talk about having zero class | Syracusefan.com

talk about having zero class

watched the presser on ESPN and thought...Jim Weaver is really a joke...kept playing with his tongue and had this sly smile...he seemed giddy that he was firing the coach...he said he had decided to fire him a week or so ago...yet didnt even give the guy after 8 years (or was it nine) a heads up. Obviously the coach and Weaver did not get along...probably the wrong guy was fired.

watched the presser on ESPN and thought...Jim Weaver is really a joke...kept playing with his tongue and had this sly smile...he seemed giddy that he was firing the coach...he said he had decided to fire him a week or so ago...yet didnt even give the guy after 8 years (or was it nine) a heads up. Obviously the coach and Weaver did not get along...probably the wrong guy was fired.

How was he playing with his tongue???

How was he playing with his tongue???

He kept trying to touch his nose with his tongue? That's my best guess.

Pretty horrible handling by Va. Tech, hard to believe even they could screw this up so badly.

yeah, it was really odd how it played out.

a few of the writers got in contact with greenburg after the presser was announced because the writers, like most others thought that the presser could be to announce he was fired. greenberg told them he hadnt heard he was being fired (this was early afternoon). So they went on the record saying it wasnt basketball related.

the buzzings are that he doesn't have much standing to complain about lack of class.

By the way: the tongue thing likely has to do with the fact that he has Parkinson's.

Weaver showed that his people skills are even worse than Greenberg's supposedly are. A quality organization does not conduct business in such a classless manner. I'm sure the coaching community will take note.

Weaver emphasized he saw a family atmosphere in other segments of the Virginia Tech athletic department that did not exist in Greenberg's program but chose not to elaborate because he did not want "to throw Coach Greenberg under the bus."

images

eh. there's a credible rationale to move on...and the exodus of coaches/staff spoke volumes. it's never going to be comfortable or clean and it certainly could have been done better, but it's not terrible.

Disagree. I can never recall a situation where a coach was more blindsided and humiliated without being involved in a scandal. Have the decency to inform the coach and staff before sending the media alert.

Next time maybe Weaver will show up with three big heads of his MBB, WBB and FB coaches and then chose the one he fired.

Total douche bag move. Good luck hiring a replacement dickhead.

Luckily no one has ever associated va tech and the word "class".

Disagree. I can never recall a situation where a coach was more blindsided and humiliated without being involved in a scandal. Have the decency to inform the coach and staff before sending the media alert.

Next time maybe Weaver will show up with three big heads of his MBB, WBB and FB coaches and then chose the one he fired.

Total douche bag move. Good luck hiring a replacement dickhead.

Luckily no one has ever associated va tech and the word "class".

B
O
O
M

last year, a few ACC schools had issues finding head coaches. It seems any young coach worth anything doesn't want to bother with the Duke/UNC (soon to be Cuse) juggernaut. I'd imaging VT will have similar issues, especially with this jag off as an AD.

last year, a few ACC schools had issues finding head coaches. It seems any young coach worth anything doesn't want to bother with the Duke/UNC (soon to be Cuse) juggernaut. I'd imaging VT will have similar issues, especially with this jag off as an AD.
The Parkinson's disease explains his mannerisms but all of you are right about the lack of class.

Very strange timing just to avoid having to pay any assistants Seth would have hired severance when they do not renew his contract next year.

You are right about it going to be tough to get anybody to go to Blacksburg to play UNC, Duke, Cuse and Pitt when ACC gets back to half decent.

The new coach would want some rapport with the AD and likely that will not be Weaver for too long due to the Parkinson's. VA Tech is a football school that accommodates Bball. So who takes a coaching job not knowing who the AD will ultimately be,

Seth had as good a record as anybody but Coach K and Roy Williams and possibly Leonard Hamilton in ACC, but only made the dance once in 9 years. Of course that may explain why Tony Bennett in his 4th year is now also 4th in ACC coaching tenure and coach K again has more seasons in ACC than the other 11 combined. Had that last year but I think would have lost it this year had Seth not been fired,

Some of USF's recent resurgence in BE may have been due to some groundwork Seth laid there.

I figured Greenberg was on the hot seat this year but agree pure lack of class on how he was terminated after he tweeted earlier in the day it as not him presser was about, with a recruit when notified, etc.

$1.2 M buyout and probably gig on ESPN not a bad deal for Seth as he watches the program he built go downhill this year. With no assistants they had to name the strength & Conditioning coach the interim Bball boss.

NCS will join the big boys as the southern alternative to Tobacco Rd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom