Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
When would Clark be eligible to play? 2016 or 2017?

This is great news. Kid could really boost our TE group, which is needed right now.

This is an interesting update. I have mixed feelings on Clark but his talent is undeniable. Talent was never the issue though. He is a young man and maybe made some mistakes but if the staff thinks it has changed him for the better, who am I to hold it against the guy? I would be cautious but bringing him in for a visit to sit down with him is a good move.

If he's got his head on straight, his talent is undeniable. For Shafer to even meet with him makes me think he does, so this is a good development. I truly do believe that of his current list of options, this is the best one for him all things considered.

Let's say we land him [hypothetically]. Would have have to sit out all of next season, and then be eligible as a RS in 2017?

This is an interesting update. I have mixed feelings on Clark but his talent is undeniable. Talent was never the issue though. He is a young man and maybe made some mistakes but if the staff thinks it has changed him for the better, who am I to hold it against the guy? I would be cautious but bringing him in for a visit to sit down with him is a good move.

Can't assume any personality changes. You take a shot on talent. If they had successfully recruited some of the 2016 kids they targeted at TE, maybe you don't take this shot or it's more of a back-burner thing. In the end, we're not a selector school. You have to take some risks and hope they pay off.

Let's say we land him [hypothetically]. Would have have to sit out all of next season, and then be eligible as a RS in 2017?
He'd be a RS sophomore in 2017 I believe, since he played in the season opener against Virginia this year.

Probably, which is why it won't happen. Smith has done a good job here and is a solid recruiter. We are also in pursuit of another 4 star RB too, so that would officially close the book on Mr. Washington. Hopefully, not on his relatives though! :)

I'm fine with passing on the kid. It could be he's the next Fournette and we'll regret it forever but RB is one of those positions that seems easier to fill, easier to find solid talents (as opposed to QB or OT). A look at the draft position of most NFL starting RBs illustrates that well.

I'm fine with passing on the kid. It could be he's the next Fournette and we'll regret it forever but RB is one of those positions that seems easier to fill, easier to find solid talents (as opposed to QB or OT). A look at the draft position of most NFL starting RBs illustrates that well.

Now that we know the whole situation, I am too. From the dictating who the staff can/can't recruit to the dictating of who they can/can't talk to - the whole thing was/is ridiculous. We'll be fine at RB regardless if RW comes here or not. I gave Clark crap for having an ego, the stuff with RW is in a whole different universe.

And I think Fredericks turned out better than even the coaches realized, so I don't think RB is as much of a priority in this class as it was previously.

I cannot imagine a scenario in which RW winds up back in the fold.

Would be great to get him, if just show to show that we can bring in quality recruits.

Get the ball rolling.

And I think Fredericks turned out better than even the coaches realized, so I don't think RB is as much of a priority in this class as it was previously.

I cannot imagine a scenario in which RW winds up back in the fold.

Agree 100%.

Fredricks
Strickland
Morris
MacFarlane

with...

Perkins / Philips / Neal at expressback.

All back next year. With Fredricks emergence, we [1] don't need RW, and [2] don't necessarily have to take one this class.

RB is not quite a priority but I think I'm still all in on Tre Bryant or Kentrail Moran. A one two punch with either or and Fredericks is formidable. To go with Erv, Neal and Strickland you're starting to talk about a backfield worthy of competing for the division.

I don't think Bryant is realistic, but I think Moran is absolutely a possibility.

Personally I'd prefer Bryant but I'm pretty confident he's not going to flip. Moran brings a much different style than Bryant/Neal.

Moran is a north/south guy who will beat you with strength and toughness. Bryant and Neal are the Barry Sanders-style runners...east/west, lightning quick. Moran is gonna run through you, Bryant/Neal are gonna run around you.

So is this how it sets up?

Syracuse – 10/4

Pitt - 10/10

UVA – 10/17

NIT State – 10/31

RB is not quite a priority but I think I'm still all in on Tre Bryant or Kentrail Moran. A one two punch with either or and Fredericks is formidable. To go with Erv, Neal and Strickland you're starting to talk about a backfield worthy of competing for the division.
Once Moe gets here, I think Strickland could move to RB if needed.

I'd prefer last visit, but if it's not last visit, my second choice is first shot.

I thought the NCAA amended its rules regarding mid season transfers. I'm not sure you need to sit a full year anymore.

I can't remember if that was a change for football basketball or all sports.

I'd prefer last visit, but if it's not last visit, my second choice is first shot.

I thought the NCAA amended its rules regarding mid season transfers. I'm not sure you need to sit a full year anymore.

I believe he would have to be in residency for a year before he's eligible.

Probably, which is why it won't happen. Smith has done a good job here and is a solid recruiter. We are also in pursuit of another 4 star RB too, so that would officially close the book on Mr. Washington. Hopefully, not on his relatives though! :)
I don't think so. Feelings get hot from time to time. It would be very easy for them to kiss and make up.

the fact that Michigan is not involved is a good sign. That said McF'it has the last say and I think we can expect he will give Chris an earful about his thoughts on SU.

Agreed. I'm thinking with us having a bye week it's full court press time and he might not even get to those other visits.

the fact that Michigan is not involved is a good sign. That said McF'it has the last say and I think we can expect he will give Chris an earful about his thoughts on SU.
Somebody should point out to Chris that based on his job history there is a good chance McFit won't be there after this season.

Would be interesting considering we are @ UVA that weekend :)
Baffling that a kid who just made a decision that wasn't a fit, is considering a school that in all likelihood will be searching for a new coaching staff after this season ends. By learning from his prior mistake, you would think your relationship with the coaching staff would be a high priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom