Taurean Thompson | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

TAUREAN THOMPSON STILL IN LIMBO

Taurean Thompson is focusing on Syracuse, Seton Hall and Michigan State, but has yet to decide.

Despite adding UNLV transfer Ben Carter, Michigan State still wants the uncommited 6-foot-10 power forward to visit, Brewster (N.H.) Academy coach Jason Smith recently told SNY.tv, but no visit has been set. The Spartans offered Thompson, who recently took a visit to Syracuse. The Orange remain the frontrunner, sources said.

Asked at the Jordan Brand Classic if he's excited to getting it over with, Thompson said, "Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it...When it feels right and I get all the pros and cons in."

Taurean Thompson is focusing on Syracuse, Seton Hall and Michigan State, but has yet to decide.

Despite adding UNLV transfer Ben Carter, Michigan State still wants the uncommited 6-foot-10 power forward to visit, Brewster (N.H.) Academy coach Jason Smith recently told SNY.tv, but no visit has been set. The Spartans offered Thompson, who recently took a visit to Syracuse. The Orange remain the frontrunner, sources said.

Asked at the Jordan Brand Classic if he's excited to getting it over with, Thompson said, "Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it...When it feels right and I get all the pros and cons in."

Well the pic helps...

When it feels right and I get all the pros and cons in." - Translation - when mom finally gives the thumbs up.

Ha. That's great. Nothing is normal about this thing. It's past the point of comical.
I guess we find out either way within a week. :eat popcorn:
I've had so much popcorn this thread, I'm full. One more ship in 16? Stay tuned, bat fans.
LPP1jN6.gif

I guess we find out either way within a week. :eat popcorn:
I've had so much popcorn this thread, I'm full. One more ship in 16? Stay tuned, bat fans.
LPP1jN6.gif
Maybe Mom will let him make a decision before he leaves home for good. I think once he leaves home for Div 1 Ball he guest the pros with his $ and comes home for Thanksgiving. Thats what Terry did. I see him a bit more than once a year but not a whole lot.Sometimes I have house the parent's acw card. That is of course "guilt"! then he has to squeeze us in

But I think most observers who've followed this recruitment agree that it's been a bit of a circus.

Only people that feel that he needs to make his decision on their timeline.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gillon be a ~15 ppg scorer for us, without having to be the top dog.

If mali goes, I'd expect Lydon, Battle, and Gillon to be double digit scorers. Roberson could certainly achieve that, as well. He averaged about 8ppg this year. If he takes it up a notch as a senior, 13 or more isn't out of the question.

I don't see consistent scoring coming from Howard, Coleman, or Chukwu. But if one or more of them can provide it--disco.

I could also see the press being utilized more with Chukwu patrolling the back end, potentially leading to more / easier scoring opportunities in transition -- moreso than last year.

Even without Mali, the nucleus is there for this to be a very good team--but there are a lot of question marks. With Mali, they would have a lot fewer question marks, and another dangerous scorer.

I also think we are going to play a different offense next year, more up and down the court with the guards we have. In that kind of offense you may see more points out of a Robey because there are more opportunities against an unsettled defense. I don't know that may be a bad example, I just think if we end up playing at a higher tempo the source of the offense will have an entirely different make up than last year. By all accounts both Gillon and Battle can get to the hoop and finish and push pace, that isn't something we've had in a few years. Our offense won't be so reliant on perimeter jump shooting, so not having 3 or 4 shooters on the floor won't be such a problem.

Like I said yesterday, he seems to be the only one talking about it.

If there was any legit concern, there would be a LOT more chatter from the recruitniks.

Dudes trolling the program pretty good right now. Seems to think we can't get eligible players...

When it feels right and I get all the pros and cons in." - Translation - when mom finally gives the thumbs up.

As frustrating as this aspect of his recruitment is, I keep reminding myself that if it wasn't for parent intervention, Tyus Battle would probably still be a Wolverine.

BTW, folks, Seton Hall is out of scholarships.
So that's pretty much it then, isn't it? Unless his mom is cool with East Lansing OR that one guy 0n twitter is accurate about TT being ineligible (which seems ridiculous at this point).

We just missed out on Yurtseven; SHU out of schollys. What other choice does TT have?

So that's pretty much it then, isn't it? Unless his mom is cool with East Lansing OR that one guy 0n twitter is accurate about TT being ineligible (which seems ridiculous at this point).

We just missed out on Yurtseven; SHU out of schollys. What other choice does TT have?
It's not that difficult ... he'll go to MSU to be "closer to his mom". ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom