Taurean Thompson | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

At this point it doesn't seem to be about playing time.

Seton Hall and Michigan State both had one scholarship available up until a few days ago.

Now only MS has one left.

cuseguy said:
At this point it doesn't seem to be about playing time. Seton Hall and Michigan State both had one scholarship available up until a few days ago. Now only MS has one left.

Won't Seton Hall have one if/when Whitehead stays in the draft?

BTW, folks, Seton Hall is out of scholarships.

Wait, what? Seton Hall is recruiting a guy like TT, who is a major get from them and right when it is down to the wire with them looking like at least a 50% chance to get him, they give away the scholarship before he decides? That smells very fishy.

That would be like us getting down to the last week with Diallo and being in excellent shape, but just giving our last scholarship away before he decides.

It would make sense only if it were obvious he had decided on some other school, but clearly that doesn't apear to be the case here. The only other reason you would do that is... well not very good.

JeremyCuse said:
Seton Hall expects another schollie to open up, they are still recruiting Thompson.

Again, it's not about playing time.

If it was, he would have already chosen SU.

Again, it's not about playing time.

If it was, he would have already chosen SU.

No argument here, I am just noting that SH feels they have a schollie for him if he commits. Its clear there are many factors at play here, mom being the biggest.

JeremyCuse said:
No argument here, I am just noting that SH feels they have a schollie for him if he commits. Its clear there are many factors at play here, mom being the biggest.

I have an idea why mom may be resistant, but like the mystery man, I'll keep it to myself.

Wait, what? Seton Hall is recruiting a guy like TT, who is a major get from them and right when it is down to the wire with them looking like at least a 50% chance to get him, they give away the scholarship before he decides? That smells very fishy.

That would be like us getting down to the last week with Diallo and being in excellent shape, but just giving our last scholarship away before he decides.

It would make sense only if it were obvious he had decided on some other school, but clearly that doesn't apear to be the case here. The only other reason you would do that is... well not very good.

We never make it to the last week, we give those schollys away to back up plans long before the last week

CraigForth said:
We never make it to the last week, we give those schollys away to back up plans long before the last week

I think we've gotten past the backup plan mode with limited scholarships, but it looks like we could use a backup plan or two now.

I know this won't be a popular idea but it seems to me like it just might be a good idea to tread a little bit lightly here since there could be something else at play that we aren't aware of that is causing the delay. It seems instead like piling on is the thing to do. Have at it if you must.

pile-on.jpg

I know this won't be a popular idea but it seems to me like it just might be a good idea to tread a little bit lightly here since there could be something else at play that we aren't aware of that is causing the delay. It seems instead like piling on is the thing to do. Have at it if you must.

View attachment 63922

You totally used the wrong pic.

11109172-large.jpg

Seems bizarre that any high school senior planning to go to college, let alone a basketball player, would still not have chosen a school for the fall at this point. Most kids chose their college months ago, and most basketball players even longer ago. Plus, basketball players start in the summer, so he's already set up to be behind his classmates no matter where he decides to go. I don't understand why a family would purposely do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom