Class of 2015 - TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI

I'll be honest, I expected Pickard to already be committed to Michigan by now. If we can make it to tomorrow without a commit (since Shafer is going to see him tomorrow) I'll take that as a very good thing. I still don't think we get him...but...
Like I said it's all about whether Pickard will hold out to play defense which has been his preference all along. If he sticks to that belief, nothing Harbaugh says will ultimately matter.

Of course that doesn't mean he's ours he could stay with Wiscy, but if he really wants to be a defender, he won't be playing for Big Blue.

@KyleBogie: Millburn (N.J.) 3-star DE Jake Pickard recalls electric atmosphere at #Michigan, thinking over options foxs.pt/1utGyIS

Kinda funny how no one talks about him still being "committed" to Wisc.

I saw a Wisconsin tweet yesterday from their scowt site that basically said that it would be a miracle if he stayed with Wisconsin.

Jake Pickard ‏@JakePickard2015 25m25 minutes ago Romulus, MI
Football is crazy, people on my flight know who I am
1f633.png
1f633.png

Really too bad he wasn't here for a basketball game on his OV.

Well, to get over the depression of possibly (probably?) losing Clark, decided I needed to cheer myself up and talk about the fact that Pickard is very much in play still: http://.com/pickard-still-in-the-hunt-for-pickard-after-michigan-trip/

And if we do get Pickard does Howard come with him? Haven't seen where he has committed to Mizzou this weekend.

And if we do get Pickard does Howard come with him? Haven't seen where he has committed to Mizzou this weekend.
I can't remember where I saw it, but apparently Illinois is a distinct possibility for Howard.

According to Sam Webb from that recruiting site it's all about Michigan.

Strong Odds of Flipping?

Jake Pickard, DE, Millburn, N.J., 6-6, 235
The offer from Michigan earlier this week may have been the one Pickard was waiting for. That’s saying a lot considering the soft Wisconsin commit also holds offers from Oregon and Nebraska. Then there is Boston College and Syracuse… options that aren’t as high profile as the aforementioned two, but much closer to home. There are a host of other suitors as well, but according to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. East Regional Manager Brian Dohn, Pickard has long had a dream of becoming a Wolverine. That dream might be on the verge of becoming reality.

“It all seemed so clear for Pickard a month ago, but then Gary Andersen bolted Wisconsin, Syracuse ramped up its pursuit and then Jim Harbaugh became involved as Michigan offered. So, where do things stand? Pickard has long wanted a Michigan offer, and when his recruitment began more than a year ago it was close to being a given, if the Wolverines offered, he would be go there. Fast-forward to the present, and Pickard, who visited Syracuse last weekend, is visiting Ann Arbor this weekend. If he gets off campus without committing it will be a major accomplishment for Wisconsin and Syracuse. If he doesn’t wind up at Michigan it will be a minor miracle.”

Sounds like a commit watch.

According to Sam Webb from that recruiting site it's all about Michigan.

Strong Odds of Flipping?

Jake Pickard, DE, Millburn, N.J., 6-6, 235
The offer from Michigan earlier this week may have been the one Pickard was waiting for. That’s saying a lot considering the soft Wisconsin commit also holds offers from Oregon and Nebraska. Then there is Boston College and Syracuse… options that aren’t as high profile as the aforementioned two, but much closer to home. There are a host of other suitors as well, but according to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. East Regional Manager Brian Dohn, Pickard has long had a dream of becoming a Wolverine. That dream might be on the verge of becoming reality.

“It all seemed so clear for Pickard a month ago, but then Gary Andersen bolted Wisconsin, Syracuse ramped up its pursuit and then Jim Harbaugh became involved as Michigan offered. So, where do things stand? Pickard has long wanted a Michigan offer, and when his recruitment began more than a year ago it was close to being a given, if the Wolverines offered, he would be go there. Fast-forward to the present, and Pickard, who visited Syracuse last weekend, is visiting Ann Arbor this weekend. If he gets off campus without committing it will be a major accomplishment for Wisconsin and Syracuse. If he doesn’t wind up at Michigan it will be a minor miracle.”

Sounds like a commit watch.
Dohn has SPOKEN!

Do y'all think that Jake is MI first choice or are they waiting on Chris Clark to decide?

Michigan is definitely his first choice. And yes Clark is a factor in this.

With Michigan's low numbers and only a couple weeks until signing day, why wouldn't they take both?

With Michigan's low numbers and only a couple weeks until signing day, why wouldn't they take both?
That's my thought as well. It might work out for us of course, because if they had limited numbers they might have given Pickard an ultimatum, and he might have verbaled on the visit. Now at least there's not as much pressure to commit because they have so many open spots, so Shafer and co. get to make their final pitch.

That's my thought as well. It might work out for us of course, because if they had limited numbers they might have given Pickard an ultimatum, and he might have verbaled on the visit. Now at least there's not as much pressure to commit because they have so many open spots, so Shafer and co. get to make their final pitch.
he didn't

Do y'all think that Jake is MI first choice or are they waiting on Chris Clark to decide?
I think they're waiting on Clark(Chris) to decide. Still have some hope we can keep Jake since I believe he wants to play defense, but who knows. The only way we really lose him or Clark (Steven) is if they have been convinced to play offense, which in reality just means they wanted to play for a bigger name program all along. The staff has done and continues to do their job trying to reel these two in. We'll see.

Sorry I worded that funny. I meant does Michigan have him as their first choice or would they prefer Clark. ;)

Gotta say they would want Clark before Pickard at TE. Clark is going to play in the NFL. That kid is a freak.

Sorry I worded that funny. I meant does Michigan have him as their first choice or would they prefer Clark. ;)
They want Clark. Due to their low number of commits. I would think they will take both. They want Pickard to hold until they know what Clark is gonna do. Whats really weird is that Mich is looking at pickard at DE. Im just as puzzled as anyone else.

I hate to think of things in this way but...

...with the storm that's supposed to hit the area...what if our coaches can't make it there for their visit? What if that winds up being the difference, not getting that last in home? Harbaugh has only said he's going to "try" to visit, so who knows if he actually will.

If Mother Nature screws this up, I'm not buying her a birthday card this year.

...with the storm that's supposed to hit the area...what if our coaches can't make it there for their visit? What if that winds up being the difference, not getting that last in home? Harbaugh has only said he's going to "try" to visit, so who knows if he actually will.

Memba that tweet about Atlanta and snow/ice...Shafer will get a team of Yukon Huskies to pull him down to NJ through the snowstorm.

I was thinking the same thing. At least southern Jersey isn't getting hit as bad, but still depending on the timing of the visit, it could screw things up. Today is such a big day on a few fronts.