"Syracuse thought to be in a rebuilding year" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Syracuse thought to be in a rebuilding year"

Hey all you whiners...

Until the Orange win - and win decidedly - this afternoon, the national media's perception will be that Syracuse is rebuilding.

And like it or not, perception is reality.

That's Marketing 101.

Thank god you're around to stifle the enthusiasm of the fanbase.

And holy christ, did you misuse that metaphor.

Hey all you whiners...

Until the Orange win - and win decidedly - this afternoon, the national media's perception will be that Syracuse is rebuilding.

That's Marketing 101.

Not even close. Winning or losing today has nothing to do with whether we are rebuilding or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all you whiners...

That's Marketing 101.

Penn State was 8-4 last year. Syracuse was 8-5. Both teams lost some key parts. They're the ones with a lack of scholarships to work with.

Penn State was 8-4 last year. Syracuse was 8-5. Both teams lost some key parts. They're the ones with a lack of scholarships to work with.
And shouldn't we have some kind of advantage with the extra bowl practices?

Hey all you whiners...

That's Marketing 101.

I would think the "marketing" of that game by ESPN would have better served like this

Penn St and Syracuse meet at MetLife Stadium today on ABC. Syracuse in a rebuilding year with the loss of their coach and starting QB, they return a strong backfield and have a transfer QB from OK. With former HCDM moving to the NFL, Syracuse former DC heads the Orangemen against Bill O'Brians nittny lions. PSU in year 2 of 4 of NCAA sanctions etc blah blah blah.

That is just off the top of my head and I'm sure could be cleaned up but you get the gist. Give them reasons to watch. Not just hey syracuse is rebuilding. If I wasn't a Cuse fan why would I tune in. At least with mine it gives you reasons to tune in to see the new QB or can the d be the anchor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom