Take it to the bank. ..this team will not get blown out at home | Syracusefan.com

Take it to the bank. ..this team will not get blown out at home

Ish88888

All American
Its a perfect Vegas storm, our stock is the lowest its been all season, Clemson's is the highest. The spread is based on our downward tumble. This team plays well at home. Did anyone notice Clemson partied like they won it all after beating FSU? It was student mayhem on the field with dabo and the players screaming with joy bc they know they have us and wake and south Carolina remaining. If indeed, ED plays, we have a punchers chance of not only covering the latest spread of 27.5, but maybe shocking the world! Btw, i work in the medical field and every upper body /head hit isnt a concussion. Hoping for the best with ED. Let's show up and make it loud supporting our kids!

This has epic blowout written all over it.

The national media is going to hammer Clemson for anything less that 50.

Not only does Clemson need to destroy us for their ranking but I'm sure Dabo would like nothing better than to stick it to Shafer. Can a coach ask for any better time frame than right now if you want to stick it to another coach, doesn't get too much better than this Saturday.

I'm expecting they throw everything at us for most of the game.

I suspect the infamous " Dabo, you MFer" will sound like Shafer ordering high tea compared to what he's going to want to say to him as the rout is on.

I agree, staying in the top 4 is paramount for Clemson. However, to do that all they need to do is win. Style points do not matter, win out and then beat UNC in the acc championship and they are in. Its human nature for the kids to have an emotional hangover this week, dabo will be fired up and have them on upset alert, but its the players that might be sleeping just enough.

Come on guys, i am trying to stay a glass half full guy, lol

This has epic blowout written all over it.

The national media is going to hammer Clemson for anything less that 50.
OP's whole point is that because "it has epic blowout written all over it" that it won't be. And I agree.

Did anyone notice Clemson partied like they won it all after beating FSU? It was student mayhem on the field with dabo and the players screaming with joy bc they know they have us and wake and south Carolina remaining.
Clemson opens the field after every home game so that fans gather mid field to sing the alma mater.

Come on guys, i am trying to stay a glass half full guy, lol

Or...you could just get a smaller glass. Understand your point though, that's a lot of points to cover coming off the FSU high and all the national praise as NC front runner.

if i was still gambling like a degenerate, i'd bang the first half line. Syracuse has been good for first halves and then completely fall apart. I'd take Syracuse +14 first half and the under.

If history is a guide, you bang Clemson live line for second half...this will be a 48-10 loss but will be a 21-10 game at half I bet.

How can you take it to the bank for a withdrawal when your account has been closed due to lack of funds?

I agree, staying in the top 4 is paramount for Clemson. However, to do that all they need to do is win. Style points do not matter, win out and then beat UNC in the acc championship and they are in. Its human nature for the kids to have an emotional hangover this week, dabo will be fired up and have them on upset alert, but its the players that might be sleeping just enough.
^^^ This guy gets it. Anything is possible^^^

Clemson opens the field after every home game so that fans gather mid field to sing the alma mater.
The going onto the field tradition at Clemson goes back before my memory. In the 60's and 70's, families attended the games together - the parents would sit in their sideline seats and send the children to play on the hill for the entire game. As soon as it was over, the children ran for the field to get close to their favorite player, grab a piece of dropped gear and/or get autographs. As those kids became students, the tradition grew. I can't tell you how many visitors have come in and expressed surprise that we "rushed" the field after beating them (i.e. Wake Forest). The part about singing the alma mater with the team is less than 10 years old. It's not rushing the field though. Our fans even go out there when we lose. It's just what they do.

tiger double stack wide outs. and we won't cover one of the four. they will beat us short screen . they will beat us pick play cross middle. and they will beat us long. and that's totally disregarding their superior ground game. becuz once they expose us outside the run game is open season inside. with dungy questionable (or not) i predict a tiger bloodletting.

Last edited:
we have played much better at home than on the road... i think we can keep it competitive to a point but Clemson will have to help us out by starting the opposite of last time they were in the dome( they scored 21 points in 1st 7 minutes)

Clempsun - 49
SU - 14

We haven't improved so I expect similar or worse score.

CuseOnly said:
2013 Clempsun - 49 SU - 14 We haven't improved so I expect similar or worse score.

Clemson won16-6 last year at Clemson.