Taurean Thompson | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Optimist: One who looks at this and says this is good news because it coincides with the start of SU's second summer session next week.
Pessimist: One who looks at this and says this is not good news because it coincides with Izzo's comment last week that he will know his final roster in about a week.

Check the date of the initial tweet. It's more crap.

I totally agree (and made a similar point about 1500 posts ago). It makes no sense unless you consider the academic issue that ornageman has pointed out.
became pretty obvious about a month ago it was either mom (quite likely) or academics (maybe)

My question is this.

Why would TT not want to be at his college of choice during the summer, with the other new recruits? I would think that getting to know each other, forming bonds, and of course playing summer ball together would be a huge upside for any new member of the team.
Not to mention getting some of his academic requirements out of the way so he's not juggling 3 classes while traveling across the country in January and February.

They are desperate enough to force an opening.Their campus is an urban surrounding. this attracts kids that are use to that environment

What does that mean?
And The Hill isn't exactly a rural environment either.
What about all those 'urban' kids going to prep schools in pastoral/sticks settings?

My question is this.

Why would TT not want to be at his college of choice during the summer, with the other new recruits? I would think that getting to know each other, forming bonds, and of course playing summer ball together would be a huge upside for any new member of the team.

One would think, but like many people have said, this is the most bizarre recruitment they have ever seen.

I've never understood what this means. They are forcing 2 kids to transfer out. This late in the game? There is no way there is space for him at Hall.

It sounds like it, which would be funny, because if you ever read the Seton Hall board, they call us scumbags for recruiting over guys.

If the hold up really is mom wanting him to go to Seton Hall, she must REALLY hate SU. That for all the normal reasons like SU is a far better place in every basketball measurable and intangible, but also that she is perfectly content with having him go to a place willing to kick two guys to the curb at the 11th hour.

All that said, I still don't believe we have any idea what the holdup is about and I doubt it is all mom wanting SHU.

He is waiting on a summer school class he had to retake. The first one was not NCAA approved. Technically right now he is ineligible until he is cleared by the NCAA.

It seems like we've had cases like this before and it was always widely reported. If this is indeed the case why is it being played so close to the chest?

It seems like we've had cases like this before and it was always widely reported. If this is indeed the case why is it being played so close to the chest?

It doesn't add up, especially since reputable posters here have said the kid is a good student.

He is waiting on a summer school class he had to retake. The first one was not NCAA approved. Technically right now he is ineligible until he is cleared by the NCAA.

I'm not saying your wrong at all, you seem to know what is going on, but how does this happen? The kid went to St. Anthonys and The Brewster Academy.

This has NOTHING to do with him being a great student. He is! But he took a class that was not NCAA approved. He passed but it was not approved so he is now retaking it as an approved course. :bang:

This explanation definitely fits what we are seeing with TT recruiting. Regardless, Syracuse will be his best opportunity.

If the hold up really is mom wanting him to go to Seton Hall, she must REALLY hate SU. That for all the normal reasons like SU is a far better place in every basketball measurable and intangible, but also that she is perfectly content with having him go to a place willing to kick two guys to the curb at the 11th hour.

All that said, I still don't believe we have any idea what the holdup is about and I doubt it is all mom wanting SHU.

Plus Matthew Moyer would be a great influence. He is one quality individual. I love it when we get student athletes with good character.

I used to be an academic tutor as a graduate assistant and still know people working there who can't manage to finish their dissertation :vomit:

I knew this guy in computer science who made it to his junior year and then dropped out to become a cab driver at the Syracuse airport. I just couldn't believe it. I don't think it was a money issue. I think he was just burnt out by school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom