Taurean Thompson | Page 136 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

This has NOTHING to do with him being a great student. He is! But he took a class that was not NCAA approved. He passed but it was not approved so he is now retaking it as an approved course. :bang:

Unless they changed the rules, if a class is approved, you can use it even if you took it prior to it being approved. I cannot FATHOM they changed that - we used to see kids who went to schools that normally did not send kids to D1 or D2 (think small school in Nowheresville, ID) and they would have to rush to get 800 courses approved at the last minute.

The student would just have to hope they all got approved, he wouldn't have to retake them all.

That was the problem with foreign students as well - the approvals are taking place quite often after the courses have been taken.

The rush is getting the course approved, not having the student retake it.

This has NOTHING to do with him being a great student. He is! But he took a class that was not NCAA approved. He passed but it was not approved so he is now retaking it as an approved course. :bang:

Why would it impact his commitment though? Why keep 3 schools in limbo? Clearance is a totally separate issue.

I'm not the enemy here lol

I graduated from Syracuse not Duke :)
You'll have to forgive my skepticism. On June 8th, you said you came to the realization that people post rumors on here for attention and to feel important. The NEXT DAY you claimed to have inside sources, that TT would be committing that weekend, and that you wanted to be promoted to All-American.

This I DO know from my work as a GA. if the course was not already approved you cannot retroactively get it approved.

I worked for the NCAA - maybe they changed the rules. Who knows...

I can't believe they take a hardline stance though because any school that changed their curriculum in a small town, and didn't have a resubmission via the NCAA Clearinghouse would essentially have an entire student body that could not get approved to play D1 or D2 without retaking their entire courseload (or they would have to go to a Juco). If you added Advanced Physics, we would take it...at least they used to.

Smaller schools rarely kept up on their submissions...

I worked for the NCAA - maybe they changed the rules. Who knows...

I can't believe they take a hardline stance though because any school that changed their curriculum in a small town, and didn't have a resubmission via the NCAA Clearinghouse would essentially have an entire student body that could not get approved to play D1 or D2 without retaking their entire courseload (or they would have to go to a Juco). If you added Advanced Physics, we would take it...at least they used to.

Smaller schools rarely kept up on their submissions...

You did, well I just lost all respect for you, jk.

I'm ok with you being skeptical. But just respect I'm telling you what I'm hearing from my friends who get assigned to SU athletes.
Here's how I see this playing out. In all likelihood he's going to commit to SU, so the odds are in your favor in that regard. When he does, there won't be a story about a summer school class gone wrong. Still, you'll say you were right and expect everyone to bow down. If anyone brings up the class, you'll just say that's protected information, but your sources were correct all the same.

Here's how I see this playing out. In all likelihood he's going to commit to SU, so the odds are in your favor in that regard. When he does, there won't be a story about a summer school class gone wrong. Still, you'll say you were right and expect everyone to bow down. If anyone brings up the class, you'll just say that's protected information, but your sources were correct all the same.
And you won't be able to prove him right or wrong. So why bother?

Hey, take a Xanax or have a beer man. I am NOT here to get praise from people I will probably never meet. I'm just sharing what I know. That's all.

Because I can see you're full of it, but every couple of pages you post the same nonsense and a bunch of people believe it or ask the same questions about how/why you know. You made your prediction, fine. Why repeat yourself over and over then? IMO, it's just as spammy as the off-topic jokes, pics and videos that the mods told us to refrain from posting in this thread.
If you have health insurance you should seek help for your stress. Let's say I'm some sociopathic fraud. So what? Basketball is a game for us to enjoy. We are Syracuse, we are in the ACC, we have Tyus Battle coming in, we play in the Carrier Dome.

Count your blessings and relax. It's not like you received a cancer diagnosis today.

Relax.

Because I can see you're full of it, but every couple of pages you post the same nonsense and a bunch of people believe it or ask the same questions about how/why you know. You made your prediction, fine. Why repeat yourself over and over then? IMO, it's just as spammy as the off-topic jokes, pics and videos that the mods told us to refrain from posting in this thread.

Here it is! You have made your point LET IT GO. We have it in the famed record books of Syracusefandom that you believe Orangeman 13 to be a fraud and to be looking for praise as a insider. You have done your vigilant duty by saving us from the rhetoric.

I don't see why it matters who is right. I hope the kid ends up here but why make it rough for people that may have inside information to share. It may change at any point. Anyways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom