Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game

Hey, it's not too late to join the Syracusefan.com league in FPL! Thanks again to ROCcuse for running the show. I agree with orangenauburn... there's absolutely no reason to not have 10+ please teams in the league. Even if you're a first time user, it took a personal invite for me to get involved, you're being offered the same opportunity here.

First game is on Friday, make sure you're team players are selected before then. I just got my team in, I'm pretty pleased with my initial squad, though I left out an expensive/high scoring forward like Kane or potentially Haaland (at least for now)...I find my squad more Midfield/Defensive scoring reliant to start the season.

Here's Part 1 of the scoring system, by player rating and performance metrics.

I picked a squad but want to make a few changes. I have made the player swaps on the Transfer page, but there is no button to "save" your changes.

They say you can make unlimited transfers before opening day, but when I go back to my squad, it's all the old players and none of the new ones.

Can anyone help me with this, or do I have to actually delete my account and start over again?

Thanks.

IMG_1358.jpg

Sounds like you are in the right place on the Transfer tab,
do you have that button under the field/player view?

I'm pumped for the season

Very psyched about my Fantasy team.
Very excited for the coming season.
Worried for Chelsea - not nearly enough business yet. Going to be a rocky start.

Liverpool looks great. Darwin Nunez gives them a different dimension up front. Mane was a great player, but he and Salah didn't always get along. Salah seems super-happy with his new contract, and unquestioned status as top dog. They are entering the season healthy in defense, and have a solid midfield that bossed City in the Community Shield.

City is City. Erling Haaland is going to take time to settle, because they are not direct enough to really get the best out of him. He has the youth and athleticism to press on defense, but if he doesn't get balls over the top, or actual crosses into the box instead of always trying to walk the ball into the goal, his fit may be worse than Lukaku at Chelsea. Don't read too much into 1 game, but I like Liverpool this season.

Arsenal is finally making strides under Arteta and have bought pretty well. Gabriel Jesus is going to be their focal point up front. Is he better than Raheem Sterling? I'm not so sure, but he's going to score probably 15-20 goals this year. Zinchenko gives them another decent fullback, Matt Turner may get to play the Cups in goal for them, and Marquinhos (not the defensive guy from PSG, but the young Brazilian winger) gives them more quickness and skill in the attack. I don't see them challenging, but their chemistry looks good. Arteta is clearly the boss now. No more "player power". I see Top 4 for them, maybe 5th - them or Chelsea.

I see Spurs 3rd this year. Holy Cow, has Conte built a team! Cheapskate owner buys 6 new players, including Ivan Perisic (who can play either as a wingback or in midfield), Yves Bissouma from Brighton, Fraser Foster as the back-up goal keeper, and he's still very good. They already had quite a bit of talent on that team. Maybe they could use one more centerback, and maybe one more guy on the other wing. Conte is a great coach. They could possibly challenge, at least until December.

Chelsea's a mess. So many players want out. Boehley hasn't been able to get enough deals done fast enough. At least there are only 4 games before the first International break in September. Not too much damage can be done, and they'll have a couple weeks to finalize any additions to the squad. I like the 2 signings so far, but they need about 4 more guys, and to do that, they have to sell about 4 more guys.

Manchester United will probably improve under Ten Hag, but they have found recruitment of their top targets very difficult without Champions League football on offer. And Ronaldo wanted to leave, but found no takers.

Among the rest, West Ham added another striker, Scamacca, the 6-4 Italian, so Antonio doesn't hopefully get injured from over-use. They've signeed a goal keeper and a guy from Swansea to play a Mark Noble role hustling around the midfield. But to be honest, they need a couple flashy signings to get fired up for the new season, or they might fall back to mid-table.

Newcastle is trying to spend some of that Saudi money recruiting for Eddie Howe, but so far, they have a good goal keeper in Nick Pope, who they got from Burnley, Matt Targett from Aston Villa is a good left back, and Sven Botman is a big 6-4 Dutch defender. Solid players, but they need a midfield creator and another guy who can score goals.

Wolves may make a comeback and threaten European places this year. Raul Jiminez has looked increasingly more comfortable and recovered from his horrible fractured skull. He's the key. If they can get 15-20 goals from him in all comps, then they are going to be a much better team for it. They still have Neves and Moutinho in midfield. Neto on the wing is a threat. Ait-Nouri is improving as a defender. Willy Boly, Nelson Semedo, Dendonker, Max Kilman and Conor Coady give them a pretty deep defensive unit. They could use a little juice in midfield, and a little more creativity to manufacture scoring chances.

Very psyched about my Fantasy team.
Very excited for the coming season.
Worried for Chelsea - not nearly enough business yet. Going to be a rocky start.

Liverpool looks great. Darwin Nunez gives them a different dimension up front. Mane was a great player, but he and Salah didn't always get along. Salah seems super-happy with his new contract, and unquestioned status as top dog. They are entering the season healthy in defense, and have a solid midfield that bossed City in the Community Shield.

City is City. Erling Haaland is going to take time to settle, because they are not direct enough to really get the best out of him. He has the youth and athleticism to press on defense, but if he doesn't get balls over the top, or actual crosses into the box instead of always trying to walk the ball into the goal, his fit may be worse than Lukaku at Chelsea. Don't read too much into 1 game, but I like Liverpool this season.

Arsenal is finally making strides under Arteta and have bought pretty well. Gabriel Jesus is going to be their focal point up front. Is he better than Raheem Sterling? I'm not so sure, but he's going to score probably 15-20 goals this year. Zinchenko gives them another decent fullback, Matt Turner may get to play the Cups in goal for them, and Marquinhos (not the defensive guy from PSG, but the young Brazilian winger) gives them more quickness and skill in the attack. I don't see them challenging, but their chemistry looks good. Arteta is clearly the boss now. No more "player power". I see Top 4 for them, maybe 5th - them or Chelsea.

I see Spurs 3rd this year. Holy Cow, has Conte built a team! Cheapskate owner buys 6 new players, including Ivan Perisic (who can play either as a wingback or in midfield), Yves Bissouma from Brighton, Fraser Foster as the back-up goal keeper, and he's still very good. They already had quite a bit of talent on that team. Maybe they could use one more centerback, and maybe one more guy on the other wing. Conte is a great coach. They could possibly challenge, at least until December.

Chelsea's a mess. So many players want out. Boehley hasn't been able to get enough deals done fast enough. At least there are only 4 games before the first International break in September. Not too much damage can be done, and they'll have a couple weeks to finalize any additions to the squad. I like the 2 signings so far, but they need about 4 more guys, and to do that, they have to sell about 4 more guys.

Manchester United will probably improve under Ten Hag, but they have found recruitment of their top targets very difficult without Champions League football on offer. And Ronaldo wanted to leave, but found no takers.

Among the rest, West Ham added another striker, Scamacca, the 6-4 Italian, so Antonio doesn't hopefully get injured from over-use. They've signeed a goal keeper and a guy from Swansea to play a Mark Noble role hustling around the midfield. But to be honest, they need a couple flashy signings to get fired up for the new season, or they might fall back to mid-table.

Newcastle is trying to spend some of that Saudi money recruiting for Eddie Howe, but so far, they have a good goal keeper in Nick Pope, who they got from Burnley, Matt Targett from Aston Villa is a good left back, and Sven Botman is a big 6-4 Dutch defender. Solid players, but they need a midfield creator and another guy who can score goals.

Wolves may make a comeback and threaten European places this year. Raul Jiminez has looked increasingly more comfortable and recovered from his horrible fractured skull. He's the key. If they can get 15-20 goals from him in all comps, then they are going to be a much better team for it. They still have Neves and Moutinho in midfield. Neto on the wing is a threat. Ait-Nouri is improving as a defender. Willy Boly, Nelson Semedo, Dendonker, Max Kilman and Conor Coady give them a pretty deep defensive unit. They could use a little juice in midfield, and a little more creativity to manufacture scoring chances.
Thoughts on Leeds potential?

I think they are dark horse to make a run for 6 or 7

Thoughts on Leeds potential?

I think they are dark horse to make a run for 6 or 7

If I'm being honest, I don't think so. They lost an awful lot in Rafinha and Kalvin Phillips. The two Americans are their intended replacements. I like Tyler Adams a lot, but I don't think he's going to handle the pressing and physicality of the Premier League as well as Phillips, who had more grit in his game. Aaronson has promise, but he's no Rafinha.

Hey all,

Your roster for Gameweek 1 needs to be set and saved by 1:30 Eastern today.

Let's get a few more folks signed up!

Bad news with Jiminez, who has a knee injury and will be out until the 1st International break.

Oooof, I made an early poor mistake by switching out Mitrovich for Luis Diaz on my roster last second, I should have stuck with my gut… not a great start for Liverpool, unfortunately.

Let’s see what the rest of the day holds!

Oooof, I made an early poor mistake by switching out Mitrovich for Luis Diaz on my roster last second, I should have stuck with my gut… not a great start for Liverpool, unfortunately.

I'm off to a decent start with goals from Darwin Nunez (my captain) and James Ward-Prowse, but a penalty conceded by Virgil Van Dijk.

I'm off to a decent start with goals from Darwin Nunez (my captain) and James Ward-Prowse, but a penalty conceded by Virgil Van Dijk.

Aaronson with maybe the game winner for Leeds!

So who is Victory Train?

You have a big lead, but I still have 3 guys playing tomorrow. I won't catch you this week, but the gap should be much closer.

Actually Son from Spurs was my captain, and Cancelo is my vice.

So who is Victory Train?

You have a big lead, but I still have 3 guys playing tomorrow. I won't catch you this week, but the gap should be much closer.
Yeah I’m Victory Train… remember it’s a looooonnnnggg season with many twists & turns to come, though I won’t complain about being out front a few points by the end of the first week

Yeah I’m Victory Train… remember it’s a looooonnnnggg season with many twists & turns to come, though I won’t complain about being out front a few points by the end of the first week

Of course it is. Chelsea was first place in December last year, and look how that turned out!

It's funny, I built my team from the back rather than the front (maybe not the best strategy ...).

Choosing Salah and then making him your captain is going to take you far this year. He's going to have a sensational season.

I moved Ward Prowse to bench and regret that greatly.

Any thoughts on the upcoming week's matches?

Tottenham v. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is the marquee matchup of the weekend.

Conte is a great coach. His team is well-stocked with his kind of players. I think they are dark horse championship contenders.

Chelsea, on the other hand, is not really that well organized, not settled on their roster, and still have a bunch of deals (incoming and outgoing) in the works.

Even though Spurs rarely beat Chelsea, especially at the Bridge, I don't think Chelsea is ready for this kind of game yet.

Arsenal should dispatch Leicester this weekend. Brendan Rodgers' team peaked with those 2 runs at the top 4 that finished just short. They are in trouble this year, and will finish mid-table.

Brighton at Newcastle might be the most fun game of the weekend. For the US National Team fans, I do think Leeds might win away at Southampton, who were all that impressive last weekend. That would be great for Jesse Marsch to start with 2 wins after last year's close call with the drop.

If City can find Haaland like they did last weekend, it's tough to see them losing many games. I love what Liverpool has done with their roster, although they could use one more set of younger legs in the midfield. City looks devastating. I don't see them losing at home to Bournmouth.

Aston Villa didn't have a great opening week for coach Steven Gerrard, but I see them handling Everton at home. Lampard's squad looks incomplete and in danger, to be honest.

I thought Crystal Palace would have shown better in the opening weekend. Coming up against Liverpool in week 2 isn't a good thing for them.

At least West Ham and David Moyes get to feast on Nottingham Forest this weekend.

What a performance from Man U!

Leeds choked - ran out of gas and focus.

Arsenal are going to be fun to watch.

I think TotChe is a massive early season fixture. Can Tot carry over last week's momentum? I think so. Didn't need Kane or Son really last week, and I think that changes tomorrow.

Any thoughts on the upcoming week's matches?

Tottenham v. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is the marquee matchup of the weekend.

Conte is a great coach. His team is well-stocked with his kind of players. I think they are dark horse championship contenders.

Chelsea, on the other hand, is not really that well organized, not settled on their roster, and still have a bunch of deals (incoming and outgoing) in the works.

Even though Spurs rarely beat Chelsea, especially at the Bridge, I don't think Chelsea is ready for this kind of game yet.

Arsenal should dispatch Leicester this weekend. Brendan Rodgers' team peaked with those 2 runs at the top 4 that finished just short. They are in trouble this year, and will finish mid-table.

Brighton at Newcastle might be the most fun game of the weekend. For the US National Team fans, I do think Leeds might win away at Southampton, who were all that impressive last weekend. That would be great for Jesse Marsch to start with 2 wins after last year's close call with the drop.

If City can find Haaland like they did last weekend, it's tough to see them losing many games. I love what Liverpool has done with their roster, although they could use one more set of younger legs in the midfield. City looks devastating. I don't see them losing at home to Bournmouth.

Aston Villa didn't have a great opening week for coach Steven Gerrard, but I see them handling Everton at home. Lampard's squad looks incomplete and in danger, to be honest.

I thought Crystal Palace would have shown better in the opening weekend. Coming up against Liverpool in week 2 isn't a good thing for them.

At least West Ham and David Moyes get to feast on Nottingham Forest this weekend.
Everton look toast early on.

I like Lampard but they need a change of leadership

Everton look toast early on.

I like Lampard but they need a change of leadership

Lampard is not a good defensive coach. He can help a team find and create chances, but he's unable to field a balanced team. Plus, he's without Calvert-Lewin (injury), Richarlison is gone. They have let too many guys go in the last 2 years. Such a fall since that wonderful first season with Carlo Ancelotti and James Rodriguez.

OMG Anthony Taylor should never be allowed to do a Chelsea game again. The goal to draw even never should have happened, with Christian Romero pulling Cucarella to the ground by his goddamn hair to make it possible for Kane to knock in the late equalizer.

In the Fantasy League standings, I've had a pretty good week with 2 Liverpool guys yet to contribute (Virgil and Nunez) tomorrow night.

Brentford's 4th goal holy. I have no idea how the defender even saw that pass on the clearance.

Arsenal looking good. Gabriel Jesus could have had 4 yesterday.

Man U is a mess.
De Gea at fault for first two goals.
Thought I was getting a bargain with a Man U defender at 4.5 million in Fantasy but..