Taurean Thompson | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Aspiring sports talk host.

Probably went to the same talk show school as Ortiz. Oh Lord

Fair enough, but he's been more accurate than Ortiz in the past.

What's your beef on him, just wondering?

huh, so if the source is legit that could very well be the reason for not committing anywhere yet

It'd be awesome, hopefully this opens the door.
If TT was the reason we weren't opening the door for mystery man, then we need to line up all the coaches behind the barn and blindfold them. Not sure if I'd shoot them but I'd make them think about it.

Are we even "allowed" to go after the mystery man? I wonder if there is anything we can do with that situation.
This guy?
th

I questioned this "eligibility " concern a few pages back after tweeting the guy who is claiming he has a good source, but quickly deleted it because I didn't want to start a gossip,rumor, chit storm. After asking around to some of our trusted guys on here, I don't believe for a second the guy tweeting such is relevant or has any legit source. We shall see, but either way, this recruitment needs to end or hopefully...hopefully, "mystery guy" becomes a real possibility and/or Yurt somehow is cleared.

Because he won't be eligible to play in this scenario.

He could be eligible second semester, correct? If Seton Hall or MSU says he can play then (and Izzo has done that in the past with football players), he'll pick one of those schools.

I think the problem with moving on perspective, is moving on to whom? I would whole heartedly agree if we had some quality options but at this point there are not many big men still remaining unless you go the transfer route. Id take the kid from Turkey in a heartbeat regardless of what TT does, but that situation has its own warts and frankly id be suprised if he ever makes it to any college campus. And is the "mystery recruit" even a big man? If not that wont solve our problems heading into 17-18. Im all in favor of going out and getting a transfer, if its quality, but I've seen little evidence the staff is looking in that direction. With our limited scholarships, and our limited options, I would have no problem bringing in TT if he has to sit a semester. Its a roll of the dice but the other options look pretty weak at this point.

If he had an academic issue that was serious, the staff would have been aware of it. TT's been here multiple times and this hasn't come up. We have the flexibility of 3 ships (assuming Mali stays in the draft). Let's not panic yet.

Last edited:
Isn't high school over?

Also, how would sitting out a semester help? If he can't get by the NCAA clearinghouse, I am not sure how sitting out a semester in college would help -- it's not like he had an unacceptable GPA at Syracuse and had to sit out a semester until it improved so he could become eligible again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom