Taurean Thompson | Page 133 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

There are a few huge questions that will be ansewered in 2016
1) Who will be elected POTUS
2)What will our three big Orange sports look like on the field or the court
3) Perhaps 2 but when will Tauren Thompson commit to ANYONE
4) who will be our newA D
5)What will the Yankees do with current roster players and new from trades or FA signings
6)Who will die in the next season of GOTs
7) Will my son's show gets picked up for a third season. Yes this question is more mine but its important to me and family. My grandson's college education is already paid for ,I believe.

Last edited:
Funny thing about the playing time angle over there is that SH is bringing back two JR starters in the post that played around 30 mpg, and a reserve that played over 10 mpg. None projects as NBA types that would leave early. So it's not like he's walking into an instant starting gig or heavy minutes off the bench if he ends up there.

I don't like the argument about playing time. If TT can't beat older players for playing time how is he going to get drafted and compete in the NBA? I think where ever TT ends up he should step up, play his guts out, and win his playing time from the other players.

That said, SHU already is one over the scholarship limit so I doubt he ends up there.

I think TT would be insane not to commit to SU. Not because of my own selfish reason but because after this season during the 2017-18 season he will be the main dude or very close to it. He would be so ready for the NBA after the 2017-18 season in terms of skills and weight training.

Whatever is holding him back it's a mystery. I wish he decides soon so he can be on campus for the second summer session.

MSU would take TT if he called, but they've realized he isn't coming and that he's best suited to play at SU. I'll be excited if/when he decides to wear Orange, but then I'll be nervous about him being too thin skinned. This is a good kid, but his leaving Hurley and St Anthony's provides us some level of clues.

Once TT realizes that coaches like Hurley, Izzo or Boeheim are there to make you better, and not to make it easy, he will almost immediately become a better player.

I stress, he's a real good kid, not a troublemaker. He's talented and worth the time/effort, I am told. He's just got to grow into all of this.

Oh, and pick a school. Preferably, SU.

Fast prime number generation is used in all forms of digital encryption. It is the bases of all Bitcoin type money. At some point you will not be able to live without prime numbers in your day to day activities.
th

I don't like the argument about playing time. If TT can't beat older players for playing time how is he going to get drafted and compete in the NBA? I think where ever TT ends up he should step up, play his guts out, and win his playing time from the other players.

That said, SHU already is one over the scholarship limit so I doubt he ends up there.

I think TT would be insane not to commit to SU. Not because of my own selfish reason but because after this season during the 2017-18 season he will be the main dude or very close to it. He would be so ready for the NBA after the 2017-18 season in terms of skills and weight training.

Whatever is holding him back it's a mystery. I wish he decides soon so he can be on campus for the second summer session.

Agreed. And not playing much as a freshman doesn't mean you aren't going to the NBA.

MCW had 3 veteran guards ahead of him and didn't play much, and ended up being a lottery pick.

Jerami Grant played 14 mpg as a freshman. Gbinije barely played as a freshman at Duke, and then played 15 mpg as a 3rd year sophomore at Cuse. Rakeem Christmas played 12 mpg as a freshman.

This isn't Kentucky where if you're not a lottery pick right away you're screwed. We develop our guys.

What I find hilarious is that there are people on here who didn't even know who this guy was 6 months ago and now he will be a main cog after one year and have an NBA career. Seems like there have been lots of pretty good players come here (and elsewhere) and never get to that lofty level. Just a ton of suposition going on. I'd be thrilled if he came here and contributed in a positive way.

There is one given here...your post counts goes up as his days counts go down..

It's not about me. It's about what is best for TT.

TT Countdown:

Registration for new and readmitted undergraduate students, Saturday, August 27 & Sunday, August 28

62 days left to TT watch 2016.

PF Taurean Thompson (NJ @ Brewster Academy) Offered 167

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... 172

I was in Duke land this weekend (Durham, NC) with the family (ugh - the Duke part that is) and I was hoping to come back to news about TT committing. No dice. I keep telling myself that just one of these days it's going to happen. As for Butgers... the only thing different from Rutgers and a prostitute is that a prostitute at least knows he/she sucks. That thread will never get old while one day the TT thread will wash away like so many others. Very sad, I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom