Syracuse/South Florida schedule home/home per Brett McMurphy | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse/South Florida schedule home/home per Brett McMurphy

Hopefully that ND game gets changed to the Dome.

dream-the-impossible-1-9.jpg

Way too early to count out the good Dr.'s itchy Met Life trigger finger on that LSU game.

Hopefully Syverud will step in if DG even thinks of moving that one...

Why don't we just do away with the FCS opponents and play Army every year instead?

Because, as I pointed out in the previous "why don't we eliminate FCS opponents?" thread, FCS teams give us a near-guaranteed victory that counts as one of the six you need to become bowl-eligible. And it's a guaranteed home game every season. Army is not going to come to the Dome without expecting SU to visit West Point. And while that's a nice place to watch a game and an easy trip for SU, let's cut down on the road games at non-P5 schools if we can.

Way too early to count out the good Dr.'s itchy Met Life trigger finger on that LSU game.

Gross doesn't dare move that game, the outcry among season ticket holders would be unbearable.

Because, as I pointed out in the previous "why don't we eliminate FCS opponents?" thread, FCS teams give us a near-guaranteed victory that counts as one of the six you need to become bowl-eligible. And it's a guaranteed home game every season. Army is not going to come to the Dome without expecting SU to visit West Point. And while that's a nice place to watch a game and an easy trip for SU, let's cut down on the road games at non-P5 schools if we can.

I forgot about the Meadowlands games making our schedule unbalanced.

So, no chance for the service academies anytime soon?! Oh Lord

So, no chance for the service academies anytime soon?! Oh Lord

Navy joins the AAC next year. With OOC games against Army, Air Force, and Notre Dame, there's no room for SU.

tep624 said:
I forgot about the Meadowlands games making our schedule unbalanced.
at least no MetLife next season

Wish we could play a game in Philly , lots of athletes there. Would it be against the law to play an FCS team at their house or a larger stadium in that area ?

looking towards the 2015 acc schedule there is only 1 bye week so a week 2 by is very unlikely

looking towards the 2015 acc schedule there is only 1 bye week so a week 2 by is very unlikely
How about this: We open versus Rhody on Friday (9/4) again. Then play an ACC opponent away (Ville, FSU, NC St or UVA) on Friday Sept 11th or Saturday Sept 12th?

Yes my wife wanted to go back to Tampa for our annaversary next year! Two Birds one stone!

How about this: We open versus Rhody on Friday (9/4) again. Then play an ACC opponent away (Ville, FSU, NC St or UVA) on Friday Sept 11th or Saturday Sept 12th?

Move the URI game to Sat. Sept. 5th (the Sat. of Labor Day weekend), then play at home Fri. Sept. 11th, which is also Patriots day. We are NY's College Team...Invite 10th Mountain and NYC FF and Police......

of the 2015 acc away opponents only FSU and NC State are available that week and NC State has 1 TBA Non Conference VS EKU. I'd rather not play FSU in week 2 if possible since LSU is 2 weeks later

Virginia has the worst possible starting games next year:
wk 1- @ UCLA
wk- VS ND lol

syr02esq said:
Great move for recruiting reasons.

Would be great if it was staggered with at FSU seasons instead of the same year

Move the URI game to Sat. Sept. 5th (the Sat. of Labor Day weekend), then play at home Fri. Sept. 11th, which is also Patriots day. We are NY's College Team...Invite 10th Mountain and NYC FF and Police...
With somewhat unexpectedly good attendance last week and good results during other recent Friday games, I think it may become an opening night "thing". They'd get a fraction of the butts in seats for a Saturday game against a 1-AA in the middle of the last long weekend of the summer. They could still honor the soldiers and first responders on 9/12, as two Friday games in a row could be a bit much.