Syracuse Recruits we mysteriously lost | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Recruits we mysteriously lost

Hodge wanted to to the place where he could best win a national championship. He picked NC State over Syracuse (2003) Maryland (2002) and Florida (2000 runner up.)
No, he got bought and paid for to go to NC State. Parents and handlers got hooked up, but it was a blessing in disguise.

Tobias Harris was killer. I KNEW he was coming to Cuse and that would've easily given us the top recruiting class in the Class of 2010.
That one was shady. He was a NY kid who was all 'Cuse. If I remember correctly, his father started playing agent and then Tennessee/Pearl mysteriously swooped in. Harris wound up dissing SU by announcing his "choice" in front of a bunch of 'Cuse fans who were waiting at ESPN (down there for an SU game). Little did they know.

By the way, the Tobias Harris miss is an underrated all timer and even at the time, there were rumors that Pearl offered his Dad flights and an apartment in Tennessee.

Remember that 2010-2011 team, Scoop, Triche, CJ, Kris Joseph, freshman Waiters and Fab, and Rick, who was a monster all season. We really struggled in the halfcourt though, which was our downfall. We still got a 3 seed and lost to Marquette on that dumb backcourt call that wasn’t a backcourt at all.

Harris averaged 15 and 7 on a mediocre Tennessee team. He would have given us a second halfcourt scorer and probably opened everything up.

It was also a down year overall, one where UConn(who we beat on the road and lost to in the BET) won it all. We would have been a legit title contender that season with TH.
Agreed. I've thought about this many times. Maybe he knew *t was hitting the fan at UT and left early. Imagine if he came to SU for 2 years? That 2011-2012 team that was #1 in the country, #1 seed, went 34-3?

1) Scoop
2) Triche
3) K Joseph
4) T Harris
5) Fab Melo

Guards off bench: Dion Waiters, Michael Carter-Williams
Forwards off bench: CJ Fair, James Southerland
Centers off bench: Rakeem Christmas, Baye Keita

No question we win the title in 2012 with a sophomore Tobias Harris and Fab remaining eligible.

bet the house on Kenny Anderson getting a paper bag from Bobby Cremins
th

From following recruiting uncomfortably closely for the past few years, the only recruits we lost out on that i think may have potentially been paid are:

Bryant
Walker
Duval
Maybe Whitehead.

That's it in my opinion.

How has nobody on this thread mentioned Nerlens Noel? Unless I missed it, he is top on my list when I saw this thread.

He was ours until Calipari called in his closer with a bag of cash.

Glad this scandal is finally unfolding, just wish it would include Calipari and leak into football as well. No question, this is spread across both sports.

By the way, the Tobias Harris miss is an underrated all timer and even at the time, there were rumors that Pearl offered his Dad flights and an apartment in Tennessee.

Remember that 2010-2011 team, Scoop, Triche, CJ, Kris Joseph, freshman Waiters and Fab, and Rick, who was a monster all season. We really struggled in the halfcourt though, which was our downfall. We still got a 3 seed and lost to Marquette on that dumb backcourt call that wasn’t a backcourt at all.

Harris averaged 15 and 7 on a mediocre Tennessee team. He would have given us a second halfcourt scorer and probably opened everything up.

It was also a down year overall, one where UConn(who we beat on the road and lost to in the BET) won it all. We would have been a legit title contender that season with TH.

Could be mixing up the timeline (in my head it's Harris the night of the SU-UNC game in November 2009 and Fab the following April or May), but maybe Fab wouldn't have committed if we'd locked down Harris? And even if both did commit, would we have sat Fab for a Jackson/Harris/Joseph frontcourt the next year? I don't know, I've thought of this a few times since then but am not convinced that addition would have meshed well. We really needed stronger guard play that season.

Could be mixing up the timeline (in my head it's Harris the night of the SU-UNC game in November 2009 and Fab the following April or May), but maybe Fab wouldn't have committed if we'd locked down Harris? And even if both did commit, would we have sat Fab for a Jackson/Harris/Joseph frontcourt the next year? I don't know, I've thought of this a few times since then but am not convinced that addition would have meshed well. We really needed stronger guard play that season.

No. Fab was first.

How has nobody on this thread mentioned Nerlens Noel? Unless I missed it, he is top on my list when I saw this thread.

He was ours until Calipari called in his closer with a bag of cash.

Glad this scandal is finally unfolding, just wish it would include Calipari and leak into football as well. No question, this is spread across both sports.

I don't think he was "ours." If anything he was headed to Georgetown, and we were in third.

I don't think he was "ours." If anything he was headed to Georgetown, and we were in third.
He wasn't going to Georgetown. Fine, it was 50/50 SU/UK and the all of a sudden, 12 hours later he was committed to U.K and had never heard of Syracuse basketball.

ANTHONY freaking DAVIS.

That one still stings. So much tomfoolery went on with that!

I hate Kentucky and that cork-soaker named Calipari.

What about

VJ King - Louisville

Taurean Thompson...* (transfer)

Shaq Aaaron - Louisville

Ronde Hollis Jefferson - AZ

Jermaine Lawrence Cincy

Derrick Jones UNLV

and the guard from Philly Newton

the ones we stole most notable were fab and battle, did we steal anyone else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom