Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
rrlbees said:
I don't know. He's the exact opposite of the type of kid Shafer says he recruits.

They recruited him for a while they must have a pretty good a feel of the type of kid he is. Shafer obviously knew the kid before he blew up on the recruiting trail and started getting all the national media attention. From everything that was said at the time, and from his interviews it sounded like he was a very polite, well mannered, level headed kid. Then he blows up on the national scene and pushed off aside. He's a 17 year old kid, I sure wasn't happy how he brushed us aside, and he seemed to get full of himself. Fast forward to today and you have to think with everything that has happened with his transfer from UCLA that his ego has been knocked down a peg. If I was Shafer and knew who the kid was before all the attention, and felt good about it, I'd definitely want to give the kid a call and feel him out if you think he can ultimately be a positive asset to your program. I was as hard on him as anybody with the diva stuff, but I would welcome him with open arms if he decided to come here. I mean we had no problem embracing RW and he was the biggest diva out there, but he was our diva ... At the time.

They recruited him for a while they must have a pretty good a feel of the type of kid he is. Shafer obviously knew the kid before he blew up on the recruiting trail and started getting all the national media attention. From everything that was said at the time, and from his interviews it sounded like he was a very polite, well mannered, level headed kid. Then he blows up on the national scene and pushed off aside. He's a 17 year old kid, I sure wasn't happy how he brushed us aside, and he seemed to get full of himself. Fast forward to today and you have to think with everything that has happened with his transfer from UCLA that his ego has been knocked down a peg. If I was Shafer and knew who the kid was before all the attention, and felt good about it, I'd definitely want to give the kid a call and feel him out if you think he can ultimately be a positive asset to your program. I was as hard on him as anybody with the diva stuff, but I would welcome him with open arms if he decided to come here. I mean we had no problem embracing RW and he was the biggest diva out there, but he was our diva ... At the time.

Very difficult to go back......on decisions made.....just saying.

Kid isn't coming here.

Bye week. Have the kid come up and stay with his old teammates, Ellison and Giudice. Hang with the team and coaches and everybody can get a feel for one another.

Bye week. Have the kid come up and stay with his old teammates, Ellison and Giudice. Hang with the team and coaches and everybody can get a feel for one another.

When the thread re-emerged I put chance at 0% elevated slightly since then.

Everyone wants to bury this 17/18 yr old kid cause his head got inflated during the recruitment process by every major football powerhouse in the country. Stop throwing stones a lot of people on this board would have gotten an inflated ego in the exact same situation. He's a kid. Been saying that all along. If he wants to come here and he's gotten his priorities straight, cool, welcome aboard! It's not like the kid had a hit and run or dui or stole something or assaulted someone. He's guilty of letting the glitz and glamour go to his head.

Everyone wants to bury this 17/18 yr old kid cause his head got inflated during the recruitment process by every major football powerhouse in the country. Stop throwing stones a lot of people on this board would have gotten an inflated ego in the exact same situation. He's a kid. Been saying that all along. If he wants to come here and he's gotten his priorities straight, cool, welcome aboard! It's not like the kid had a hit and run or dui or stole something or assaulted someone. He's guilty of letting the glitz and glamour go to his head.

I didn't see anyone burying him. If the coaches want to go after him full force, then ok. I just don't think that's the case at this time.

Why is that?

well considering 100 x 0% is 0% I think he is saying - he gone.

personally id say we are at about 10-15% based on the above follows mentioned and the fact he wants to be closer to home. Fact remains he thinks he is big time. Not sure we are there yet (in his mind)

Yeah, I was just being a wiseass. I have no idea if we have a shot. I have mentioned before how if he is the kind of kid that will damage the current chemistry then I would prefer we don't take him, but I trust the coaches, and the kid is a tremendous talent. So, I am in a wait and see mode.

personally id say we are at about 10-15% based on the above follows mentioned and the fact he wants to be closer to home. Fact remains he thinks he is big time. Not sure we are there yet (in his mind)
agreed, but the teams he is considering, UVA (coach will be fired this year) NC State (no comment) and Pitt (peer school) don't scream big time to me. Perhaps his ego has been checked. What other close schools are there close to NJ? BC? MD? Rutgers? No one screams big time to me. Now if was looking at Michigan or PSU, maybe, but I think our chance is greater than you think, that is, if we want him.

I am amazed by some of the comments here. If he wants to come here, we take him. I 100% trust the staffs' opinions of him.

If he can provide an upgrade at the TE position AND they are comfortable with his character, then you make a hard run at him.

If you were a 17/18 year old kid and visited UCLA, the co-eds alone would cause me to commit.

I am amazed by some of the comments here. If he wants to come here, we take him. I 100% trust the staffs' opinions of him.

If he can provide an upgrade at the TE position AND they are comfortable with his character, then you make a hard run at him.

If you were a 17/18 year old kid and visited UCLA, the co-eds alone would cause me to commit.
And while we are at it, I would take robert Washington if he wanted to come here as well.

And while we are at it, I would take robert Washington if he wanted to come here as well.
Only if he apologize to ALL the coaches.

What comments

This is great news. He already visited multiple times when we were recruiting him hard during the beginning of his recruiting process so he already knows what we offer. Could this just be icing on the cake?

Does DeAndre Smith have to go for him to come? Honest question. I have no answer for it.

Does DeAndre Smith have to go for him to come? Honest question. I have no answer for it.
Probably, which is why it won't happen. Smith has done a good job here and is a solid recruiter. We are also in pursuit of another 4 star RB too, so that would officially close the book on Mr. Washington. Hopefully, not on his relatives though! :)

This is an interesting update. I have mixed feelings on Clark but his talent is undeniable. Talent was never the issue though. He is a young man and maybe made some mistakes but if the staff thinks it has changed him for the better, who am I to hold it against the guy? I would be cautious but bringing him in for a visit to sit down with him is a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom