Syracuse to visit wisconsin in acc/bigten challenge | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse to visit wisconsin in acc/bigten challenge

Nect year could be the last year of the Big Ten-ACC challenge and it could become the ACC-SEC challenge as unless the Big Ten signs part of its TV deal with ESPN I highly doubt the challenge will continue.

Awful

Let's not go overboard

I hear you. But Penn State would create a lot of buzz and interest (and disgust) among fans. I believe it's still the rivalry that has the most games played. Historians on the board can confirm or disprove this.

Nect year could be the last year of the Big Ten-ACC challenge and it could become the ACC-SEC challenge as unless the Big Ten signs part of its TV deal with ESPN I highly doubt the challenge will continue.

That would be rough for us. Who we get in that dog? It would be UNC - UK, Duke against whoever is #2 in their conference (since Duke is already in the champions classic with UK, I doubt they would be paired). Then we'd get who? Mississippi State or Georgia or somebody. Belch.

That would be rough for us. Who we get in that dog? It would be UNC - UK, Duke against whoever is #2 in their conference (since Duke is already in the champions classic with UK, I doubt they would be paired). Then we'd get who? Mississippi State or Georgia or somebody. Belch.
Florida would be fun, Alabama is going up and up, Howland has MissSt on the rise too, Vandy would be fun, Auburn with the crook coach...

Outside of Florida and Uk, the rest of the Sec does nothing for me.
I may be wrong, but isn't our record vs. SEC teams horrible? Wouldn't mind improving some of those win/loss numbers...

If the ACC goes to a 20-game schedule (and they will), they will play no challenges, period.

The same teams we were getting in the Big East-SEC challange. Arkansas and TAMU would probably be our opponents about 70-80% of the time.

Florida would be fun, Alabama is going up and up, Howland has MissSt on the rise too, Vandy would be fun, Auburn with the crook coach...

I said this around this time last year, when people were talking about LSU being a program on the rise due to some good recruits:

The SEC stinks and it'll always stink. Alabama, MSU, all those also-rans are going to be mediocre teams for eternity.

Now, I agree that Florida's got some cache (though not exciting for us, with all those games earlier this decade) and Vanderbilt has been respectable in the past and is at the very least a cool road trip.

But the league is a big bowl of turds and SU fans would be disappointed with matchups against all but 3 or 4 teams.

I hear you. But Penn State would create a lot of buzz and interest (and disgust) among fans. I believe it's still the rivalry that has the most games played. Historians on the board can confirm or disprove this.

When people thought we shouldn't pay Uconn ever again, I thought they were taking crazy pills.

Having said that, we should NEVER play Penn State. Like ever, in anything.

Hey guys, Wisconsin fan here, responding to the question of how we'll be next year. The short answer is: expectations are high. No one graduated and we won't likely have a coach quit in the middle of the year like we did last season. Nigel Hayes might go pro, but his return is not as critical as one might think. Starting 5 has been Bronson Koenig & Zak Showalter in the back court, Hayes & Vitto Brown at the forwards, and Ethan Happ at C. If Hayes goes pro, the likely replacement in the lineup, IMO, is redshirt frosh Andy Van Vliet - he came from Belgium last fall and didn't clear NCAA eligibility for some weird reason. Word from last year is that AVV was one of the best players on the team in practice - this was similar to the news we had on Happ the year before when he redshirted during Kaminsky's senior year, and he did not disappoint. We had 4 guys off the bench last year who contributed, too. Especially if Hayes stays and with the addition of Van Vliet, many are expecting at least one of the reserve bigs to redshirt. There was also hope that a sharpshooting G named Pritzl who missed the entire season with a foot injury would emerge, but it sounds like he may have reinjured himself.

How are you guys looking?

just wait till next year when we play Wisconsin at MSG to complete the 1-1-1

th

Actually I'm pretty sure the UConn and South Carolina games are in New York and New Jersey and everybody knows those are automatically considered home games...

On some televisions, Wisconsin's red can look like orange... home game

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a date on this yet?

http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.silverchalice.co%2Facc-prod%2F2016%2F05%2F24%2F20160524172715_16_17_mbb_challenge_schedulegraphic_review_updated_jpg

I don't get how Duke gets to be at home again.
2016 Duke is hosting Michigan State.
2015 Duke played Indiana at home.
2014 Duke was at Wisconsin
2013 Duke played Michigan at home
2012 Duke played Ohio State at home.

Duke gets home games 4 of the last 5 years.