Syracuse MBB finally releases a statement | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse MBB finally releases a statement

In this day and age not disclosing the full extent of an athlete's injury is not due to compliance it's more of an attitude. Please reread my original pist
like hell it is. I deal with this stuff all the time. If he didnt want it out there its not gonna be out there. God forbid if a kid wants to keep an injury private and not tell a bunch of armchair quarterback fans

That's fine, but if you release a statement in the forest, and no one is around to read it, does it exist?

More seriously, who would have covered that? We weren't on the bubble. And "rightfully belong"? That'd have been laughed at and meme-ified.
Did you know they did release a statement at 11:30 last night. To paraphrase, "With all respect to the NIT, our goal is to play in the NCAA tournament, so we told the ACC that we decline the invite".

It came from SU Athletics. Not the basketball program. Not the head coach. Some anonymous two sentence statement.

Red Autry needs all the support he can get. He needs to be out in front of the public and let them know this program will be back. Especially if half the team is bailing (or forced out).

What on earth are you "spiraling about? It's a college basketball team. They didn't get a bid to the real tournament, which everyone knew was going to happen. And they're not going to the silly tourney that only low/mid-majors care about.

That's the story. You know the facts. What does SU putting out An Official Statement (TM) do to keep you from "spiraling"?
You have red say in a pressor that you are going to take a bid to a post season tournament, then you see a story that says that the administration is not responding to reporter comments about whether they chose to not be included. Maybe spiraling is the wrong word but it's not hard to see how that can lead to some annoyance on the part of the fans and certainly raises concerns for me around why something as simple as responding to a reporter is a task that takes 2 hours. This isn't about the choice not to go, it is about this being yet another troubling pattern of communication lapses that seem to plague this school consistently.

Last edited:
How many rotation guys are going to be back? 2 tops?

MASS EXODUS MASS EXODUS !!!!

...my guess is more than you think.

Coaches get better to you know and obviously you have no clue if you think it's better for the program not to play.

MASS EXODUS MASS EXODUS !!!!

...my guess is more than you think.

Coaches get better to you know and obviously you have no clue if you think it's better for the program not to play.
Other than JJ and Brown, possibly Bell, I don’t see how anyone else stays.

No. You are wrong. It is compliance WITH THE LAW.
is it a HIPPA compliance that they can't disclose if and when he might be practicing again or taking a medical redshirt?

There is no story, it’s the NIT for god’s sake. It probably won’t exist in two years. The real games start on Thursday. Nobody cares about any of this.
Maybe its not a story to you, but I see a worrying trend of this school seemingly always being behind the 8 ball in terms of communication with the media. This board constantly complains about how the reporters in Syracuse never have the scoop on anything: well here you go, you can't even get confirmation from the admin on something as inconsequential as denying an NIT bid.

is it a HIPPA compliance that they can't disclose if and when he might be practicing again or taking a medical redshirt?
I don't think so. Maybe it's to maintain the athlete's privacy.

Regardless, that was not the original point you made: "In this day and age not disclosing the full extent of an athlete's injury is not due to compliance it's more of an attitude."

The bolded statement is totally and unequivocally false, and that is what I was referring to.

The portal is "first come first served".

Suppose we play in the NIT. Suppose we win a few games.

It only delays the rebuild by 3 weeks.

3 weeks from now the kids we want from the portal may be gone.

If the portal didn't open until April 9, we're not having this conversation. It is what it is.
So you’re saying red and co can’t multi task.

In this day and age not disclosing the full extent of an athlete's injury is not due to compliance it's more of an attitude. Please reread my original pist
People need to stop acting like they have a "right" to know details about the players. You don't have a right to know any medical issues and you don't have a right to know anything in their personal lives. If they choose to make it public, fine, but if they don't, live with it. People like you act so entitled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom