Class of 2015 - TE Chris Clark (CT) Verballed to Michigan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE Chris Clark (CT) Verballed to Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
First commit for 2015! And sharp looking sis as well, I could see her in Orange easily...as in cheerleading that is! Heck mom looks pretty young too! Unfortunately, Dad looks a lot more like me! LOL
what make you so sure hes gonna be the first commit?

it should be noted that clark has a good buddy from his high school going to cuse nolan callahan to play lax! they were tweeting about the school with each other the other day and he has written on clark facebook page about cuse

Notice how Syracuse is capitalized and psu is lower case? He's Orange! :)

It would be really helpful if we kick psu's ass.
Between Clark watching and Holley actually attending the PSU game, a win may be the biggest recruiting moment we've had in a while.

Between Clark watching and Holley actually attending the PSU game, a win may be the biggest recruiting moment we've had in a while.

I think Clark means that he will be attending the game... after all he was there for the Pinstripe.

scout has clark as the 13 best tight end in the country

Clark has been on the top of my 2015 wish list for a while. We don't have any TE's this year like Clark. I really believe we will see McDonald's offense change in the next couple years once we start to get his personnel in the system. While Wales, and Parris are solid, they more fit into Marrone's system.

You know of any other schools that have been ramping up interest, or where he would seriously consider?

Clark has been on the top of my 2015 wish list for a while. We don't have any TE's this year like Clark. I really believe we will see McDonald's offense change in the next couple years once we start to get his personnel in the system. While Wales, and Parris are solid, they more fit into Marrone's system.

You know of any other schools that have been ramping up interest, or where he would seriously consider?
I think he's Penn St all the way.

At the end of the day we have no chance with this kid.

Unfortunately I agree. While he did list us as the leader, and had from the sound of it a great visit, that was all before PSU, or others get involved. I really don't blame him after seeing us basically ignore the TE this season.

I would love to know our future plans for the position. If we are going to use it as primarily a blocker like this season I don't get why we brought in Batter, and Custis (if he moves there?), and are making Clark one of our top 2015 targets? You would have to believe that McDonald has a plan for what he sees the position evolving into in the future? The only reason I would question this is because of the creation of the H-Back, but I really don't know?

Anyone have thoughts?

Unfortunately I agree. While he did list us as the leader, and had from the sound of it a great visit, that was all before PSU, or others get involved. I really don't blame him after seeing us basically ignore the TE this season.

I would love to know our future plans for the position. If we are going to use it as primarily a blocker like this season I don't get why we brought in Batter, and Custis (if he moves there?), and are making Clark one of our top 2015 targets? You would have to believe that McDonald has a plan for what he sees the position evolving into in the future? The only reason I would question this is because of the creation of the H-Back, but I really don't know?

Anyone have thoughts?

He might just not believe we have the right personnel for what he wants to do, so he is making the TEs block this year, and once his guys get here, he will start throwing them the ball

He might just not believe we have the right personnel for what he wants to do, so he is making the TEs block this year, and once his guys get here, he will start throwing them the ball

The problem with this theory is, if we don't start using the TE for more than just a blocker now the TE's won't want to come and see what we will do in the future with them.

The problem with this theory is, if we don't start using the TE for more than just a blocker now the TE's won't want to come and see what we will do in the future with them.
You all do realize that there are maybe 5 teams in college that utilize a tight end effectively. Syracuse is in the majority, not minority, when it comes to targeting the TE, or lack thereof.

You all do realize that there are maybe 5 teams in college that utilize a tight end effectively. Syracuse is in the majority, not minority, when it comes to targeting the TE, or lack thereof.
:confused: Huh?

:confused: Huh?
Besides a few programs in the country, Chris Clark will choose one that doesn't utilize a tight end as much as he'd want. You all say he will choose Penn St over Syracuse because Syracuse isn't using their TE effectively this year. So how exactly is Penn State's Tight end doing? I can only think of a few programs who actually target a tight end (Texas tech/Jace Amaro, UNC/Eric Ebron, Indiana/Ted Bolser, Wash/Austin Sefarian Jenkins, Notre Dame/Troy Niklaus, FSU/Nick O'leary, Michigan/Devin Funchess). Out of every TE in the country, only 3 have more than 30 catches (about 3-4 rec a game). That puts Syracuse in the category of almost every other program, in that they rarely target a tight end or even line them up to do anything but block. Now do you understand what I meant?

Talented player that is going to be a battle to hold on too. Hopefully...I'll be thinking this with a lot of players for Feb 2015.

You all say he will choose Penn St over Syracuse because Syracuse isn't using their TE effectively this year.
So he's going to pick Syracuse because they used to have an offensive coordinator that used tight ends?? Totally ignoring the fact that the current offensive coordinator has totally ignored them?

So he's going to pick Syracuse because they used to have an offensive coordinator that used tight ends?? Totally ignoring the fact that the current offensive coordinator has totally ignored them?
I am saying that basically every school ignores their Tight Ends, including Syracuse & PSU. Do i think he's picking Syracuse, I have no freakin clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom