Class of 2015 - TE Chris Clark (CT) Verballed to Michigan | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE Chris Clark (CT) Verballed to Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you see in Clark that Custis doesn't have? I see Custis as a possible elite player To me he has more upside than Clark. I don't think Clark is a true a TE either. Being offered by Notre Dame doesn't mean you're a great player.

anglerman said:
What do you see in Clark that Custis doesn't have? I see Custis as a possible elite player To me he has more upside than Clark. I don't think Clark is a true a TE either. Being offered by Notre Dame doesn't mean you're a great player.

Clark is a true tight end. Watch his film he is just as good of a blocker as he is a receiver. He's been offered by the entire country, not just Notre Dame.

C
Clark is a true tight end. Watch his film he is just as good of a blocker as he is a receiver. He's been offered by the entire country, not just Notre Dame.
Clark is bigger than Custis so yes he's a true TE. That said I think Custis is a better receiver and will be provide bigger matchup problems for opposing secondaries. You can't tell everything from film but I believe that Custis is a special player and will end up in the NFL.

Chris Clark‏@Clark8Chris 12m
Always will remember my first offer from Syracuse first school to see something in me won't ever forget that !!!

OK...whatever.

Chris Clark‏@Clark8Chris 12m
Always will remember my first offer from Syracuse first school to see something in me won't ever forget that !!!

OK...whatever.

jeez thanks...arrogance at an all time high.

basically i'm too good for you, while giving us a rub on the head

Ugh. If a school being the first to recognize your talent was so goddamn important you'd think that school wouldn't have been summarily eliminated from your recruitment 10 months before signing day.

Why even bother tweeting something like that? I guess he's this years EBO.

Ugh. If a school being the first to recognize your talent was so goddamn important you'd think that school wouldn't have been summarily eliminated from your recruitment 10 months before signing day.

Why even bother tweeting something like that? I guess he's this years EBO.

EGOMANIAC. I am totally fine with kids deciding to go elsewhere. This is 1 kid I cannot stand. Basically all he is saying in that tweet is he is too good for us. I have no idea why Syracuse fans are even responding to the tweet. imo it's an insult.

Very strange tweet indeed. What did he even bother? He makes SU sound like his little buddy up the street and now he's all grown up. Nice of him
to remember the little people that got him where he is today. That would be a senior to be in HS. Hope SU plays whatever school he goes to and kicks their butt.

Do you think he actually read this thread and was feeling bad about it? I bet he read this board when SU was his only offer.

Gosh. You guys sound like if Cuse had never offered him, he would be playing in obscurity for his whole HS career. He's acknowledging that Cuse was his first offer. How is that a putdown? If he gets a better offer, it's because he earned it the old fashioned way. Quit being such wimps. Unrequited love's a bore.

perdurabo said:
Gosh. You guys sound like if Cuse had never offered him, he would be playing in obscurity for his whole HS career. He's acknowledging that Cuse was his first offer. How is that a putdown? If he gets a better offer, it's because he earned it the old fashioned way. Quit being such wimps. Unrequited love's a bore.

You missed the point

When a kid blows you off five minutes after you were his top school because the factories started calling, then tweets what he tweeted , he deserves the verbal wedgie we are giving him

perdurabo said:

We don't think there is a better offer.

How in the world do you translate what anyone has posted here into people making it sound like he'd be obscure if Syracuse didn't offer him. Not one person said that let alone implied it.

It's a pretty simple concept: there's absolutely no point to him publically tweeting what he did today. He eliminated SU from contention 3 months ago and during the span between then and today committed and decommitted from North Carolina and then released his list of his top 6 schools with SU nowhere near it. It's great that he acknowledges that SU offered him first but at this point, under these circumstances, what the hell is the point? Oh wait, it's a shout out to the staff that they're so good at identifying top flight talent even though top flight talent is too good to go to SU? That's how someone could potentially take it (as seen above). Maybe it was innocent, maybe it wasn't, who knows.

And as for the name calling, You can agree or disagree to the posts here in response to his tweet but calling people names isn't helping to sell your point.

Last edited:
Orangepace said:
Lot of Rutgers style butt hurt in this thread. We are better than that.

Didn't get that at all. Everyone wanted this thread shut down a long time ago. It only re-awakened when Chris gave us the backhanded thank you tweet. Now more calls to close the thread.

SU wasn't the right fit for him and it doesn't bother me that he wrote that. Just proves that the SU staff knows what the heck they are doing in identifying talent.

Listen guys, go back to your 16, 17, or 18 year old self and remember all of the bad choices you made thinking they were great choices. It's called being a kid. I'm amazed these kids don't say worse things on Twitter. I used AOL instant messaging in high school; thank God you can't go back and read away messages from the past.

locking this thread will not solve anything as the some old disgruntled posters will just move on to their next target.

some here just takes things too personal

What gives you the right to determine how someone should react to what he posted on twitter? If a few people took it as arrogant - that's their prerogative. Your post isn't any better than what they posted and it's actually worse because now you're insulting other posters.

Last edited:
Maybe a coach reached out to him recently to check in and he posted that after talking to him? A simple "thanks but no thanks." There's always "no reason" for someone to do something, until you find out what the reason is, and then you're like "oh yeah, I guess that's a reason" and it ends up being nowhere as dramatic as many of you would like it to be.

Get over it. Most likely, the kid didn't do anything d!ckish.

Maybe a coach reached out to him recently to check in and he posted that after talking to him? A simple "thanks but no thanks." There's always "no reason" for someone to do something, until you find out what the reason is, and then you're like "oh yeah, I guess that's a reason" and it ends up being nowhere as dramatic as many of you would like it to be.

Get over it. Most likely, the kid didn't do anything d!ckish.

You're right, it may have been completely innocent and to be honest I don't have a big problem with what he wrote - me personally I was more annoyed by it considering the irony of that statement with his recruitment status. But I can see how someone would take what he wrote as being arrogant as well. Point is we're all entitled to our opinions. And we're all entitled to post our opinions here without being insulted by other posters. Pretty much rule 1a of the forum.

Anyhow, that being said, it's definitely time to lock this thread lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors