Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game

Haha and after all that, opening day for my fantasy team could not have gone any worse... just brutally bad. Hoping Liverpool & others can help right the ship a bit tomorrow.

Its early yet. In my standard fashion I named the wrong captain and left a double digit scorer on the bench.

Its early yet. In my standard fashion I named the wrong captain and left a double digit scorer on the bench.
Well, today didn't really help me out either... but yeah, the key is remember in fantasy soccer the season is very long. Great to Liverpool get an away win to start, though they did not play overly well.

Edit: Here's some of the stats from my fantasy squad. NONE of the 5 defender's on my team scored a point. Courtois got me -2. None of my other players scored above 2 points. Only Berahino left to play. Historically bad.

Well, today didn't really help me out either... but yeah, the key is remember in fantasy soccer the season is very long. Great to Liverpool get an away win to start, though they did not play overly well.

Edit: Here's some of the stats from my fantasy squad. NONE of the 5 defender's on my team scored a point. Courtois got me -2. None of my other players scored above 2 points. Only Berahino left to play. Historically bad.

Can't say I entirely understand the scoring in this league

Neither do I. nonetheless, here is a link to the rules page ha
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

First kick off this week is Friday afternoon, so have your roster set by then. It is never too late to join also, either the Head to Head or Classic league, see first post for group info.

It's been a pretty rough start for me in our FPL league... bottom of the table mostly. I have made some poor captaincy decisions and it's really biting me. I have also painted myself into a corner with some injuries and picking up short term players, especially goalkeepers, who are not the long term primary starters. This weekend I had McCarthy for CP starting in goal, I see that Crystal Palace snags a clean sheet and I'm super excited, only to find out that Hennessey is back and McCarthy is benched. My "backup" goalkeeper was Romero for Man. U, who of course was taken out for De Gea a few weeks prior. ESPN league is really close, that should be fun. I know it's a long season, but the past few years I have done pretty well in the world rankings... haha this year not so much. Hope the rest of you are enjoying the FPL league experience!

Not really sure how it's going for me.

Despite the fact I'm near the top in both leagues I think I'm fooked b/c I had a number of guys that didn't perform at the start who's value has gone down. I sold a couple at a loss but held on to Rooney for example, thinking he'll come good. If he doesn't, have to sell at even more of a loss. So I kinda feel like I'm stuck with some of these guys now for the dent that they'd do to the total value I can afford :noidea:

It's been a pretty rough start for me in our FPL league... bottom of the table mostly. I have made some poor captaincy decisions and it's really biting me. I have also painted myself into a corner with some injuries and picking up short term players, especially goalkeepers, who are not the long term primary starters. This weekend I had McCarthy for CP starting in goal, I see that Crystal Palace snags a clean sheet and I'm super excited, only to find out that Hennessey is back and McCarthy is benched. My "backup" goalkeeper was Romero for Man. U, who of course was taken out for De Gea a few weeks prior. ESPN league is really close, that should be fun. I know it's a long season, but the past few years I have done pretty well in the world rankings... haha this year not so much. Hope the rest of you are enjoying the FPL league experience!
My more captaincy picks ship was righted pretty quickly by giving Aguero the armband in both leagues this last weekend... very much needed result!

I know I'm basically the only person who posts in this thread, but I figured I'd keep the narrative going;) I've slowly been slogging through the ranks of the syracusefan FPL ranks to reach 4th, but it's really exciting right now... only 20 points separating the top 4, 6 points separating 2-4 (with games to be played tomorrow). One player I have waffled on for multiple weeks has been Ighalo for Watford. He's super cheap and has put up big points for the season, he did the same again today... though I saw he picked up a knock of some kind. He is definitely one player I wish I had jumped in on earlier, Gomis has remained on my roster and completely fallen off the map. I'm super excited for the Reds beating of the Blues today and since less effort seems to have been put into the ESPN fantasy league overall, I will happily take the respite of leading that league with a pretty solid point difference over #2 right now.

I know I'm basically the only person who posts in this thread, but I figured I'd keep the narrative going;) I've slowly been slogging through the ranks of the syracusefan FPL ranks to reach 4th, but it's really exciting right now... only 20 points separating the top 4, 6 points separating 2-4 (with games to be played tomorrow). One player I have waffled on for multiple weeks has been Ighalo for Watford. He's super cheap and has put up big points for the season, he did the same again today... though I saw he picked up a knock of some kind. He is definitely one player I wish I had jumped in on earlier, Gomis has remained on my roster and completely fallen off the map. I'm super excited for the Reds beating of the Blues today and since less effort seems to have been put into the ESPN fantasy league overall, I will happily take the respite of leading that league with a pretty solid point difference over #2 right now.

I appreciate you keeping the vibe alive dude!

Looks like Ighalo has been cleared for the weekend.

Gomis hasn't had a league goal in at least 6 weeks, so Eder could start in his place this week even.

I'm still struggling with the Team Value thing in EPL, which I feel is a much bigger detriment than in the ESPN game. Trying my hardest to get rid of Hazard but it just won't happen without messing the bank up

The FPL game is live again for this season

The official fantasy football game of the Premier League

Again, I made two groups
- Classic - overall score ranked against all other players in the group
Name: Syracusefan.com
code to join: 968542-255772

- Head to Head - We will be matched up each week against a person in the group. Your score vs. opponent's score. 3 points to the winner, 1 point for a draw.
Name: Syracusefan.com H2H
code to join: 968542-255778

Points are earned based on the performance of the players on your roster.
The scoring is a bit different than the ESPN game. There are full rules under this link for those that want to review.

Again, I made two groups

- Head to Head - We will be matched up each week against a person in the group. Your score vs. opponent's score. 3 points to the winner, 1 point for a draw.

The scoring is a bit different than the ESPN game. There are full rules under this link for those that want to review.

The Premier League's official fantasy game was just too hard, too many rules to remember, too many wildcards.

Hey FPL players and fanatics! ROCcuse is off on an adventure, so I'm stepping in for a bit. The season kicks off this weekend (Go Liverpool, surprise top 4 finish this season... YNWA!) and you gotta get signed up and get your lineups set to participate. Deadline is early Saturday morning. It's always a blast to get involved, even if you are not confident in how to play and who's on what rosters, etc. When I first started playing 5 or 6 years ago it really gave me a much greater understanding and appreciation of the teams, players, relegation system, etc. in the English Premier League. I love it now, one of my favorite things about my week once the season kicks off. Get on board, leeeehhhhhggooo!

Again, I made two groups

Only two of us signed up for the FPL currently, final shot before things kick off tomorrow... c'mon people, I promise you it's worth it!

Alright fellow Syracusefan.com Premier League soccer/football enthusiasts, I'm trying to make a hard push this off-season to get some energy back in the Syracusefan.com invitational classic league on fantasy.premierleague.com. For years now ROCcuse have been the only two people in the league... it needs some new life!

Fantasy Premier League has become a fun passion hobby for me, I'm a decade+ in now & it has helped become more & more appreciative of the Premier League to the point that I prefer following/watching EPL games over US Football & just about anything else. Participating in Fantasy Premier League really gives a great overall understanding & knowledge of team rosters, how the league is shaking out from year to year, who's unexpectedly performing, etc. Typically, you set your roster once a week... so it's not a day to day time investment.

A couple of quick hitters:
- You're given 100 Million to construct your team - All players are available to you, you & I could technically have the same roster if we chose it as such. Players have varying financial values, you want to look for who starts & plays consistent minutes, who takes free kicks & penalties, which defenders get involved in offensive play, etc.
player values trend up & down, so you may find your team roster is actually worth $104-5 Mil if you're making good pickups & drops
- You're given 1 free player transfers (pick up a player & drop another) a week, more than that -4 points on your total score. Your transfers do roll over, if you make no transfers the previous week, you'll have 2 free transfers the following week instead of 1.
- There are Chips that can be played throughout the season - Wild Card (You can reset your whole roster by doing as many drops & pickups you want with no points deducted - 2 given per season at the beginning & the start of the 2nd half of the season), Free Hit (you can change your whole roster, but only for that week with no points deducted, after the week is complete it will revert back to what your roster was before playing then), Triple Captain (Your selected Captain for the week receives triple points instead of the typical double points), Bench Boost (every player on your roster, including your bench, is counted in your point total for that week)
- Every week you set your roster, you have 3 bench players, 1 bench Goalie & a Starting 11. You select a Captain who's total points are doubled (a Vice-Captain is also selected in case your selected Captain doesn't play that week). If a player in your starting 11 doesn't play, the first player in order off your bench will be subbed in to take their place.

If you're at all interested (I hope you are, the EPL is an amazing & fun ride... I've been a Liverpool fan for about 15 years, to see them ascend to top level club football in Europe again has been amazing!), head over to fantasy.premierleague.com to start your team (you won't be able to select players yet). The classic league I've been talking about is Syracusefan.com, you should be able to search for & join. I'm not 100% sure if ROCcuse or I am in charge of the league, but if you can't get in, I'll make sure we find out how.

Please, come join! Let's try to generate a little conversation, if you're joining let us know here on this thread. Which big signing, 1st year player will perform better this year in FPL, Haaland or Nunez? Who's your off the radar/sleeper pick for this year? Why is Man U horrible & why can't they sign anyone?!;)

P.S. It's been fun to see my own FPL decision making develop as I've gotten to know the Premier League better. Last year, I finished in the top 20,000 in the world out of 8.2 million participants, this year wasn't quite as good, but still landed in the top 300,000 out of 9.1+ participants worldwide.
186566646_10106819710073196_4376173835706404028_n.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 1.00.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 1.34.27 PM.png

Alright fellow Syracusefan.com Premier League soccer/football enthusiasts, I'm trying to make a hard push this off-season to get some energy back in the Syracusefan.com invitational classic league on fantasy.premierleague.com. For years now ROCcuse have been the only two people in the league... it needs some new life!

Fantasy Premier League has become a fun passion hobby for me, I'm a decade+ in now & it has helped become more & more appreciative of the Premier League to the point that I prefer following/watching EPL games over US Football & just about anything else. Participating in Fantasy Premier League really gives a great overall understanding & knowledge of team rosters, how the league is shaking out from year to year, who's unexpectedly performing, etc. Typically, you set your roster once a week... so it's not a day to day time investment.

A couple of quick hitters:
- You're given 100 Million to construct your team - All players are available to you, you & I could technically have the same roster if we chose it as such. Players have varying financial values, you want to look for who starts & plays consistent minutes, who takes free kicks & penalties, which defenders get involved in offensive play, etc.
player values trend up & down, so you may find your team roster is actually worth $104-5 Mil if you're making good pickups & drops
- You're given 1 free player transfers (pick up a player & drop another) a week, more than that -4 points on your total score. Your transfers do roll over, if you make no transfers the previous week, you'll have 2 free transfers the following week instead of 1.
- There are Chips that can be played throughout the season - Wild Card (You can reset your whole roster by doing as many drops & pickups you want with no points deducted - 2 given per season at the beginning & the start of the 2nd half of the season), Free Hit (you can change your whole roster, but only for that week with no points deducted, after the week is complete it will revert back to what your roster was before playing then), Triple Captain (Your selected Captain for the week receives triple points instead of the typical double points), Bench Boost (every player on your roster, including your bench, is counted in your point total for that week)
- Every week you set your roster, you have 3 bench players, 1 bench Goalie & a Starting 11. You select a Captain who's total points are doubled (a Vice-Captain is also selected in case your selected Captain doesn't play that week). If a player in your starting 11 doesn't play, the first player in order off your bench will be subbed in to take their place.

If you're at all interested (I hope you are, the EPL is an amazing & fun ride... I've been a Liverpool fan for about 15 years, to see them ascend to top level club football in Europe again has been amazing!), head over to fantasy.premierleague.com to start your team (you won't be able to select players yet). The classic league I've been talking about is Syracusefan.com, you should be able to search for & join. I'm not 100% sure if ROCcuse or I am in charge of the league, but if you can't get in, I'll make sure we find out how.

Please, come join! Let's try to generate a little conversation, if you're joining let us know here on this thread. Which big signing, 1st year player will perform better this year in FPL, Haaland or Nunez? Who's your off the radar/sleeper pick for this year? Why is Man U horrible & why can't they sign anyone?!;)

P.S. It's been fun to see my own FPL decision making develop as I've gotten to know the Premier League better. Last year, I finished in the top 20,000 in the world out of 8.2 million participants, this year wasn't quite as good, but still landed in the top 300,000 out of 9.1+ participants worldwide. View attachment 217969View attachment 217970View attachment 217971
Nice to see more Liverpool fans on this board! I’ll take a look and see about joining.

To answer your questions, I think Haaland has a bigger year. ManCity is just not fair and now they are adding the dude from Leeds.

I don’t if this a sleeper pick or not, but my shock prediction for the year is Tottenham finish ahead of Liverpool this year. Contrary to popular belief, Mane was the most important player after VVD and Allison… not Salah. Yes Nunez will help fill the gap from the Mane departure but the midfield needs help and didn’t get it… Hendo is aging; Thiago can’t stay healthy, Keita doesn’t show up against good teams, Jones doesn’t really impact the the game that much, Elliott is unproven. I’m pissed that Liverpool didn’t go after Bissouma or another midfielder. It will bite them.

Nice to see more Liverpool fans on this board! I’ll take a look and see about joining.

To answer your questions, I think Haaland has a bigger year. ManCity is just not fair and now they are adding the dude from Leeds.

I don’t if this a sleeper pick or not, but my shock prediction for the year is Tottenham finish ahead of Liverpool this year. Contrary to popular belief, Mane was the most important player after VVD and Allison… not Salah. Yes Nunez will help fill the gap from the Mane departure but the midfield needs help and didn’t get it… Hendo is aging; Thiago can’t stay healthy, Keita doesn’t show up against good teams, Jones doesn’t really impact the the game that much, Elliott is unproven. I’m pissed that Liverpool didn’t go after Bissouma or another midfielder. It will bite them.
YNWA! Glad you may jump on board, would love to have you.

I agree in part with your take on the state of the Reds: Yes, Mane was important & really invaluable in the rise in the last few years, yes the midfield is aging & injury prone. However, I think the addition of Diaz in January AND Nunez in a front with Salah can offset the loss of Mane. It may mean a formation change as well, which could bring Firmino slotted deeper behind Nunez.
I’m really intrigued by the addition Carvalho as well, I think he’s going to surprise. Bigger picture I believe the hope is to land Bellingham next summer… though it’s risky. I think the midfield can hold for one more season.
Yes, Man City has unlimited funds & seemingly unfair advantages, but Liverpool was 15 minutes & a 2 goal Aston Villa lead away from winning the league. Hope springs eternal - glad Klopp signed the extension as well!

YNWA! Glad you may jump on board, would love to have you.

I agree in part with your take on the state of the Reds: Yes, Mane was important & really invaluable in the rise in the last few years, yes the midfield is aging & injury prone. However, I think the addition of Diaz in January AND Nunez in a front with Salah can offset the loss of Mane. It may mean a formation change as well, which could bring Firmino slotted deeper behind Nunez.
I’m really intrigued by the addition Carvalho as well, I think he’s going to surprise. Bigger picture I believe the hope is to land Bellingham next summer… though it’s risky. I think the midfield can hold for one more season.
Yes, Man City has unlimited funds & seemingly unfair advantages, but Liverpool was 15 minutes & a 2 goal Aston Villa lead away from winning the league. Hope springs eternal - glad Klopp signed the extension as well!
I’m already reading that Bellingham’s wages will be prohibitive for that move. Diaz is great, but I question whether he has that extra little bit of explosion he needs to score against elite teams. Mane’s explosiveness was what always stood out to me about him and we will miss that unless Salah can regain his last bit of pace.

Thanks JW!
I've gotten busier over the last few years so haven't been able to keep up as much with the game itself or trying to get more of us involved on here.

And you've been running away with the thing the the last few years by like 200+ points over me. Awesome stuff.

The toughest thing for me is keeping up with/managing the price changes, wildcard, free hit, bench boost.
I wish price changes were just once a week.

If I am in charge of the league, I'll try to transfer that over to you if you don't mind.
Can't wait till it launches for this season.

What's the league code

The game is live for this season and everyone can start making their teams!

I forgot I needed to renew the league each year.
I just took care of that and it says the code is:

League code: nlyabu

Bump

Can't believe we cannot get ten people in on this

I set up my team, but I haven't connected to the league, yet.

(Although I might have been working with last season's player prices ...)

How do we join again? Share a link?

I’m in. I played about 8 years back and came in last. I expect the same result.