hand written. These guys know what they're doing.
Same reaction I had when we heard about the midnight call and oh-dark-thirty home visit between ND and Ishaq Williams. Creepy, disgusting, and I don't want our coaches doing that, ever. Crossed a line.

Right after I took the PSAT as a junior, I started getting carpet bombed by mail from Case Western Reserve University. It persisted. I never took them seriously.

Same reaction I had when we heard about the midnight call and oh-dark-thirty home visit between ND and Ishaq Williams. Creepy, disgusting, and I don't want our coaches doing that, ever. Crossed a line.
this doesn't bother me - if spending $40 on postage and a couple hours of a coaches time gives the program a leg up with a recruit by letting him "know that they want him" then I'm all for it. Seems like time and money well spent. :noidea:

this doesn't bother me - if spending $40 on postage and a couple hours of a coaches time gives the program a leg up with a recruit by letting him "know that they want him" then I'm all for it. Seems like time and money well spent. :noidea:
Yup, I know opinions will differ on this one. Too much for me, your mileage may vary!

As I'm sure you're aware, there are software programs available that will print a letter from dictation, so the letters may indeed appear to be "personal" and not a form letter. If they're actually hand-written, then they must have s staff assistant or work-study student writing them

I don't care what school it is, I can't see members of a coaching staff spending their valuable time writing over 100 personal letters to some prospective student a year before LOI day. Besides, think about it: there wouldn't be enough hours in a day to do this for each of the dozens of kids they're recruiting.

Wonder what you could have to say in 105 different letters that couldn't be said in 1 very well written one?

Of course my next question would be how many $100 bills could you fit in each letter and still have it be standard postage but perhaps I'm just being a bit hyper-critical of the SEC.

If we, by some miracle, land this kid. Laray Smith can go where ever the hell he wants.

Whether it's overkill or not Kamara himself stated 'he didn't read it all' and 'it shows that Alabama wants me' ... that's the only thing Alabama is trying to tell the kid with all the mail - we want you.

Tyrone Wheatley is recruiting Kamara and it seems they have a good relationship. He mentions that Syracuse is keeping in touch with him a lot. It doesn't hurt that we offered first - last fall.

*2 thoughts*

If Wheatley ever landed this kid you can bet Wheatley's recruiting stock would go through the roof and at that point would probably be tough to keep here. But such is life. I'd rather lose him knowing he got us some major prospects and helped our team move forward.

If you watch Laray Smith's film and Kamara's film they almost look like the same kid.

If Wheatley ever landed this kid you can bet Wheatley's recruiting stock would go through the roof and at that point would probably be tough to keep here.
Hopefully no one has noticed that he got a Michigan kid with a Michigan offer to go to Syracuse.

yah I just read that article too...but when asked who sticks out the most he mentioned us as well as a couple big dogs, I am sure Alabama and I forget the other one. Its not too bad to be mentioned along with those schools.
We got to very decent RB s coming in this summer.Mzcfarlane and Morris are providing a spike in impact talent in the backfield.I think w see Myles and Gulley as the starters with anquick relief with one of the freshmen coming in to give Prince a breather. How much Jerome Smith plays will be up to him to earn when he gets his snaps . Isee the same for Broyld to come in for a series or two during games a a major change of pace. How much that happens is all up to the successof the offense in general including the freaking )-line which Doug and Greg are long over due in getting up to par.:cool:

Hopefully no one has noticed that he got a Michigan kid with a Michigan offer to go to Syracuse.
We need to give him the $ and respect he deserves. Keep the an content with his job. Job satisfaction is not soley about money. Thats been a business axiom for many years Respect recognition play a big part of his wanting to stay. Yes and the $.;)

Whether it's overkill or not Kamara himself stated 'he didn't read it all' and 'it shows that Alabama wants me' ... that's the only thing Alabama is trying to tell the kid with all the mail - we want you.

Tyrone Wheatley is recruiting Kamara and it seems they have a good relationship. He mentions that Syracuse is keeping in touch with him a lot. It doesn't hurt that we offered first - last fall.

*2 thoughts*

If Wheatley ever landed this kid you can bet Wheatley's recruiting stock would go through the roof and at that point would probably be tough to keep here. But such is life. I'd rather lose him knowing he got us some major prospects and helped our team move forward.

If you watch Laray Smith's film and Kamara's film they almost look like the same kid.
Kamara was playing in AAAAA in GA. Mario Tull looked good on his high school tape too. Smith is decent but he is not in Kamara's class.

Kamara was playing in AAAAA in GA. Mario Tull looked good on his high school tape too. Smith is decent but he is not in Kamara's class.

You think I don't know where Kamara plays or the difference in competition? Even if Kamara's competition is better it doesn't dimish that fact that they are both roughtly the same size and look the same running the ball. And I don't care that Laray Smith plays in NYC he'd be a 4.4 kid Georgia to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD0Fw5kRXeE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fds_JS13eo&feature=player_detailpage