Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Clark came here he wouldn't be playing until 2017.
Didn't know that but either way this is the type of talent we need to compete with the Florida states and Clemsons. And if I was a betting man I would say we are the favorites.

He's 18 years old for f's sake. He came out of nowhere to end up the #1 TE in the rankings, I'm sure that's going to go to a kid's head. This team is in need of playmakers. Clark is a playmaker -- I'm willing to take that chance and I'm sure the staff is too. I wouldn't judge a person by what you read on message boards.

He's a locker room cancer. that's why he's not at UCLA anymore.

He's a cancer because he showed up late to a practice with a cell phone in hand?

I have never had personal contact with Clark... and I would wager that none of y'all have either. I think the staff is a good judge of character and know who is or isn't a team player. So instead making aspersions on this kids' character the coaches should be allowed to decide if they want him on the team or not. Besides he is a good friend of both Pickard and Giudice both of whom seem to be great kids. I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't waste my time on someone I thought was a jerk and I don't think Pickard or Giudice would either.

If you are reading this Chris...Cuse wants you, Cuse needs you. Pull the trigger and become part of the proud Cuse family!

this kid is a sure fire nfl player. you cant teach that size, speed and athleticism.

I have never had personal contact with Clark... and I would wager that none of y'all have either. I think the staff is a good judge of character and know who is or isn't a team player. So instead making aspersions on this kids' character the coaches should be allowed to decide if they want him on the team or not. Besides he is a good friend of both Pickard and Giudice both of whom seem to be great kids. I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't waste my time on someone I thought was a jerk and I don't think Pickard or Giudice would either.

id like to add, that anyone who may be critical, think of yourself when you were 18 years of age. consider your mentality. now imagine that you were the most highly sought after player at your particular position in college football recruiting. if the kid failed to act humble at times, I can hardly fault him. its not like hes been accused of being a serial rapist.

If Clark came here he wouldn't be playing until 2017.

are you 100% on this. he didn't play in any games at ucla. why would he have to sit out another year? and, if so, is that unique to Syracuse or any D1A?

are you 100% on this. he didn't play in any games at ucla. why would he have to sit out another year? and, if so, is that unique to Syracuse or any D1A?
I think he did play in the first game. Also, wouldn't he be a January student?

I think he did play in the first game. Also, wouldn't he be a January student?

thanks. that sucks one game would cost him an extra season of sitting out. seems punitive.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time Clark visited McF'it was running his failed bubble screen offense. This time he'll sit down with Lester who is dying for a dynamic TE to feature in the current offensive scheme.

This is setting up to be a fairy tale ending to this recruiting story

This staff has shown the ability to close on some stud recruits and fight off the marquee names.

Once this kid realizes he will be one of the focal points of Lester's offense, the game changes. A big-time TE makes this offense scary with all of the other pieces we have in place.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time Clark visited McF'it was running his failed bubble screen offense. This time he'll sit down with Lester who is dying for a dynamic TE to feature in the current offensive scheme.

This is setting up to be a fairy tale ending to this recruiting story
We're all dying for one too. But I have to say .. the offensive scheme looks better than it has in years. It's telling that a 5th stringer/s c o u t team kid can walk in and run the system and actually move the team down the field. I liked the creative looks -- the Wildcat was cool. We also ran well out of the option (and he threw a TD pass to Estime over the top). And we did it against a pretty good team. We still lost, but we looked a helluva lot better offensively.

Now we're talking. All aboard the Chris Clark Express!!!!! :D

This staff has shown the ability to close on some stud recruits and fight off the marquee names.

Once this kid realizes he will be one of the focal points of Lester's offense, the game changes. A big-time TE makes this offense scary with all of the other pieces we have in place.

Completely agree.

Before the season, I said that Shafer's tenure here would be tied to the choice he made at OC, and whether or not Lester had the chops to give us an offensive identity. Well, 1/3 of the way through the season, it looks like Lester is the right guy for the job.

What a difference having youngsters like Dungey / Fredricks / Strickland give us a dimension of playmaking we've lacked in forever. Brisly Estime emerging as a dynamic playmaker is another huge factor. If we landed a real blue chip TE, this offense would be amazingly fun to watch.

It already is.

Huge fan of Lester's offense. I was hoping we'd be more air raid, but I can get behind this offensive identity for the 'Cuse. It feels great to watch something fun again, after all the years of ineptitude and white knuckle futility.

Completely agree.

Before the season, I said that Shafer's tenure here would be tied to the choice he made at OC, and whether or not Lester had the chops to give us an offensive identity. Well, 1/3 of the way through the season, it looks like Lester is the right guy for the job.

What a difference having youngsters like Dungey / Fredricks / Strickland give us a dimension of playmaking we've lacked in forever. Brisly Estime emerging as a dynamic playmaker is another huge factor. If we landed a real blue chip TE, this offense would be amazingly fun to watch.

It already is.

Huge fan of Lester's offense. I was hoping we'd be more air raid, but I can get behind this offensive identity for the 'Cuse. It feels great to watch something fun again, after all the years of ineptitude and white knuckle futility.
We threw the ball 25 times in the 2nd half, against a good team, without our regular QB. That is throwing the ball quite a bit, Lester showed he is willing to air it out.

We threw the ball 25 times in the 2nd half, against a good team, without our regular QB. That is throwing the ball quite a bit, Lester showed he is willing to air it out.

Sure, but our base offense isn't just throwing the ball -- we've seen a mix of option, jet sweeps, reverses, and plays with Philips / Estime going in motion and receiving pitches. And last game, we saw some wildcat mixed in with Fredericks. In addition to a power running game and the ability to effectively through the ball with high efficiency.

Like I said, I love this offense!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online